Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, hippo said:

If his contract was due to expire sure. But from memory it has over 12 months to run ?

So you would keep him in the first team squad and continue to play him in games over other players. Then pat him on the back when he leaves the club in 12 months time for a minor fee?

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

and then? 

I don't have an answer to that.

We can't force him to sign a new deal. But excluding him from the first team pre season tour is highly unlikely to make him think he's going to get a run (or indeed any games soon)

• Haha 2

So you would keep him in the first team squad and continue to play him in games over other players. Then pat him on the back when he leaves the club in 12 months time for a minor fee?

As I understand it - he will leaving for a minor fee anyway won't he ? 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

We can't force him to sign a new deal. But excluding him from the first team pre season tour is highly unlikely to make him think he's going to get a run (or indeed any games soon)

Just perhaps, those advising Carney should have thought of this sooner.

Just now, hippo said:

As I understand it - he will leaving for a minor fee anyway won't he ? 

If sold this summer he wouldn't and a sell on clause would be possible for sure. If he went next summer it would be for a minor fee

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

No, you can't answer that.

You're happy to say what shouldn't happen but you can't offer a view of what you would do. That's because you know whatever you said would be ridiculous and expose the stupidity of your position. 

All I've said is I wouldn't exclude a young player with first team aspirations from a pre season tour.

I honestly don't see how that helps anyone.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If sold this summer he wouldn't and a sell on clause would be possible for sure. If he went next summer it would be for a minor fee

Ok - happy to be corrected.

If we get a decent fee now that puts a whole new slant on things.

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

All I've said is I wouldn't exclude a young player with first team aspirations from a pre season tour.

Carney won't sign a new contract thus he wants to leave the club. Now if he wants to leave he needs to find a new club who can bid for him this summer a fee we will accept. If Carney is hoping to leave for essentially nothing next summer there is zero reason for us to continue giving him game time and opportunities over other players to essentially help develop him for another club. He can see out the final year of his contract with the u21s 

So this gives Carney a decision, find a club he wants to move to this summer and get a fee for Villa or lose a season of football by playing with u21s and then getting his move next summer. 

Edited by CVByrne

1 hour ago, Xela said:

If he signed the contract, he'd be in the first team squad and feeding the kangaroos and koalas now. 🐨

But instead he will be at Leamington on Saturday and chilled on Sunday 

• Haha 1

Carney won't sign a new contract thus he wants to leave the club. Now if he wants to leave he needs to find a new club who can bid for him this summer a fee we will accept. If Carney is hoping to leave for essentially nothing next summer there is zero reason for us to continue giving him game time and opportunities to essentially help develop him for another club. He can see out the final year of his contract with the u21s 

So this gives Carney a decision, find a club he wants to move to this summer and get a fee for Villa or lose a season of football by playing with u21s and then getting his move next summer. 

The grim reality, we don’t have any obligation to even give him u21 game time. 

but I don’t think we are even that mean spirited 

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

But instead he will be at Leamington on Saturday and chilled on Sunday 

I will be there to boo him and throw cash notes on the pitch

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think the club have bent over backwards to entice him to sign a new deal. He hasn’t been sent on loan even though he would clearly benefit from one, we’ve given him first team appearances (during which he has looked ordinary) at the expense of other players. I imagine the financial package of the contract offer is generous without being ridiculous. 

He has every right to do the best for him and his career but we have every right to put a time limit on this saga and say enough is enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Carney won't sign a new contract thus he wants to leave the club. Now if he wants to leave he needs to find a new club who can bid for him this summer a fee we will accept. If Carney is hoping to leave for essentially nothing next summer there is zero reason for us to continue giving him game time and opportunities over other players to essentially help develop him for another club. He can see out the final year of his contract with the u21s 

why this needs spelling out to some people i really have no idea

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Carney won't sign a new contract thus he wants to leave the club

CVB's line needs walking back a little. Carney has not signed a contract. And possibly he wants to leave the club. We don't know what advice he is getting and what has been offered.

Plainly he is not married to Villa,  and even then divorces can happen. I wish the guy the best, but not our expense.

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 1

Â