Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

No he wont

Said a couple of pages back dortmund are a bit of a myth with this developing youth stuff

They've got Bellingham in their team at the moment (and doing really well) and then they have a striker called moukoko who is really highly rated and had a crazy record at youth level but that's about it, they're not bringing kids through, definitley not got youngsters or their bench every week like we have 

For that reason I don't buy in to the link too much, I think it's lazy 

Edit - I had a look, if I say moukoko is a star potential striker, one of the highest potential strikers in Europe... He's played 168 mins in the league this season, started 1 game and made 10 sub appearances 

Reyna, Haaland are still 21 and under

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Reyna, Haaland are still 21 and under

Haaland was bought, Reyna was brought through the ranks by the previous set up not this one

Moukoko is the only youngster they have coming though from their academy this season under this manager 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Haaland was bought, Reyna was brought through the ranks by the previous set up not this one

Moukoko is the only youngster they have coming though from their academy this season under this manager 

Moukoko made his debut last season and played back end of last season 

The manager doesn't really have a say on club policy its sporting director

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Moukoko made his debut last season and played back end of last season 

The manager doesn't really have a say on club policy its sporting director

Point remains moukoko is the only youngster they have coming through this season

The previous set up brought through sancho, Reyna, maybe pulisic too and in general had a really young squad because they bought young players, Haaland and Bellingham for example for sure fire youngsters too

But it doesn't mean that dortmund are bringing through a ton of players and it's the place to be, they're not, he won't get games there if he can't get games here, we have more coming through than they do currently

Sancho is clouding people's judgement of dortmund 

Edited by villa4europe

A number of our youngsters including Philogene-Bidace, Aaron Ramsey, Chuwkuemeka, Archer earlier this week despite only recently signing a new deal, and Dewain Sewell earlier this month have been linked with moves to Germany. It just seems to be the lazy link to make at the moment because Bellingham and Sancho went there.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Point remains moukoko is the only youngster they have coming through this season

The previous set up brought through sancho, Reyna, maybe pulisic too and in general had a really young squad because they bought young players, Haaland and Bellingham for example for sure fire youngsters too

But it doesn't mean that dortmund are bringing through a ton of players and it's the place to be, they're not, he won't get games there if he can't get games here, we have more coming through than they do currently

Sancho is clouding people's judgement of dortmund 

Dortmund also have a high turnover of players moving to bigger cubs when they break through at Dortmund.  So signing Carney in summer, he'd get games eventually if not next season when players are moved on.

16 hours ago, hippo said:

Could be wrong but thought Gerrard said very recently that there was no breakthrough on contract talks.

That could also mean there hasn't been any attempt on contract talks.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

But that’s the model, they buy upcoming youth stars from Europe and the US and sell them again after a few years. They don’t aim to have them all come through their own academy.

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

But that’s the model, they buy upcoming youth stars from Europe and the US and sell them again after a few years. They don’t aim to have them all come through their own academy.

Not really, I don't see Bellingham and Haaland as what chuk is

And when you look at chuk they haven't done it that much, sancho is a blindingly obvious example, Isak maybe, Sergio Gomez who didn't work out, zagadou is still there, they're not flipping that many players and like I said they've changed manager, dembele for example was a long time ago

The 2 kids they bought from psg last summer haven't played for them yet, their other man City kid hasn't played for them yet - that's what I mean, the idea that dortmund will sign him this summer and he'll be a starter there next year because that's what dortmund do - it's nonsense

Maybe there's also a misunderstanding as to how good Bellingham is, he's not a kid that they're giving a chance to, he's brilliant for them and would get in just about any team in the world

We have more teenagers in our squad then they do, he will get more football here than there 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not really, I don't see Bellingham and Haaland as what chuk is

And when you look at chuk they haven't done it that much, sancho is a blindingly obvious example, Isak maybe, Sergio Gomez who didn't work out, zagadou is still there, they're not flipping that many players and like I said they've changed manager, dembele for example was a long time ago

The 2 kids they bought from psg last summer haven't played for them yet, their other man City kid hasn't played for them yet - that's what I mean, the idea that dortmund will sign him this summer and he'll be a starter there next year because that's what dortmund do - it's nonsense

Maybe there's also a misunderstanding as to how good Bellingham is, he's not a kid that they're giving a chance to, he's brilliant for them and would get in just about any team in the world

We have more teenagers in our squad then they do, he will get more football here than there 

I have no idea if they think Carney is good enough to sign at all. But if they do, their ambition will be to get him playing relatively soon rather than slowly develop him out of sight for years.

One of the main reasons players go there is the implicit promise of high-profile game time, and that’s also how they’re able to attract many players.

7 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

But if they do, their ambition will be to get him playing relatively soon rather than slowly develop him out of sight for years.

But what is that based on?! What favre did there? He's no longer there

Based on Bellingham and Haaland? There special cases, they are world class teenagers that would get games at any club in the world

So all you can base it on is moukoko because he is the only one that they are bringing through, all the other players that they have either bought or have lined up are developing out on loan or in the background, Marco Rose is not rotating youngsters in to his squad every week, he went full strength in the pokal too - I might be wrong here but I don't think he's a debut to a single teenager

2 hours ago, useless said:

A number of our youngsters including Philogene-Bidace, Aaron Ramsey, Chuwkuemeka, Archer earlier this week despite only recently signing a new deal, and Dewain Sewell earlier this month have been linked with moves to Germany. It just seems to be the lazy link to make at the moment because Bellingham and Sancho went there.

The thing is if they scout one they might notice another and be interested in them as well. Bidace, Chuk, Ramsey and Iroegbunam could all be interesting even to Dortmund. 

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

Money talks but he'll definitely have on eye on Sancho and Bellingham's development. Whether he'll replicate their experience is not certain however.

Sancho was given guarantee's on playing time in his contract with Dortmund. I'm sure that's what Carney is after

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But what is that based on?! What favre did there? He's no longer there

Based on Bellingham and Haaland? There special cases, they are world class teenagers that would get games at any club in the world

So all you can base it on is moukoko because he is the only one that they are bringing through, all the other players that they have either bought or have lined up are developing out on loan or in the background, Marco Rose is not rotating youngsters in to his squad every week, he went full strength in the pokal too - I might be wrong here but I don't think he's a debut to a single teenager

Based on what’s happened in the past, but also what people from the club (sporting directors etc) have said in interviews about Dortmund’s model. Plenty written about it.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11899/12024035/jadon-sancho-to-erling-haaland-how-borussia-dortmund-land-the-worlds-best-youngsters

https://www.ft.com/content/da604a8c-fb13-11e7-a492-2c9be7f3120a

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/borussia-dortmund-selling-club-wonderkid-factory-finishing-school-257237

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/why-best-young-soccer-players-choose-borussia-dortmund-sancho-haaland-pulisic-11948

7 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

All of those articles are from when farve was the manager and zorc was the sporting director 

And the one article lists the "wonderkid factory" and says auba, gundogan, kagawa, dembele, that's 5 years ago! And chuk is not where they were in his career 

Just look at them this season, all this smoke up their ass from the UK media its not there anymore, they have 2 world class youngsters who could play for anyone in the world and the media think they give all this talent a chance and bleed in youngsters... They've not under Marco Rose it's that simple 

The notion that he should go to Dortmund because he will get more of a chance isn't true

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

All of those articles are from when farve was the manager and zorc was the sporting director 

And the one article lists the "wonderkid factory" and says auba, gundogan, kagawa, dembele, that's 5 years ago! And chuk is not where they were in his career 

Just look at them this season, all this smoke up their ass from the UK media its not there anymore, they have 2 world class youngsters who could play for anyone in the world and the media think they give all this talent a chance and bleed in youngsters... They've not under Marco Rose it's that simple 

The notion that he should go to Dortmund because he will get more of a chance isn't true

What is it you don’t agree with, are you saying Dortmund changed their business model? Below some more recent articles for your perusal.

I don’t know if they’ll sign Carney, possibly not. And I’m absolutely not saying he should go. Are you suggesting they will sign him, refuse to give him game time but still keep him around for years?

Facts: Dortmund have become famous for playing youngsters. The club is using this fame to attract players. Some players don’t fit in quickly enough and become disappointed.

https://www.squawka.com/en/hit-or-miss-dortmund-replace-transfer-sales/

https://theathletic.com/3167608/2022/03/08/attracting-young-stars-is-part-of-the-bundesligas-identity-but-it-can-have-adverse-effects/

“It’s part of our DNA,” says Borussia Dortmund managing director Carsten Cramer. “We won’t be able to sign the big stars, but we will educate them. Everyone knows that it’s the only alternative to be competitive. We don’t have much money, we are not owned by an investor or a government like some Premier League clubs. So we have to be creative.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/dec/02/working-class-hero-jude-bellingham-gets-real-love-from-dortmund

Â