Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

9 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Breaking...Hairyhands and Mysteryman have raided JulieB's basement and freed dale stephens....thats about as much fantasy i can take for one night...

Did JulieB ever get the horrific abduction and murder of Kiyotake pinned on her, or have they still not found his body ?

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Sisto was pretty good up to start of 2019. Badly lost his way in last 18 months and hardly did anything last season at Celta for reasons stated above. 2 goals in La Liga last season (got 6 in 17/18).

Not sure he'd be much of an upgrade on El Ghazi.

Looking more and more likely we're getting pretty desperate for Rashica to say yes.

Sisto was unstoppable when FC Midtjylland beat United 2-1 in 2016, that's part of the reason he moved on to a bigger league. He started well in La Liga, and on his best days he really is a top class winger, but the overall performance in Spain has not been good - I completely agree to that.

If we managed to get him up in gear again, he has the ability to be the deciding factor in matches. I just don't see it happening, he has been battling with his mental health, and at the same time it would be a big step up for him to handle the physical side of the Premier League.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yorke81 said:

Sisto was unstoppable when FC Midtjylland beat United 2-1 in 2016, that's part of the reason he moved on to a bigger league. He started well in La Liga, and on his best days he really is a top class winger, but the overall performance in Spain has not been good - I completely agree to that.

If we managed to get him up in gear again, he has the ability to be the deciding factor in matches. I just don't see it happening, he has been battling with his mental health, and at the same time it would be a big step up for him to handle the physical side of the Premier League.

Good post. Yesterday there was a similar comment about his mental health but that it might be related to racism he has experienced whilst living/playing in Spain. Now I’m not saying racism does exist here/in the Prem but I don’t think it’d be at a level that impacts his mental health.

As for him handling the physical side of the Premier League from what I’ve seen of him I really don’t think it’d be a problem.

He’d be a bit of a wildcard if he came, fee would mean low expectations and could end up being a great bit of business at £4m.

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

Good post. Yesterday there was a similar comment about his mental health but that it might be related to racism he has experienced whilst living/playing in Spain. Now I’m not saying racism does exist here/in the Prem but I don’t think it’d be at a level that impacts his mental health.

As for him handling the physical side of the Premier League from what I’ve seen of him I really don’t think it’d be a problem.

He’d be a bit of a wildcard if he came, fee would mean low expectations and could end up being a great bit of business at £4m.

The racism part was mostly from when he was growing up in Denmark. Him not enjoying life in Spain was not down to racism as far as I've read.

Danish Pione Sisto's road to La Liga has not only been joyful.

Now he talks openly about his depression - and about the racism he was exposed to as a young man. 

- Parents of my teammates could shout "play the ball!" and some ugly word about my skin color, he says to Politiken .

Pione Sisto, 25, was only 17 years old when he took a place in FC Midtjylland's senior squad and was seen as one of Denmark's great talents during the years in the Danish Superliga.

Today he plays everyday in Celta Vigo in La Liga, but the road to world football has been anything but straight.

In an interview with the newspaper Politiken , he tells about when he tried to establish himself as a young academy player in Central Jutland. Even then, Sisto was a talented dribbler - but that quality was turned against him.

- I have always dribbled a lot. I know that. But at the academy in Ikast, I could sometimes hear parents of my teammates shouting "play the ball!" and some ugly word about my skin color, which I do not want to reproduce. Just because I do not look like most Danish boys. It could strike me that parents shouted like that to a teenager who was a teammate with their own sons, he says to Politiken.

"It's a waste of time"

Sisto goes on to say that even later in his career he has been greatly influenced by what others say and think about him. 

It has been most difficult to deal with the thousands of comments that have been sent to him on social media, which he was completely engrossed in for a long time.

- I learned an important lesson from trying to get people to change their opinion of me. It's a waste of time. I wanted to make people understand my world via Instagram. I tried to explain myself. If people misunderstood me, I wrote to them privately. I put too much effort into it, and I was simply drained. I spent more time with those who did not understand me than those who did, he says in the interview.

"Have struggled to be happy"

In addition, Sisto opens up about the depression he ended up in during the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. 

- I have all the money I want. I have a big car, a big house and I am famous in the eyes of others. But I have struggled to be happy for the last two years, I was not in 2018. I could feel that my body was about to collapse, he says.

Sisto has played with several Swedes over the years. In Celta Vigo he was a teammate with John Guidetti and in Midtjylland with Johan Dahlin, Petter Andersson and Kristoffer Olsson, among others.

https://www.expressen.se/kvallsposten/sport/fotboll/utsattes-for-rasism-av-medspelares-foraldrar/

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, sne said:

The racism part was mostly from when he was growing up in Denmark. Him not enjoying life in Spain was not down to racism as far as I've read.

https://www.expressen.se/kvallsposten/sport/fotboll/utsattes-for-rasism-av-medspelares-foraldrar/

Thanks and an interesting article. Either way Lange would be able to get the complete backstory.

It sounds a little bit like he needs to move to another club and have a manager put his arm round him and give him some confidence to go out and play - and that’s not meant to belittle MH.

Besides he talks about those MH issues in the past tense so let’s hope he’s managed to overcome them.

15 minutes ago, sne said:

With the way our fans are, if he lets social media bother him, he really shouldn't come here. We've got some vicious, unforgiving SoBs 'supporting' us.

18 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Dalot anyone? Apparently he is up for sale. They got him for £19m so would probably want close to that (15m?). Still only 21.. probably most likely have better options but still I wouldn’t be against it. 

Definitely. Problem is I can't see United selling to us at the moment if we won't sell them Grealish. Maybe one for the very end of the window once United need to shift some players.

20 minutes ago, lexicon said:

With the way our fans are, if he lets social media bother him, he really shouldn't come here. We've got some vicious, unforgiving SoBs 'supporting' us.

Yeah, especially after he ‘rejected’ us last summer.  Maybe we just don’t give him a phone lol

Besides it feels like a bit of a moot point....it seems he’s going to sign for himself old club Midtjylland this summer.

43 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Dalot anyone? Apparently he is up for sale. They got him for £19m so would probably want close to that (15m?). Still only 21.. probably most likely have better options but still I wouldn’t be against it. 

Good player for sure although - as you say re better options - Everton seem to be interested so I imagine he’d be more likely to go there than to us at the moment.

Edited by rayk

1 minute ago, rayk said:

Yeah, especially after he ‘rejected’ us last summer.  Maybe we just don’t give him a phone lol

Besides it feels like a bit of a moot point....it seems he’s going to sign for himself old club Midtjylland this summer.

Celta want rid to the point they are almost giving him away for free (€4m) because they are fed up with him after missing trainings and breaking rules. There is a player in there but no idea if he's mentally up for it. 

The Spanish teams have resumed their training. But Celta Vigo's Danish star Pione Sisto has not returned to Spain. He broke the quarantine rules and drove home to Denmark without permission. He is now reported to be penalized, with the highest fine in the club's history: Over  60,000 euros

When Spanish football was paused just over two months ago, Celta Vigo players were ordered to stay in Spain. However, those words ignored the Danish midfielder Pione Sisto, but got in the car and drove all the way home to Denmark.

It has not fallen into good ground with his employer who, according to Spanish radio station Radio Galega, has punished him with the highest fine in the club's history: 60,000 euros.

- Pione Sisto has a problem, but it's a problem we can't talk about, says club president Carlos Mourino, to Radio Galega.

https://www.tellerreport.com/sports/2020-05-17-information--celta-vigos-pione-sisto-fines-over-640-000---for-violating-quarantine-rules.SyHk_BjAqU.html

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Celta want rid to the point they are almost giving him away for free (€4m) because they are fed up with him after missing trainings and breaking rules. There is a player in there but no idea if he's mentally up for it. 

https://www.tellerreport.com/sports/2020-05-17-information--celta-vigos-pione-sisto-fines-over-640-000---for-violating-quarantine-rules.SyHk_BjAqU.html

Yes, fair point......a bullet dodged last summer then. It’s probably the dearth of transfers that is making my mind wander as there is definitely a player there.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 1

Just now, rayk said:

Yes, fair point......a bullet to be dodged. It’s probably the dearth of transfers that is making my mind wander as there is definitely a player there.

I wouldn't be against a swap deal with him coming here and Jota going the other way. But I think we would like to restart his career back home in Denmark before going abroad again.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

No thanks.

I've heard before that there's a footballer in there somewhere 

Ross-McCormack-bad-to-worse.jpg?fit=2076

Let someone else take that gamble. 

12 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Commenting on potential, or lack thereof, without having seen someone play?  So you base your opinion 9n what, that he hasn't got as much potential?

Having been a goalkeeper, and goalkeeping coach in the past, and having seen Sarkic for our u23 and during his loan spells, i can safely say the lad has significant potential.

You say Cahill was proven at )L level, but the villa coaching staff at the time felt he wasn't ready for a team competing in the top half, so you think your judgement of his readiness is superior to the villa coaching staff at the time?  In hindsight perhaps, but hindsight is 20-20.

Fact is, Cahill struggled for large parts of his villa career, and was let ho because he wasn't good enough to be on our bench most of the time.

Sarkic probably isn't quite ready for the PL yet, but as goalies go, hes still an infant.  I'd still say he is at least 9n par, ability wise, with Steer and Nyland, and only game time will see him progress.  I'd have much rather we played Sarkic than Reina, think it would have done him the world of good, but any chance of that went when he refused to sign a new contract after being recalled, and then effectively replaced by Reina.

Can't recall Reina making any saves that Sarkic wouldn't have made, and its not as though Reina made no mistakes.  Whilst I am sure he had a massive impact in the dressing room, his performances on the pitch were bang average at best, and I believe blooding a good prospect would have served us better in the long run.

Don't fool yourself into thinking the staff at Villa didn't rate him, because he left.  There were attempts by the club to sign him on an extended contract into may/june, but the player felt badly treated and refused, and I back him in that.  Should never have been recalled.l, and had he not been, i'd wager he'd still be a villa player today.

The situation was handled poorly by the club, we've lost a talent, and i hope its not on a level with Cahill in 4/5 years.

I've not commented on his potential and certainly not claimed a lack of potential.

The point I responded to was the claim that Sarkic has more potential than Cahill had at the point he left. Given that Cahill had played 28 PL games at the point he left. You claim he struggled for large parts of his Villa career but I'm not in agreement with that at all and I'm not sure many would be. I also don't agree he wasn't good enough to be on our bench most the time. I think he was good enough, as he went on to prove. The only issue was O'Neill liked established players more than young players and signed Knight.

All the stuff about Reina, Nyland etc is both irrelevant to the point I made and totally off topic so I'm not going to reply on that.

I'm aware the club rated him, that they tried to keep him but the damage was done, I've said similar myself already.

I just don't think it is right to say someone who hasn't made a PL appearance has more potential than someone who had made 28 appearances and was signed for £5m at a time that was a fairly big fee. 

Anyway, back on topic..