Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

JJ is a proven premier league player. Chuck isnt, yet. 

I still see us as his best path to get there, perhaps a promoted side would take a punt on Chuck as a starter but no way (imho) would any of our mid table peers let alone a top six club give Chuck more game time than us.

Maybe the 5 subs rule will help players like Chuck get more game time? I dunno.

• Like 1

I don't think he's expecting to start games, but I imagine he will want more game time than he's currently getting, and to be honest I think that's fair enough, he's undoubtly one of the best youth players in the country, far too good for U23, and has been the best player on the pitch whenever I've seen him play for England, and has done well in the little game time he's had with the first team, if we don't use him more there will be other clubs that will be willing to, as I said previously, people talk about him thinking he's good enough for this and that club, but I don't think it's about that with Chukwuemeka, he just wants to play football, and as such if he was to leave us I think he'd more likely end up somewhere like Palace or Southampton over some of the clubs he's been linked to.

Need to give him some game time between now and the end of the season, then hopefully sort out a new contract in the summer.

Lot of talk of us linking up with Vitória S.C.again, sounds like it might be something we're genuinely trying to make happen, which could be a big help to us in keeping some of these highly rated youngsters, as we will have somewhere to send them where they will get game time at a decent level good be a good opção for Chukwuemeka and some of the others in the summer.

• Like 2

His current contract doesn't end until October of next year, we'd be in big trouble if we decided to stop using players just because they haven't signed a new contract when they still have more than eighteen months left on their current deal.

Would be a silly way to run the club and is not going to happen, not sure why people keep bringing it up, of course we're not going to exclude a player just because he hasn't signed a new deal, when his current deal still has over eighteen months left.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Thug said:

Don’t care if he doesn’t get on, and quite frankly we should stop wasting minutes on him until he signs a new contract.

Why would he want to sign if he not playing?
Why are we still playing Luiz? who def isn't going to sign 

7 hours ago, messi11 said:

Why would he want to sign if he not playing?
Why are we still playing Luiz? who def isn't going to sign 

Because Gerrard feels he deserves his place on merit.

If Chuck plays on merit, then no problem.  But to give him development minutes when he is not committed to the cause is stupid.  Give them to someone else from the youth team.  Send a message out, you want first team opportunities? Then show commitment.

IF he’s good enough, he will be get minutes. If he’s not good enough, he can go on loan, or be sold - both options that benefit the club.

But if he is considering walking away for free.. then walk away for free, we’ll give someone else an opportunity.  Sends a message out to anyone else thinking of running their contracts down. 

No commitment? No development time. End of story. If they’re good enough to play, then play. Otherwise I’d rather Bailey/ Buendia /Traore get those minutes.

EDIT: Didn’t appreciate he had 18 months on his contract.  I would apply above to anyone with 12 months or less.

Edited by Thug

13 hours ago, useless said:

His current contract doesn't end until October of next year, we'd be in big trouble if we decided to stop using players just because they haven't signed a new contract when they still have more than eighteen months left on their current deal.

Would be a silly way to run the club and is not going to happen, not sure why people keep bringing it up, of course we're not going to exclude a player just because he hasn't signed a new deal, when his current deal still has over eighteen months left.

Oh, my bad. I thought his contract ran out THIS year.

2 hours ago, Thug said:

Because Gerrard feels he deserves his place on merit.

If Chuck plays on merit, then no problem.  But to give him development minutes when he is not committed to the cause is stupid.  Give them to someone else from the youth team.  Send a message out, you want first team opportunities? Then show commitment.

IF he’s good enough, he will be get minutes. If he’s not good enough, he can go on loan, or be sold - both options that benefit the club.

But if he is considering walking away for free.. then walk away for free, we’ll give someone else an opportunity.  Sends a message out to anyone else thinking of running their contracts down. 

No commitment? No development time. End of story. If they’re good enough to play, then play. Otherwise I’d rather Bailey/ Buendia /Traore get those minutes.

EDIT: Didn’t appreciate he had 18 months on his contract.  I would apply above to anyone with 12 months or less.

Gerrard picking the starting line up on merit. You trolling

Laugh Stop GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

@messi11

I said Gerrard FEELS he deserves his place on merit.

Thats not trolling, that’s the likely scenario.

if I had said ‘Gerrard IS picking the team on merit’ THEN I might be trolling.

Edited by Thug

6 hours ago, Thug said:

@messi11

if I had said ‘Gerrard IS picking the team on merit’ THEN I might be trolling.

Fella, look who you're trying to justify something to. 

It's like trying to reason with flat earthers. 

Just enjoy your Sunday. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Thug said:

@messi11

if I had said ‘Gerrard IS picking the team on merit’ THEN I mveright be trolling.

very true thanks for the justification 

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well im sorry but on yesterdaya performnacs jj should be dropped. He was absolutely absymal. May do with a lil rest and give chuck a start in his place.

JJ has needed a rest for weeks, whether Chuk is the right player to come in to the squad isn't clear, but tbh he might as well try things out at this stage. We aren't going down and we aren't getting Europe, good chance to see what some of our younger/squad players are about

• Like 2

If he thinks he can get better somewhere and doesn’t want to stay let him go, you win some you lose some, we did well nicking Gareth Barry off Brighton, Arsenal f***ed up taking someone off us (have no idea of his name because he has done nothing since), let’s see what happens with Louis Barry and carry on

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smg said:

If he thinks he can get better somewhere and doesn’t want to stay let him go, you win some you lose some, we did well nicking Gareth Barry off Brighton, Arsenal f***ed up taking someone off us (have no idea of his name because he has done nothing since), let’s see what happens with Louis Barry and carry on

Dan Crowley, vanished in lower Dutch league teams for a bit, maybe a bit of Eredivisie, turned up at Blues for a season or two then moved to Cheltenham for a season and just moved back to Willem II in the Eredivisie in January.

He was our last best 16 year old in the country

• Like 2

Rumour is he is signing a new deal (I just heard it on the for the love of paul mcgrath pod who may have heard wrong but they are straight up fellas who dont make things up)

Just a rumour but would be welcome news. 31:20 ish

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Rumour is he is signing a new deal (I just heard it on the for the love of paul mcgrath pod who may have heard wrong but they are straight up fellas who dont make things up)

Just a rumour but would be welcome news. 31:20 ish

No, it can't be. Have you not been reading the last 10 pages of this forum or so? He's not committed to the cause. He's Billy big boll***s.

Or he could just be following the example of his manager and is using his agent linking him to other clubs to get the best deal possible for himself.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Â