Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's 19 ;)

He's going to have a big year this year though, he'll break through to the England team next cycle

Who is he breaking into the senior England team ahead of " next cycle "?

Unless you mean the under 21s?

You do realise his highest current level is Under 19 right?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Honestly I see nothing but positives out of what you wrote. Thats an astounding amount of money to get for an unproven youth player.

Add in the fact he wanted to leave even though he was getting game time, I think the club have played a blinder.

If I was a Chelsea fan i would be watching chucks glamour reels and thinking "there is another one for the loan army, wake me when we sign more starters".

Ok 9am this morning what was your prediction for villa this season (probably 7th - 10th)

5pm approx we sell chuck for £20m - has your prediction been revised upwards because we have an extra £20m burning a hole in our pocket ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

There is no debate there, better to have the 20m now, he is still learning his trade. An alternative question. If Villa spent 20m buying Chuk from another club, would we be happy?

It would be mixed feelings...  He is the highest rated English player in the youth system, but 20 million is a lot of money for someone so young and untested.  It could be brilliant business by Chelsea and end up getting a 100 million pound player at a discount, but on the other hand, all it takes is a Gary Gardner leg break and his career will never recover.  

Just now, hippo said:

Ok 9am this morning what was your prediction for villa this season (probably 7th - 10th)

5pm approx we sell chuck for £20m - has your prediction been revised upwards because we have an extra £20m burning a hole in our pocket ?

Even if Chuk signed a contract extension I didn't have him in my thinking to have any impact on the first team this year. Sangare is apparently available for 20m/25m. If we signed him I would expect him to have a direct influence on us finishing higher up the table

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

two things.

1.) I predicted 5th today. I was high when making my prediction. I stand by it.... but for context :)
2.) Depends how we spend it tbh! I think we both see the same issues in our attack. Not sure what the solution is though.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ok - so a promising 18 year old has left for another club - but we've got £20m to spend.

Fair play if your seeing a positive.

He didn’t want to stay. He was given plenty of unwarranted chances and didn’t take them. 

The club made a fair offer a year ago to someone who is not even close to being an Owen, Rooney or Bellingham and he turned it down because he allegedly wanted £100k p.w. and assured game time (neither of which he will get a Chelsea). It just doesn’t work like that and thankfully the club is principled enough to realise giving in to the kids sets an unhealthy precedent.

Frankly I expected an impasse and to get peanuts next Summer or at best £3m now with paltry add-ons.

Yes, he may go on to be mega, or fizzle into the hype, but we weren’t in control. We have a conveyor belt of good talent coming through,  not all will make it, and I think £20m is frankly very good business given where we were.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

It would be mixed feelings...  He is the highest rated English player in the youth system, but 20 million is a lot of money for someone so young and untested.  It could be brilliant business by Chelsea and end up getting a 100 million pound player at a discount, but on the other hand, all it takes is a Gary Gardner leg break and his career will never recover.  

Yep, I can't argue with that but I think where Villa are at the moment I much prefer to see us pick up lots of top talent for a few hundred grand a pop than blowing 20m and putting all the risk on one player. In 4 years time Ross Wilson could be worth far more than Chuk. I really like the way Villa are doing things at the moment, I just hope SG can deliver on the pitch to match all the outstanding business in every other aspect of the club

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

I mean, well it could go towards getting a player who could make us better NOW, It could even be the extra 20 mill we needed to get a higher target, or an additional target as opposed to one.

Chuk had absolutely zero effect one the senior squad at present either way , regardless of how people want to spin it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

two things.

1.) I was high when making my prediction. I stand by it.... but for context :)
2.) Depends how we spend it tbh! I think we both see the same issues in our attack. Not sure what the solution is though.

I think u need to slight modify your VT username :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I mean, well it could go towards getting a player who could make us better NOW, It could even be the extra 20 mill we needed to get a higher target, or an additional target as opposed to one.

Chuk had absolutely zero effect one the senior squad at present either way , regardless of how people want to spin it.

Of course it "could"........

But the question remains - I don't see our prospects this season upgraded because we have an extra £20m to spend.

We aren't in FFP bother - our  owners have cash to burn ....if there was a player we wanted for £20m we'd have him by now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

He didn’t want to stay. He was given plenty of unwarranted chances and didn’t take them. 

The club made a fair offer a year ago to someone who is not even close to being an Owen, Rooney or Bellingham and he turned it down because he allegedly wanted £100k p.w. and assured game time (neither of which he will get a Chelsea). It just doesn’t work like that and thankfully the club is principled enough to realise giving in to the kids sets an unhealthy precedent.

Frankly I expected an impasse and to get peanuts next Summer or at best £3m now with paltry add-ons.

Yes, he may go on to be mega, or fizzle into the hype, but we weren’t in control. We have a conveyor belt of good talent coming through,  not all will make it, and I think £20m is frankly very good business given where we were.

He didn't stay because he couldn't see a route to the first team.

Villa offered to make him the highest paid teenager it wasn't about the money villa were offering.

• Confused 1

Just now, hippo said:

But the question remains - I don't see our prospects this season upgraded because we have an extra £20m to spend.

We aren't in FFP bother - our  owners have cash to burn ....if there was a player we wanted for £20m we'd have him by now.

My thinking is less " 20 million " in isolation and more 20 mill in addition to say 30, 40, or 50 mill.

Instead of just a midfielder for 25 - 30 mill, you can potentially now get a midfielder AND a striker.

OR, a midfielder even better than the midfielder you had the initial budget for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well look at it this way, Chuck an unproven prospect just paid for Coutinho a champions league and multiple title winners transfer fee. Thats got to be a positive surely?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

He didn't stay because he couldn't see a route to the first team.

Villa offered to make him the highest paid teenager it wasn't about the money villa were offering.

How is it that you're discrediting other people for pointing out the bleeding obvious that it was about money, and joining a more " prestigious " club,.

Then in the same breath claim with authority that he left because he couldn't " see a route " to the first team, in a much weaker squad than the one he is going to?

The " we offered to make him the highest paid teen in the country " doesn't mean Chelsea haven't offered the same or more! 🤦🏿‍♂️

I'm guessing he would have " seen a route to the first team " if we had a better manager but offered less money ? 🤣

Anyone who thinks this is a " Tuchel " signing is playing blind. Obviously Tuchel will sign off, but it's blatantly a Chelsea recruitment team strategy signing.

• Like 3

To be fair to him. If he gets on the pitch at Chelsea he will be in a team with more possession. Which he needs. He hasn't mastered pressing and tracking back yet. 

If he had he would have been nearer 30 mill and would be another Bellingham. 

Theres no betrayal here whatsoever. He believes in himself and wants to move elsewhere. And we have been compensated with 20 million for our work in developing him for 7 years. Winners all round but we are the only ones who have won with no risk.

• Like 3

Â