Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Vaguely but funny you should mention that as we were just arguing here about something that nearly happened in '95. BL signed Savo, Draper and twatgate but his 1st choices were Danny Blind, Les Ferdinand but we can't remember the midfielder or was Draper his 1st choice anyway??? Anyone know?

I was immidiately thinking a Shef. Wed. midfielder, but I might be imagineing things. Pembridge? 

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I was immidiately thinking a Shef. Wed. midfielder, but I might be imagineing things. Pembridge? 

My thoughts are that it was Blind Twatgate in midfield and big Les up front, couldn't get Les and Blind so he fancied twatgate for Blinds spot, drapes for midfield and someone showed Doug Savo's videos and the rest is history, one of the lads on here must be able to ask Brian, its bugging the life out of us lot.

Edited by Phil Silvers

Benrahma £20M offer accepted to Crystal Palace.. hold on a minute i thought he was going for more than that figure and if so why have we not gone for him!!!... perfect chemistry and reunited with Watkins which could continue if we bought him so i don’t understand why we are not pursuing it. I couldn’t careless if he just bought a new home in london you can get one in the midlands no excuses ... get him and Rashica in and play them on either side... sit back and get the popcorn out 🍿

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thought Bremen already "accepted" our offer so what are we talking about?

Were they insulted that we never tested their resolve, and prepared before we launched it?

I think it’s just a case of agreeing personal terms with the player now & maybe bonus payments after so many appearances, caps etc.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Fair play to you from a fellow Villan, however, I think you're being a tad negative considering where we were not so long ago, we are one a long journey that will happen in stages, be patient buddy, UTV

I think im stuck on the fact we are still the fifth biggest club in the history of english football and i still apply that mindset even with the fact we have been down for a few years... i just feel we could perhaps be striving for better acquisitions, nonetheless I appreciate the money being spent and our place in the Premier League... lets kick on UTV to you aswell pal 👍🏽

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I think im stuck on the fact we are still the fifth biggest club in the history of english football and i still apply that mindset even with the fact we have been down for a few years... i just feel we could perhaps be striving for better acquisitions, nonetheless I appreciate the money being spent and our place in the Premier League... lets kick on UTV to you aswell pal 👍🏽

Pretty much the same for me, being an old bugger and from an even older Villa family, I've heard stories and seen other clubs over take us, none more frustrating then last 15 years seeing Chelsea and Man city buy their way past us, the big 6 to me is ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Everton, Spurs and now these new money to55ers gate crashing in there really grates on me, but honestly I wish it had been us and now we have given them such a head start that we will need a lot of luck and hard work to get close to the w--kers.

So stay patient, respect others views, have a beer and believe, Deano looked lost and naive tactically at times last year but it was a learning curve for him as well as the players. I have a good feeling about him though and I'm hoping and praying that he will turn out to be our Alex Ferguson.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 3