Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

That's fine. But what you've explained is different to making him train on his own and freezing him out. Of course the younger players who have committed their futures take priority over Carney if he doesn't wish to do so. I have no problem with that. It was the excluding of him from everything is what I took issue with.

He's not training alone, he's training with the U23s (now the U21s). He's 18, it's not like when we used to make Nzogbia and Hutton do it, if he's not with the first team he's exactly where he should be.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Tbf to the kid, if I knew clubs like Barca are interested in me and I only had a year left, I'd probably just leave too unless they give me a massive wage.

Money Grabber

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

You sure? Assumed Wright was playing up front and Carney was in midfield. But yeah possible it's Caleb.

If he’s demanding to play the whole 90 minutes and a win bonus, it must be Carney. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He's not training alone, he's training with the U23s (now the U21s). He's 18, it's not like when we used to make Nzogbia and Hutton do it, if he's not with the first team he's exactly where he should be.

I know this. The poster that I orignally quoted stated that he hopes that the club "freeze him out" and "make him train alone". Hence my reference to training alone.

• Like 1

If Carny is waiting for advice from above....then whats taking sooooooo long.Surely when you talk to God you dont have to press 1 to talk

2 for advice

3 to be shown the way

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

If Carny is waiting for advice from above....then whats taking sooooooo long.Surely when you talk to God you dont have to press 1 to talk

2 for advice

3 to be shown the way

No, just press 666 and a trap door opens ejecting you to Small Heath.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder how he’ll be treated if he doesn’t sign and doesn’t move. I hope the club completely freezes him out and makes him train alone. 

12 months without any competitive football I imagine is very damaging for an 18yr old kids development. 

That would be petty and counter productive to our youth recruitment long term. He has every right to explore other pathways for his career and for every Grealish there’s a Danny Cowley… What will be will be and though disappointing to a degree we have Tommi O’Reilly & Aaron Ramsey next to hopefully break through. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Dortmund are in a league where a large amount of their games aren't competitive for them so you can afford time to these players. In the Prem it's ultra competitive and a handful of points can be difference between 15th and 9th. Or 7th and 5th

Really? Dortmund concede 52 goals last season and didnt win a third of the games they played yet still finished 2nd

I would say they play in a more competitive league if remove Bayern

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Really? Dortmund concede 52 goals last season and didnt win a third of the games they played yet still finished 2nd

I would say they play in a more competitive league if remove Bayern

Sounds like a shit league where players like Carney could thrive. 

Less bothered than I would be if we didn't have the Ramsey brothers.

Good luck to him if he does leave, I honestly think it'll be a bad move though. Especially if any of the teams listed above. Maybe Arsenal in the Wenger days would have been a smart move but not now.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

plus Haaland, Lewandowski, Muller 

pretty shitty league alright

You can have good players in shit leagues.  They’ll just find it even easier as the numbers prove with those players you just mentioned. 

Mane probably scores 30+ next season.

• Haha 2

Barcelona and PSG would both be terrible for his development. Supposedly his issue with us is he believes we're more likely to buy first team players than play him and he'll have it even worse there. Bayern too, less so nowadays but still burn through a lot of promising talent.

Liverpool or Dortmund I couldn't begrudge him. Arsenal I'd understand but be frustrated by.

If he goes to PSG, Chelsea, United, City, Bayern, Barca or Real then his issue was never playing time.

Liverpool, Dortmund, Arsenal or AC Milan - I'd believe he gets a fair crack at breaking in their teams and that he just really believes in himself as a top player and I'd get his reasoning.

Â