Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Really don’t care, not willing to waste any energy or thought on anyone who isn’t committed to the club. 

Backing SG on this, completely justified.

If he eventually signs (looking/sounding unlikely), we’ll back him obviously. If not, we move on.  

There are plenty of players around and reasons for positivity and excitement. No point dwelling on this.

• Like 3

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

How much can we realistically get for Carney?

I have almost no idea how much he’s worth 

No idea myself, but if he stays past the summer transfer window he can start talking to clubs in January as he'll be in last 6 months of his current deal, then he'll leave for about £300,000 compensation.

I do like the complaints from some fans that he should stay and learn from a generational talent but then when Barcelona are mentioned who had one of the greatest ever midfielders in charge then its the sour grapes that its just money or he will be stuck in the B team 

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Exactly this

The billy big bollocks stuff is coming from fans not from him, he's said absolutely nothing, even Gerrard and the club have said very little, the various articles that there are contain the usual rehashing of other articles and a lot of wishy washy stuff, there's next to nothing of any substance anywhere on this 

I have noticed on here in the last year or so a lot of people are so wound up by any smallest hint of criticism of Villa in the media or another forum or some random Wolves fan on Twitter

I dont know if all fans are the same now but our fans have gotten very sensitive in recent months

Might be a shame but to be honest I’ve yet to see anything when he’s playing against adults that make me that worried to lose him. 

Gary Gardner looked outstanding playing against kids so easy to get carried away by that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Might be a shame but to be honest I’ve yet to see anything when he’s playing against adults that make me that worried to lose him. 

Gary Gardner looked outstanding playing against kids so easy to get carried away by that. 

He also suffered 2 ACL injuries which pretty much ruined his development

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Yet to see evidence that Aaron and Tim are with the squad - Preece the bastion of correct info. 

He is looking for Conor Gallagher out on the pitch 

• Haha 1

He came from Northampton to progress his career and he'll leave to progress his career whether that will happen who knows.

Would I sign a new deal at a club that has dropped an insane amount of money on Emi Coutinho and has played 2 strikers quite often?

No I wouldn't.

I'd go to a club and play. 

Carney might simply need time to make a decision. There’s a lot to understandably read into that decision and statement. It makes sense to keep him away otherwise. The amount of people writing him off or judging his character just strikes me as off when we don’t know anything else. 

what a waste. going to aus with the rest of the team would've been a great opportunity for him but now he's stuck at home with the kids.

100% with SG on this one. carney could end up losing a year of his development if he doesn't end up signing for someone this summer as SG has made it clear he won't be around the first team

• Like 1

I'm gutted to hear this, but I completely understand the Club's stance.

I wish players could just play and not have their careers ruined by parasitic scumbags.
I still hope there's a moment of clarity in Carney's camp and they sign the contract, but we have a season to prepare for with players who are focussed so...

Â