Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But that's picking 3 18 year olds who do play for their nations first team, there are plenty more who dont

And I'm not sure if anyone is suggesting he will get to that level, that's special elite level, walk in to any top 4 team, he doesn't have to be that good to still make it bad for us to lose him, at the moment it's not outlandish to suggest he will get to Ramseys level

He is the best player at England U19 level, arguably based on the u19 euros he was the best player at that tournament 

I don't know an 18 year old or 19 year old doing better than him in the PL, I guess you'd be looking at Harvey Elliot 

I think they are which is why the thread is so hot. The only way we’ll really regret losing him as a club is if he did that. Otherwise it’s not the end of the world. Just disappointing.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 minutes ago, useless said:

When Grealish was in our academy it was obvious that he was going to be a very good player, the fact that at the time there would have been other teenagers in world football already playing first team football at a high level didn't take away from that, Chukwuemeka or any academy player doesn't have to be as good as Pedri or whoever to be extremely highly rated in their own right.

Also this idea that he's done nothing for us in the game time he's had at first team level is just dumb and ignorant, trust me put most academy players in the first team and they would struggle, Chukwuemeke gets more criticism for his perforances at first team level in his first appearances than a new expensive signing would, people would be making all kind of excuses for the new signing like he needs to settle and so on.

It's not a very good sign for our other academy players if fans are going to be criticizing them for not looking like world beaters after a few appearances, have people not learned from Jacob Ramsey.

Would also suggest that it's wrong to suggest that Rodwell, Wilshere, and Barkley have done nothing, most academy players can only dream of having the careers that those players have had.

No one ever has criticised him for not being a world beater

Everyone knows youngsters need game time to develop and are simply not going to be the finished article at 17 or 18 years old.

But, if Chukweumeka was always planning on leaving, which based on this contract saga it looks like this is the case, then there was never any point playing him because we were never going to benefit from his development and quite simply we have better senior players in the squad who could have played instead. This is why his contribution on the pitch has rightly been criticised, because if there’s no development gain for the club he has to be better than Sanson, Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn, Ramsey etc to deserve game time and frankly he hasn’t demonstrated it on the pitch (although Sanson hasn’t done much either)

• Like 2

If that £20m figure is real (probably isn't). It's Villa saying we aren't interested in selling for the £2-5m bids we'll be getting. It's pointless.

May as well keep on at him to get a proper agent and gamble we can get him to sign before January.

25 minutes ago, useless said:

When Grealish was in our academy it was obvious that he was going to be a very good player, the fact that at the time there would have been other teenagers in world football already playing first team football at a high level didn't take away from that, Chukwuemeka or any academy player doesn't have to be as good as Pedri or whoever to be extremely highly rated in their own right.

Also this idea that he's done nothing for us in the game time he's had at first team level is just dumb and ignorant, trust me put most academy players in the first team and they would struggle, Chukwuemeke gets more criticism for his perforances at first team level in his first appearances than a new expensive signing would, people would be making all kind of excuses for the new signing like he needs to settle and so on.

It's not a very good sign for our other academy players if fans are going to be criticizing them for not looking like world beaters after a few appearances, have people not learned from Jacob Ramsey.

Would also suggest that it's wrong to suggest that Rodwell, Wilshere, and Barkley have done nothing, most academy players can only dream of having the careers that those players have had.

I'm sure the majority of young players would love the career of any of those three, but I certainly wouldn't mind if we lost any players with the ability of those three.

23 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Why not? If he does not want to stay and will go on a free at the end of the season why would we give him a place that could be used to develop a youngster of benefit to us.

If he wants to play, get one of these teams that are supposedly clamouring to get him to make a bid, or commit to Villa by signing the contract (at least then we would get some money for him if he did then leave, so some return on any investment in training time and development between now and then)

Apologies, mate. I am in full agreement with you. I probably did not word that properly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Twitter rambles are saying Villa want £20m for Carney 

is that good? I have no idea with this market and for someone so young with so little experience 

We can ask for it, we are not getting it but we can ask

We be lucky to get 6-8 million for him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Vinicius played quite a few games in Brazil I think? The Silva signing seemed risky/dodgy as ****.  

Bellingham I never actually saw play for Birmingham but I heard he used to look head and shoulders better than anyone on the pitch in most games.

I’d be surprised if we got anything like 20m for Chuk when he is free in a year. 

I think he just signed for Anderlecht on loan, I thought his movement was good whenever I saw him but was missing something maybe confidence

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'm sure the majority of young players would love the career of any of those three, but I certainly wouldn't mind if we lost any players with the ability of those three.

I get that players develop at different ages but those 3 players mentioned were a lot better than Carney is at the same age. If Carney was on the level they was at at 18 I’d be gutted we’re losing him. 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think he just signed for Anderlecht on loan, I thought his movement was good whenever I saw him but was missing something maybe confidence

Maybe too much expected of him too soon. The loan should do him well. 

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What? Wilshere was absolutely quality ability-wise. Just an absolute crock. Barkley also fits into that category but with clear attitude problems. Ability wise no question he is a good player though. Sometimes it goes one way, other times the other.

Wilshire was on his way to being one of the best CMs in the league. Injuries absolutely ruined him and he was never the same again. Rodwell also got wrecked by injuries as well, but personally I didn't rate Rodwell as high as I rated Wilshire.

4 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

What? Wilshere was absolutely quality ability-wise. Just an absolute crock. Barkley also fits into that category but with clear attitude problems. Ability wise no question he is a good player though. Sometimes it goes one way, other times the other.

Maybe he wasn't the best example, his is mainly injury related.  A better example would be Ravel Morrison, Fergie said he was the best talent he'd ever seen. 

Just because an academy player is highly rated doesn't mean it's guaranteed they'll fulfil that potential. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Maybe he wasn't the best example, his is mainly injury related.  A better example would be Ravel Morrison, Fergie said he was the best talent he'd ever seen. 

Just because an academy player is highly rated doesn't mean it's guaranteed they'll fulfil that potential. 

I really thought Ravel would go to the top, I actually thought the was more talented than Pogba when they were both at Utd's academy. Such a waste of talent, its a shame really.

Edited by Rustibrooks
Typo

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe too much expected of him too soon. The loan should do him well. 

The jimenez injury **** him, meant he got deep ended rather than allowed to develop at his natural pace, he's played too much too young for them 

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

I really thought Ravel would go to the top, I actually though the was more talented than Pogba when they were both at Utd's academy. Such a waste of talent, its a shame really.

Actually similarities to Chuk in a way, Ravel was also the star of that FA Youth Cup winning team, 

Really like the look of him and would love him to stay….but at the end of the day we want players at the club who want to stay and fight for a place in the team

He is at Aston Villa and that should be enough….if not then he’s better off gone

UTV

• Like 1

I don't like the fact that he thinks hes too good for us. Hes 18 played a handful of  first team games and bossed it at under 17/18/19 level where he is bigger and stronger than other players of that age.  If he doesnt want to be with us then fine go! 

If he isn’t going to sign, try and get as much as possible with him only having a year left, no point in keeping players whoever they are if they don’t want to play for us, I’m glad gerrard has kept him at home

Â