Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

star wars GIF

I do understand you, the wait is crazy for one signing.

Even sheff utd have managed a signing havent they, someone for 18 million, forgot who the sheff utd fan said to me, wasnt that important that's why I didnt take the name in lol.

Oh yeah Aaron Ramsdale for 18 million, is he worth it most likely not but at least they signed someone.

Yep.  The hardship that we have to endure from wanting the signing now but also wanting the right signing at the right price.  It's not much we ask of the Villa management and board is it? 🤣 

The only middle step could be signing Jack to an improved long term contract, that would be awesome and could tide me over for another week-ish 😉 

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Deano directly quoted as saying the transfer wheels are moving, by the brum mail and other such tat.

late look GIF

Deano.. 

Edited by Dave-R

16 hours ago, rayk said:

Other than the fact he was a completely fecking selfish b*stard who would have easily been closed down by Prem defenders who knew he wouldn’t pass....ever?

No not at all, think it was more likely that if we didnt have him then we would have got relegated

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yep.  The hardship that we have to endure from wanting the signing now but also wanting the right signing at the right price.  It's not much we ask of the Villa management and board is it? 🤣 

The only middle step could be signing Jack to an improved long term contract, that would be awesome and could tide me over for another week-ish 😉 

Because Jack is still under contract, Jack himself may feel he wants to wait abit before signing, like see how we go next season coming on with progress. It's all down to Villa as a club to get the right people in place to make Grealish think its worth staying put and that's what were trying to do, make those excellent signings now.

Takes time doesnt it, all the pieces moving right to snag someone up because alot comes into play.

I have a feeling we wont see anyone till final two weeks and then we will start getting a flood of players joining, it's annoying but as long as they join then it's all good.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

We’ve signed Ruben Shakpoke from Norwich, 16 year old striker who scored 11 goals in one game against Watford. Seem to be poaching a lot of highly rated youth players atm.

Hopefully he’ll come good but he doesn’t rate up there with Louie Barry, Ben Chrisene or Sil Swinkels imo.

But yes, the recruiting for the academy does seem much more proactive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Because Jack is still under contract, Jack himself may feel he wants to wait abit before signing, like see how we go next season coming on with progress. It's all down to Villa as a club to get the right people in place to make Grealish think its worth staying put and that's what were trying to do, make those excellent signings now.

Takes time doesnt it, all the pieces moving right to snag someone up because alot comes into play.

I have a feeling we wont see anyone till final two weeks and then we will start getting a flood of players joining, it's annoying but as long as they join then it's all good.

Yeah I know......just Monday morning/afternoon depression.  It all works out eventually because as you say it's about all the right pieces moving into place....not the football manager game we all sometimes think.  At least it's not long until the season starts again and we can focus back on that again....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Kodj was fine before his injuries, would've probably done alright in the premier league at that point.

Kodjia was absolutely useless both last season and our promotion season. Stood around way to much and hardly made the most of his ability. We need some luck with a striker because between all of them from, Kodjia, Samatta, Wesley, Davis, all of them have struggled massively to play decent games. Fair play to Wesley he got injured, he put some in the net and hes the only one who I think could offer us hope if we dont sign a striker this window, other than Wesley I would just get Vasilev in there if it came down to it that we had no striker signed.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Hopefully he’ll come good but he doesn’t rate up there with Louie Barry, Ben Chrisene or Sil Swinkels imo.

But yes, the recruiting for the academy does seem much more proactive.

Loving the improvement of our youth constantly.  Bit worried that our 16 year olds could give our first team a good game though

hahah I'm only joking......

16 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Deano directly quoted as saying the transfer wheels are moving, by the brum mail and other such tat.

It’s a little bit of a meaningless quote though isn’t it? It’s the transfer window and whether we bring in Messi or a kid in the Academy the transfer wheels will be moving.

I’m not particularly worried, but last summer we appeared to end up with a few 2nd/3rd choices and it showed. Hopefully, we can get 1 or 2 first choices this window.

Just now, rayk said:

It’s a little bit of a meaningless quote though isn’t it? It’s the transfer window and whether we bring in Messi or a kid in the Academy the transfer wheels will be moving.

I’m not particularly worried, but last summer we appeared to end up with a few 2nd/3rd choices and it showed. Hopefully, we can get 1 or 2 first choices this window.

Would have been funny if he said “transfers are on my to do list when I get 5 minutes, nothing happened yet”.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

We’ve signed Ruben Shakpoke from Norwich, 16 year old striker who scored 11 goals in one game against Watford. Seem to be poaching a lot of highly rated youth players atm.

Has it actually been confirmed?

49 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nothing certain about that. In fact it's likely they will. 

And no Ligue one is an absolutely shite league. But lets not start that again. 

Fair enough if you think they are similar players and that Ollie Watkins would be brought in to play RW despite both him and Smith stating that they see him as a CF.

28 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Apparently we're considering being interested in preparing to be poised to launch bids for several targets. That's what I took from what Dean said anyway. 

Sorry, I have an interview at the Birmingham Mail in an hour.

17 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Kodjia was absolutely useless both last season and our promotion season. Stood around way to much and hardly made the most of his ability. We need some luck with a striker because between all of them from, Kodjia, Samatta, Wesley, Davis, all of them have struggled massively to play decent games. Fair play to Wesley he got injured, he put some in the net and hes the only one who I think could offer us hope if we dont sign a striker this window, other than Wesley I would just get Vasilev in there if it came down to it that we had no striker signed.

To be fair to him, Kodjia did score the winner at home to Millwall, and the equaliser away at Rotherham. He played a part in getting us to the play offs. 

I completely agree that he wasn't good enough for the Premier League, but he was far from useless in the 2018/19 season and before.