Sheff Wed v Man City BBC 1 

Leicester b Small Heath 

Spurs v Norwich BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport website & app.‬

Thursday 

FA Cup 5th rd 

Derby v Man Utd BT Sport 2

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes really at it tonight Chelsea. The young lad Gilmour impressive 

I watched him live at Wolves U23 vs Chelsea U23 in November 2019 at Compton Park (Training Ground)!

He ran the show for Chelsea... Their best under 23 player by some distance. Excellent player

Edited by Villan4Life

Sheff Utd playing extra time why no replay??  There was last round!  The FA Cup is piss poor this year.  Some games have VAR some do not. Are they trying to make it worse on purpose!?

14 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Sheff Utd playing extra time why no replay??  There was last round!  The FA Cup is piss poor this year.  Some games have VAR some do not. Are they trying to make it worse on purpose!?

They changed it this season. there have been no replayes from the 1/4 finals onwards for a while and they scrapped it in the 5th round from this year too. Replays are only really beneficial to smaller teams and usually only 1 or two teams left at this stage that are outside the prem/championship anyway. For this season any games that go to extra time the losing side will get 25% of the prize money (£90,000 to the losers, £270,000 for the winner) for going through to balance out some of the potential financial loss from a replay.

FWIW i do actually agree with it completely, keep them for the prelims & rounds 1-4 and scrap them after that. Most of the teams left in the last 8 every year are still in europe, trying to get there again or going for promotion in the championship. The last thing any of them need/want is replays and it may actually encourage managers to put out better teams knowing it is a simple one-off tie rather than resting a load of players knowing there is a chance of a replay to either rely on to get through if they want to or dread if they don't care about the cup

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Van Dijk reverting to form lately. It's almost as if a good 18 months doesn't make you the greatest ever player ever in ever. 

No he’s been the best for 18 months and had a bad couple of games 

So glad Plop are out of another domestic cup after the contempt Klopp has shown for the league cup and the replay of the last round. Did he even show up tonight?

I know it’s not going to happen but I’m going to day dream about them f*^%ing up the league.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Van Dijk reverting to form lately. It's almost as if a good 18 months doesn't make you the greatest ever player ever in ever. 

1 very good season, he has been average quite a lot this season. I think the truth is the keeper has made them more solid defensively. 

If he was really elite he wouldn't have wasted 5 years at Celtic or Southampton. Doesnt have the longevity at the top and defensive class of a Ramos, Chiellini or Varane

10 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Migiel Almiron has scored twice for Newcastle at West Brom.

Joelinton has put a ring around "Aston Villa" on his calendar.

He won't score until we play 'em, guaranteed.

Â