Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Hopefully someone who isn’t confident of getting him on a free, bids this Summer and Carney wants to go there. That’s the only way we’re getting money for him. 

It’s a shame. We’ve done as much as we can as a club. We even brought his brother here which I’m pretty sure was just to make him happy because he isn’t good enough for us. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hopefully someone who isn’t confident of getting him on a free, bids this Summer and Carney wants to go there. That’s the only way we’re getting money for him. 

It’s a shame. We’ve done as much as we can as a club. We even brought his brother here which I’m pretty sure was just to make him happy because he isn’t good enough for us. 

Well Carney himself will probably decide he has to move this summer, his representation might worry too that he might get a proper agent before next summer too. Carney will not want a season of no football before he gets his move. Whatever teams were interested next summer can bid for him this summer and give a sell on clause and job done. He's further ahead than Sancho was when he moved so something like £10m + 15% sell on clause we will accept I'm sure.

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

£10m?! :lol:

We aren't getting over £5m from anyone.

Didn’t Sancho leave for £8m + add ons with 12 months left on his contract and refusing to sign a new one? 

£10m is perfectly reasonable.

7 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The very idea and notion of a God is man-made.

God didn't create anything, yet we created God.

We incorrectly use God to fill in the blanks of that we find challenging or merely do not understand.

As there is no tangible proof for Gods, fairies, Voodoo magic, reptilian overlords etc are the people who believe in them sane?

Sincerely held beliefs can be dangerous, illogical and/or without premise such as the aforesaid tangible evidence argument.

If we rely upon a supernatural force rather than logic to make sound judgment calls I'd affirm that to be a 'nut-job'.

Good stuff, but wrong thread. 

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Didn’t Sancho leave for £8m + add ons with 12 months left on his contract and refusing to sign a new one? 

Yes and he hadn't played for Citys first team and was 17

I wonder how he’ll be treated if he doesn’t sign and doesn’t move. I hope the club completely freezes him out and makes him train alone. 

12 months without any competitive football I imagine is very damaging for an 18yr old kids development. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

And he was ready to go straight into Dortmund's first team.

We've seen Carney isn't ready for first team football.

The whole saga with this lad has been nothing short of ridiculous. 

Currently, he has proved nothing other than the fact that he has big ideas in his head, be those his own or the view of his agent. To me, he hasn’t shown anything that proves he is the next big thing. He has potential but nothing more than that; so did plenty before him and look where some of those ended up. From the outside he appears to have more ego than anything else. 

The most disturbing thing to me is the apparent lack of desire to work harder and prove his manager wrong. If you think you should just be guaranteed first team action, especially at his age, that will make make you about as popular as fart in a spacesuit with players and management alike. 

Cameron Archer is 20 now and has just got his head down and worked hard, and it shows. 

Personally, I won’t miss him in the slightest. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Probably the worst possible time to join Barca if true, and makes me think it’s not about game  time. Good luck to him 

Xavi as manager working with a progressive team with youth now at its core (Pedri, Puig, Fati). It's literally the best time to join if you're an unproven but admired youth prospect. Though I doubt that's where he ends up.

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder how he’ll be treated if he doesn’t sign and doesn’t move. I hope the club completely freezes him out and makes him train alone. 

12 months without any competitive football I imagine is very damaging for an 18yr old kids development. 

Well we have to freeze him out really. He's not good enough right now to be playing ahead of Sanson, Luiz, Ramsey or McGinn. So Gerrard has no reason to play him other than for his development. 

As he will leave for the same training fees regardless in 12 months time. So we should put him back with the u21s unless we feel he would be a bad influence which is unlikely. 

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

German football isn't the level of the Premier League. Also Sancho didn't start a game for them until mid Jan. He'd two brief appearances off the bench before that. I'd say Carney would get 20+ games at Dortmund

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

German football isn't the level of the Premier League. Also Sancho didn't start a game for them until mid Jan. He'd two brief appearances off the bench before that. I'd say Carney would get 20+ games at Dortmund

Out of interest, do you think McGinn would get 25+ games then as he's a far better player?

The way fees have inflated, £8m in 2017 is probably about £14m today. Let's see.

I’m a little confused how we haven’t been inundated with bids for him. Surely given how highly rated he is clubs should be falling over themselves to get him. A bid of £10m would most likely get him, this is peanuts in todays game. Academy players are moving for £2m+.

6 minutes ago, WHY said:

I’m a little confused how we haven’t been inundated with bids for him. Surely given how highly rated he is clubs should be falling over themselves to get him. A bid of £10m would most likely get him, this is peanuts in todays game. Academy players are moving for £2m+.

Why do you think Villa are not "inundated with bids" for Carney?

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why do you think Villa are not "inundated with bids" for Carney?

Because he would have gone by now imo. He isn’t signing so it’s in our best interest to move him on. I think £10m gets him so would have expected at least one club to have bid this, why risk losing one of the worlds best talents…

Edited by WHY

34 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If it was about game time and he sees a chance of that at Dortmund, why can’t he sign his contract and work with the club to get him a loan there. I’d say he’s at best ill advised.

He’s not been out on loan and his first team appearances haven’t really set the world alight. He is what he is, a very talented young footballer, who with time and hard work could go far. So far he hasn’t shown any sign of embracing either of those vital aspects required by most people in any business let alone professional football. He’s in danger of becoming the subject of a, “I wonder what happened to him?” conversation some time in the future. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why would you want to actively try to hinder his career? He agreed to join the club on a 3(?) year contract. He's honouring that contract. The people at the club think he is a special talent so they would like him to sign a new contract. It looks like we've given him minutes in the hope that he would sign a new contract. However, maybe Gerrard thought that he was ready to contribute and that's why he was giving him minutes. If it is the case that he was given minutes before he was ready then he just goes back to the role that he had before getting those minutes. Training with the squad and flitting between the senior and U-23's for different games.

This attitude of get over there in the corner and train on your own is a bit pointless really and totally needless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Sancho had made no first team appearances prior to moving to Dortmund.

Â