Relegation thread

Knutserov13

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If we signed him this board would be complaining about signing an aging crock. Hindsight, 20/20 etc.

He ain’t no Maupay I would imagine being spouted

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

they only got back into the game because Leicester lost their composure big time.

Not saying they won't in this game, but the Leicester victory was more to do with their collapse than Bournemouth being great.

The sending off changed it

• Like 1

It could very well be the case that Tuesday is about making sure Arsenal don’t score 3 or 4. 

I said it midweek, a draw could be an unbelievable result if saints hold out against Bournemouth. It puts them out of the equation on the last day. 

10 minutes ago, Enda said:

Very shrewd move by Villa to not sign Ings last summer. Very shrewd to know we didn’t have to splash £20m for him to keep us up.

He was already on loan at Southampton, was born in Winchester so obviously has family and could be his boyhood team. I imagine they had option to buy and while he had injuries his ratio was 7 goals in 23 games so not too bad.

As much as I give stick for how the club did business last summer I'd give them a pass on Ings. In normal times we'd have just got Tammy in full time for 25m.

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The sending off changed it

Kasper Schmeichel taking that stupid short goal kick changed it all, I take it Southampton aren't risking it?

Still Bournemouth 9/2 to win now so decent insurance price.

A two goal defeat and we go above them I think.

Edited by VillaChris

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Watford once again doing what needs to be done.

I get what you are trying to say, but given this circumstances this is absolute bollox and nullifies the valid views you have 

It's a bizarre decision but not surprising from Watford.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It could very well be the case that Tuesday is about making sure Arsenal don’t score 3 or 4. 

I said it midweek, a draw could be an unbelievable result if saints hold out against Bournemouth. It puts them out of the equation on the last day. 

We ain't finishing above Watford if we lose by even two goals v Arsenal imo, would leave too much to do on final day e.g. not just beat West Ham but have to win it by 2 or 3.

If we lose by one goal to Arsenal then that takes it to -28. One goal win v West Ham takes it back to -27 so we then need Watford to lose by two goal margins to Man. City and Arsenal.

All that without taking into account Bournemouth could just go and win at Everton which is very possible considering we nearly did it.

Can't see us staying up without getting a draw at least v Arsenal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get what you are trying to say, but given this circumstances this is absolute bollox and nullifies the valid views you have 

We don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

If this gives them a lift and a bounce it will end up being a brilliant decision.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Doesn't does it? They could beat Everton and stay up on GD. 

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

We ain't finishing above Watford if we lose by even two goals v Arsenal imo, would leave too much to do on final day e.g. not just beat West Ham but have to win it by 2 or 3.

If we lose by one goal to Arsenal then that takes it to -28. One goal win v West Ham takes it back to -27 so we then need Watford to lose by two goal margins to Man. City and Arsenal.

All that without taking into account Bournemouth could just go and win at Everton which is very possible considering we nearly did it.

Can't see us staying up without getting a draw at least v Arsenal.

Yep, this. We lost our chance in the 87th min at Everton.

Odd decision to give it to Mullins again. After Quique got sacked he was caretaker for two matches, 2-0 defeat at Leicester and 0-0 draw at home to Crystal Palace so that dosen't suggest he's got some genius strategy to get points off Arsenal and Man. City but guess time will tell.

Just now, avfcDJ said:

Yep, this. We lost our chance in the 87th min at Everton.

If this Bournemouth results holds I really think 4 points would be enough from the final two. Just need to put in a disciplined performance v Arsenal who are in a better place than they were three weeks ago. Easier said than done given our joke record v any decent top half team this season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Having four managers in 1 season is exactly where we would be if some fans had their own way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

If this Bournemouth results holds I really think 4 points would be enough from the final two. Just need to put in a disciplined performance v Arsenal who are in a better place than they were three weeks ago. Easier said than done given our joke record v any decent top half team this season.

I can’t see it. I also think Bournemouth will get back into this. I’d say our hopes are at 5% and we need a miracle now. Arsenal will be very excited after their recent wins and we will struggle to cope.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Pearson must have had a falling out with someone at the club.

To sack him otherwise ia oure madness. They would have been down already if it wasnt for pearson

Pearson is such a calm guy, doesnt sound like him at all :P 

• Haha 1