Relegation thread

Knutserov13

10 hours ago, useless said:

Southampton are ultra motivated for Bournemouth tomorrow, I'm not sure what exactly, but looking on a Southampton forum it seems something went down after the game at St Mary's which has riled the Southampton players and they want revenge, Hasenhüttl hinted at it at his press conference today as well.

Have to remember that Bournemouth only beat Leicester because Leicester had a man sent off, realistically Leicester should have been three or four nil up by half time.

There’s a long history of rivalry between the two, I believe. 4-0 Southampton victory and a couple of Bournemouth sendings off just for good measure. Hopefully......

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah, f*ck optimism.

Let's just pray for relegation instead!

Just being a realist and not setting myself up for disappointment. Anything else is a bonus.

We are seriously misjudging Arsenal, that’s all. 

59 minutes ago, Jareth said:

How can you be nervous at the same time as having written off Villa and suggest relegation was certain? It's almost as though you contradict yourself. 

Villa are shit. The players have no bottle. The manage has not bottle or tactical nous. We were relegated weeks ago. The seasons over.

God I’m so nervous about Tuesday nigh! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Villa are shit. The players have no bottle. The manage has not bottle or tactical nous. We were relegated weeks ago. The seasons over.

God I’m so nervous about Tuesday nigh! 

Hey no fair, I’ve just been called an ‘arse’ for saying something not nearly as bad as this. 

(FTR I couldn’t agree more with you)

7 minutes ago, MCU said:

Hey no fair, I’ve just been called an ‘arse’ for saying something not nearly as bad as this. 

(FTR I couldn’t agree more with you)

Wasn't there a bit of irony in what he said?

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get the negativity for obvious reasons.

However I don't understand the purpose of posts like this.

Why would we bother supporting the club if we never have any hope for anything?

If England were playing in a world cup semi and the other team were much better, I'm pretty sure MCU would still have a little hope and be looking for reasons to be optimistic (presuming he's English).

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddytheVillan said:

.... Come on the Saints! ....

As sick as it makes me feel, I'll be cheering on Scumpton, a win is essential. Things are complicated down these parts, the wifes family are all Pompey - trust me to marry a Pompey bird!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bielesibub said:

As sick as it makes me feel, I'll be cheering on Scumpton, a win is essential. Things are complicated down these parts, the wifes family are all Pompey - trust me to marry a Pompey bird!

Do Southampton see Bournemouth or Pompey as bigger rivals? Like in our terms are they playing the Blues or Wolves today? Wondering how up for it they'll be! 

28 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I saw the Arsenal pre match thread yesterday for the City game and there were plenty of posts like that. If you're not hoping your team can win what even is the point of this football stuff?

That's why we need a better manager so we can have hope again

Just now, PaddytheVillan said:

Do Southampton see Bournemouth or Pompey as bigger rivals? Like in our terms are they playing the Blues or Wolves today? Wondering how up for it they'll be! 

Portsmouth definitely the bigger rivals. It would be like us playing wolves.

Just now, villalad21 said:

That's why we need a better manager so we can have hope again

Dean has given us basically the only hope we've had since MON. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Dean has given us basically the only hope we've had since MON. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

Not to me. Not against the big teams.

Even under McLeish and Lambert i always had hope against them because they always gave us a few big scalps.

Will never forget the Weimann winner over Citeh. Brilliant moment.

This season there's been none.

I'm sure if Bournemouth win, draw or even lose but play well... The usual suspects will be out in force using it as a stick to beat Smith with.

The usual ridiculous meltdown will happen from those who say we have no hope and are definitely going down and then still moan when it becomes more likely.

• Haha 1

The chances of us beating Arsenal are very slim, but stranger things have happened. 

For anyone still clinging onto hope, one positive is that David Luiz is often a car crash waiting to happen, so I hope we play Davis and have him hassling him all game.

• Like 1