Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Whatever people wanted to say about Jack. He gave many of his best years to the club and went to Man City for a British record fee. A fee which was probably higher than his real value.

Carney engineering a move or planning to walk for free having given nothing to Villa but taken a lot is 1000 times worse. 

Not really comparable when he was 24-48 hours from signing for United the previous year. 

It’s ultimately up to Carney so let’s hope he signs 

I think SG is dealing with this correctly. He has a year to run in his current contract is is stalling on signing a new one. If he wants to go he should go. But you can’t have players around the first team who aren’t committed to being there. 

He will be upset to miss the preseason. Especially if he doesn’t get a move this summer. 

He’s clearly a good player with big potential and I do hope he signs the contract. But if he goes best of luck to him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Not really comparable when he was 24-48 hours from signing for United the previous year. 

It’s ultimately up to Carney so let’s hope he signs 

and Spurs when we were in the Championship

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Disagree. It's not a punishment for an 18 year old on the fringe of the 1st team to not come on a pre-season tour. If we'd left Luiz at home, it would be a punishment.

Whoever is in charge of Carney's negotiations clearly think he's better than he is right now. He isn't a fixture in the team, he is very good for his age. Once we sign a new midfielder, he'll be sixth choice as an 8 - I think that's part of our thinking to be honest.

Maybe it is best if he moves on and realises his potential by playing. If he signs a new deal here, he's still got work to even make appearances off the bench.

What's the endgame, leaving him out of the first team until be signs? That would make sense. Because if it's just this tour, it seems an awful lot like punishment.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Worse than that, wherever he ends up it will be gods plan

"we see your future at Aston Villa" 

"ill wait and see what God has in plan for me"

Not in the context of a transfer but he's posted that on insta before

someone needs to set fire to a bush at BMH 

Just read the bible to find the answer, I couldn’t find it the slavery pages, the genocide pages, the sexism pages…even the talking trees have no answer so I put the book back in the fantasy collection.

I've said it before about him.

I just don't care anymore. Sign, don't sign, whatever.

I found myself getting all caught up with this story, mainly because of my Villa blinkers, but it's obvious he doesn't love the club like the fans do, which is fair, we can't expect that of all of our players. 

Agents all need to get fired into the Sun though.

35 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Exactly. We've show with Grealish and others. If Carney signed a contract extension and he progressed massively in next two seasons and wouldn't extend his contract we would sell him for a fee and we are both happy. He gets a big move at 21 and we get a fee that repays us for the 11 years invested in him. 

The plan to walk for free is pretty a cynical self serving attitude and down to the individual not how younger players in general act across football. 

This is why I find the whole situation bizarre. If he had signed another say three year contract in summer 2021, as appears to have been a possibility, he would likely have increased his salary significantly and the club would have been fully invested in his future and his development. If he still wanted to leave come summer 2023, the club could cash in with a year left on his contract or he could leave for free in summer 2024. He only turns 21 in October 2024. 

Instead, he appears to prefer to blow two years of an improved salary to leave on a free in summer 2023. It now appears that he could spend the final one of those two years on the naughty step, which would be a huge waste for him and could hamper his future prospects. 

I am glad the club has taken this action as we have been sleep walking towards him leaving on a free. The longer he goes and has gone without signing, the less likely he is to sign. Us continuing to involve him this season, without signing a new contract, would have perfectly suited any plan for him to agree a deal with a new club this January. This way, the club are bringing matters to a head. Very interesting to see what happens next. I can’t see him wanting to spend 12 months being frozen out. Will the club involve him again if he doesn’t sign? Seems unlikely. Will he recognise that the best solution may be to sign a new contract and get on with life? He may feel some resentment but it wouldn’t be unprecedented for some muscle from a club working to get their way. 

On a side note, I don’t agree with the similarities around Douglas Luiz being treated differently with one year left on his contract. Whatever people’s opinion on him, Doug has been almost ever present in our first 11 and is an important player for us. It would weaken us to leave him out. Plus we are paying him a big salary. We will either sell him or play him and let him leave on a free. We have to pay his wages so it would be daft to leave him aside. 

Kamara signed for Marseille at the same age Carney is now so we can stop posting his photo.

Carney clearly isn't interested in playing for Villa for whatever reason so he can stay home. Sends a clear message.

This isn't some bomb squad situation with a player who hasn't been offered a contract and role in the team - he has been given both and is dragging his heels.

Not begrudging him either he is free to do what he wants.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Still no evidence he wants to leave. Let’s just wait and see for something official either way. 

If he wanted to stay he'd probably have already signed the contract.

Just now, duke313 said:

If he wanted to stay he'd probably have already signed the contract.

Maybe he wants to stay and see what his first team opportunities are like next season before signing the deal

Kasper Schmeichel did an interview that when at City he was promised to be first choice if signed a deal, he signed the deal and was told the next week Joe Hart would be first choice going forward

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Hard to say cos we still know very very little 

But it is surprising we're showing him the stick rather than the carrot 

Can only assume there's more to it and Gerrard has actually spoken to him and explained this to him (I hope so anyway) 

Yeah maybe he’s indicated he won’t be signing again with Villa to Gerrard.  Maybe we have tried the carrot for the last six months and Gerrard and co may feel that the stick may work better.

Anyway for an 18 year old, reasonably talented player to try and hold so much power, Gerrard and co probably aren’t using it as punishment, they are just bored of it from a kid and moved on with players that want to be here who are actually main parts of the senior squad.  Preseason is about bonding as much as anything else and so focus on that group.  It also may suggest move positive things contract wise re Luiz…maybe, maybe not.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Or…you’re with us or not with us.  Why include somebody whose not first team ready for material time if he’s going to leave.  If he’s going to stay then sign the contract.  It’s not punishment, just focusing on the players that want to be here.  

Luiz is in the same position and he's on the tour. I'm pretty sure he had an offer on the table while Smith was still here.

He also has the luxury of not being a literal teenager and this not being his first big professional contract. Can we conclude that Luiz wants to sign then? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not that simple 

Who knows what we've offered him and how good / bad it is

If it’s not enough then he isn’t going to be staying so it is that simple really because it doesn’t look like we’ll be upping our offer.

He’s only 18 and probably focused on his football, maybe he’s weighing up the contract, or waiting to see what the new season brings. There could be various non-footballing reasons he’s not put pen to paper yet. I think it’s wrong to judge this person so poorly with so little evidence. 

• Like 1

Â