Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I haven't read through the thread. It wasn't aimed at you mate, just a general rant I needed to get off my chest. I just noticed some police posts. 

The police should be on the motorways, roads and housing estates, not checking if people are buying easter eggs with their weekly shopping. 

As @chrisp65 said, the fact I can queue arse to chest in Heathrow, then fly to New York tonight but not let my kids play out the front is something that needs to addressed. As the public become more frustrated there will be some sort of mini mutiny happening. That will only result in another spike and longer restrictions. 

If anyone is outside without good reason, on the spot 1k fines with a future court summons will sort it. 

There would be an uproar with people saying they have been wrongly fined.  It already happened with £90 fines. Imagine if it went to £1000.

That the point I’ve been making. In many instances it’s difficult for the police.

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Where’s that? Looks like a lovely place to live.

The Great People’s Republican Jamahiriya of Barry Island.

The police generally turn up mid morning. Loads of them, patrolling the waterline, some on horses.

It only needs one, at the head road to stop all traffic. But better to have 6 or 8 walking on the beach. Taking photos for the police twitter account.

• Like 1

They’re u-turning on the face masks too. Finally admitting they’d probably work but they don’t want the public buying the masks that might be used for people who need them more. 

Which I guess is fair enough. But just more lies. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

This bit is quite patent nonsense as demonstable by our very own country. We are by far the most surveiled population in Europe already and it is not dropping the crime rate, the only reason the crime rate may appear to drop is under reporting, which is happenning massively in the UK

The police are already using facial recognition cameras in London to attempt to  identify criminals / suspects. The failure rate is absolutely astounding. It's OK to say you have no problem with it, until its you banged up for a day, presumed guilty , then it turns out many hours later that you aren't who they though you were. Happening to a lot of black people

far from proper decent CCTV on every single street/corner though isn't it. Hell even most shops inbternal cctv looks like it was shot with a motorola flip phone. Facial recognition cameras would be a lot more accurate over time with HQ cameras quite literally everywhere, Combine this with tracking peoples phones or even better internal microchips to track everone & i imagine it would be pretty reliable

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Just checking, you’re not being serious there are you?

Is the argument that the innocent have nothing to fear? Or that it would make everyone concentrate on improving their general compliance with council bye laws and credit ratings?

Personally, I’d rather go for the maximum degree of personal freedom that does not result in my being alone when a vigilante / mad max gang rides in to town.

Perfectly serious, Honestly have nothing to hide/fear so why would i care. Amazon/my bank & online stores already know all of my shopping history & prfereences, google/ms/samsung already know all of my interests & every single random thing i have ever looked at online, The thing on my wrist measures every single step i take, knows where i am, what my heart rate is, when i go to bed & wake up + how much i have been sat on my arse today, my phone is always in my pocket & combined with the watch i can in theory already be pinpointed pretty accurately down to the immediate area, Hell the central heating thermostat knows what time i get home & what temperature i like in the house..

This is also coming from someone that is actully reasonably anonymous online. I don't have facebook/twitter/youtube/any sort of social media etc with any of my real name associated/visible

If you are online/have a phone & think you are not being monitored/tracked in some way you are very much mistaken

Edited by LakotaDakota

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

The UK figure is deaths in hospitals, not sure about the French figures

Sorry, you seemed pretty sure in your post.  I think all the figures for countries are made up in several different ways from different periods of time.

ONS stats, which are not widely available, have shown the announced daily figure to be approx 70% short of the true figure. So I think we're an about 1500 a day at least. It's a scandal that the figures are being manipulated - when this is over I so hope there will be an enquiry into this. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Perfectly serious, Honestly have nothing to hide/fear so why would i care. Amazon/my bank & online stores already know all of my shopping history & prfereences, google/ms/samsung already know all of my interests & every single random thing i have ever looked at online, The thing on my wrist measures every single step i take, knows where i am, what my heart rate is, when i go to bed & wake up + how much i have been sat on my arse today, my phone is always in my pocket & combined with the watch i can in theory already be pinpointed pretty accurately down to the immediate area, Hell the central heating thermostat knows what time i get home & what temperature i like in the house..

This is also coming from someone that is actully reasonably anonymous online. I don't have facebook/twitter/youtube/any sort of social media etc with any of my real name associated/visible

If you are online/have a phone & think you are not being monitored/tracked in some way you are very much mistaken

Well let’s just hope all authority and all companies and all powerful individuals and foreign states always work selflessly for the greater good.

Let’s hope we always agree with and comply with every local authority by law.

What could possibly go wrong.

I have never seen Robocop, so I’m sure everything will turn out fine in the future utopia.

• Like 1

The excuses are not only thin, they are borderline dishonest and entirely politicised, the chief nurse should not be looking after the governing party - 

England's chief nurse, Ruth May, is asked how many frontline NHS staff have died due to coronavirus.

Ms May says they are collating the numbers of frontline workers who have died, but that it is inappropriate to give a number, especially as some family members may not have given permission.

She adds: "We will learn any lessons to be learnt, but it is inappropriate to comment on any individual death we have seen, whether a healthcare worker or not."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52239925

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's not an island and it's named after someone called Baruc

You need to be careful, I know people. Not even people that know people. I know the actual people.

When I was a kid I was briefly in the B.I.R.A. But then I bailed when it all got a bit too gloo and Molotov cocktail for me. Seriously, we had milk crates of Molotov cocktails, used to lob them over the Butlins car park. Or the other great game was to light a fire on the beach, and drop bottles of petrol down on to the fire from the cliff above!

The kid that ran it turned out to be an utter head case. He later went on to write books about how he was a famous football hoolie. Did time for stabbing someone. 

Mental.

We’ve gentrified a lot since then. We’ve got an organic ice cream parlour.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I have never seen Robocop, so I’m sure everything will turn out fine in the future utopia.

Well i guess i wouldn't want to be the dude referenced on the shirt ;)

rfLJHSx.jpg

& in case it isn't obvious the guy on the right is Peter Weller (robocop)

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The excuses are not only thin, they are borderline dishonest and entirely politicised, the chief nurse should not be looking after the governing party - 

England's chief nurse, Ruth May, is asked how many frontline NHS staff have died due to coronavirus.

Ms May says they are collating the numbers of frontline workers who have died, but that it is inappropriate to give a number, especially as some family members may not have given permission.

She adds: "We will learn any lessons to be learnt, but it is inappropriate to comment on any individual death we have seen, whether a healthcare worker or not."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52239925

Obviously it's very important to have the family's permission before including them in an anonymised deathcount. Is it an official responsibility of the Chief Nursing Officer to cover up politically inconvenient facts?

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

As we're having a lovely chat about the police, here's a fun one.

You're not allowed in your front garden. Looks to me like she's stood a lot closer than 2 metres to  him. She should fine herself.

Shame the Rotherham police weren't so proactive when people were reporting all of those kids that were being groomed.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Enda said:

Ah yeah, I would strongly disagree with @Vive_La_Villa but he’s not doing anything wrong. Think people were being dismissive to him personally rather than debating the posts.

I hope that I've been trying to do the latter.

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

There will always be a line in the sand that is arbitrary. Nothing is perfect. But, if privacy is all important, then police should not be allowed to search a paedophiles computer, you shouldn't need to prove your identity for anything and all cameras should be removed. Or, you think that everything should be open and public and even your own home is not private. The line will always be somewhere in the middle.

No, the line needs to be drawn on the basis of reason and that is not arbitrary.

Sure, the line will come somewhere between everything being absolutely public to everyone else and every single thing possible being private (obviously some things will be unable to be private).

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So if somebody had a view that the majority disagrees with they deserve a hard time? 

I was just trying to look at things from a different angle but you’re right, I’m chatting s**t.. Being from a state of a certain country with a history of police brutality I appreciate how lucky I am to be living in the Uk and how it’s police force behaves. I also thank people like yourself for ensuring it stays that way. 

I’m just frustrated with people that take the piss out of the rights this country give us.  I’ve  seen the power a little fear can have in keeping people in line but thinking about it clearly, I would never want to see that here .  I wish the ungrateful f**ks would also see how lucky they are. 

Apologies if I’ve offended anyone today.

No, it isn't that you're swimming against the flow that means your posts deserve a hard time but the nature of the opinion that you're putting forward (in my view). I would start to worry when it doesn't encounter an overwhelming response against it (and the reasons are largely contained in the rest of the post you've made quoted above). I do have a great deal of sympathy with your frustrations, too.

As far as people swimming against the flow, if you want to check out my posting history (and others on here may attest to this) then I'm often to be found in those waters. If that's the opinion you hold and it's not just for the sake of contrariness (this is just to point out to people who might think my posting falls in to that category at times that it largely doesn't - I post what I think) then swim away.

And you've certainly not offended me so no apologies necessary at all. At least to me, you've put forward your case and I've disagreed and, hopefully, tried to explain why (it may have included some hyperbole and more but that's the nature of VT and the nature of my posting sometimes).

• Thanks 2

Â