Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12393656

Wow, what did that evil woman say to him? It's like she's laughing at his pain.

Also,  no sign there's anyone coming in means .... absolutely nothing.  There was no sign of most of our signings last year,  I expect the same this year. No need to cry until a week before the season starts and we have no signings. 

On 23/08/2020 at 08:47, MaVilla said:

Reports saying everton have put a 140m proce tag on Richarlison, grealish must be worth 160m then??? :P

Just a thought, if we don't sign anyone today or tomorrow, I don't think its a shoe in that we will be relegated. 

I'd go with Min 5 as well;

If we're going to keep playing the same system...

Absolute must - 3 new forwards, 1 Left, 1 Right, 1 Centre. Also, a full back that can play either side.

Very useful - Another good centre mid to compete with McGinn and Luiz, and a back up for Grealish in that attacking midfield role

Cherry on top - A goalkeeper and another fullback.

No one at the club, management or owners are satisfied with last years seventeenth place finish and don't want a season of struggle next season, so wheels are already in motion.

Just now, useless said:

No one at the club, management or owners are satisfied with last years seventeenth place finish and don't want a season of struggle next season, so wheels are already in motion.

I think it’s good that we aren’t resting on our laurels

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

True but we looked like a mid table team post lockdown

I think our midfield is really good. Jack is superb on the left. Samatta and Wesley are both crap, hoping for a big season for Keinan. Trezeguet on the right is a bit like Weimann, works like a horse and will ship in with a goal every now and then but limited player.

Our defence is ok. Targett still terrifies me defensively but he is good going forward. Heaton on his way back.

I don't think it's as bad as people are suggesting if we make no signings.

It’s the hope that kills you

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Wow, what did that evil woman say to him? It's like she's laughing at his pain.

Also,  no sign there's anyone coming in means .... absolutely nothing.  There was no sign of most of our signings last year,  I expect the same this year. No need to cry until a week before the season starts and we have no signings. 

It's the poster that prompted my .gif reaction that you want to be telling that to pal.

19 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Florian Thauvin was only 22 when he was at Newcastle, playing in a poor side and only made 13 appearances. His record since going back to Marseille is much better, 55 goals in 121 appearances. I haven’t watched him play recently but on the face of it, he could be a smart signing for our front three.

AE143EDA-A3F7-4F81-878A-C5D02748AF9A.jpeg

If he moves to us, I will begin a happy boy! That what want see a player this good with a lethal left foot that why I keep moaning about this since Snodgrass left and before this Downing left we didn't get good left foot winger for many years.

Only downhill of this was defensive contribution it is important to help out right back, it is should part our system full protection our goal from all way up to down. 

I am sure he will better player than he played for Newcastle as experience will make him a better and strong mental player.

Anyone or more link to new another left foot winger we link to move to Aston Villa?

• Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's the poster that prompted my .gif reaction that you want to be telling that to pal.

Ah Yes, I was intending to, should have added their quote before my second comment. No offence intended. 

25 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'd think twice about Thauvin. Iirc he didn't look like much during his first PL spell. Some players just can't hack the league, and Ligue one is relatively poor compared to it.

Think I'd prefer Watkins to him. 

Fundamentally different players who will not compete for the same positions. I've watched him enough times to say he is a very good player, and yes I've also watched him live for Marseille a few years back. Cracking stadium the Velodrome is after the renovations.

And again Ligue 1 is a better league than the Championship.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Hence the Craig Shakespeare appointment - next manager in waiting.

Shakespeare was brought in by Smith, they've known each other since Smith was a youth footballer. Shakespeare hasn't been brought in to be the next Villa manager, makes no sense whatsoever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Fundamentally different players who will not compete for the same positions. I've watched him enough times to say he is a very good player, and yes I've also watched him live for Marseille a few years back. Cracking stadium the Velodrome is after the renovations.

And again Ligue 1 is a better league than the Championship.

I also think it's crazy to write off a player who was very young when he joined Newcastle and only played 13 times. Plus it's well known a lot of players don't like the fish bowl of attention players get in that city, so it could have made it more difficult for him to settle as well.

• Like 2

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think that hippo?

I think they want a plan ready to go should results go awry next season. Without the lockdown I think DS would have gone - as he would of if we were relegated. There were strong rumours he would have gone after the chelsea game had it not been postponed - straight after the season end we were linked with another head coach. Its only my opinion but I think the odds of smith not lasting the whole of next season are quite high.

• Like 1

Just now, RichiBoi11 said:

I also think it's crazy to write off a player who was very young when he joined Newcastle and only played 13 times. Plus it's well known a lot of players don't like the fish bowl of attention players get in that city, so it could have made it more difficult for him to settle as well.

13 games under Schteve McClaren.

• Like 1