Generic Virus Thread

villakram

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So masks don't work if your positive?

Masks provide a small amount of protection. Something to bring the percentages down but you could still easily infect someone with a potentially fatal disease.

I'm not sure if you're just baiting at this point. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

There’s a bit of a difference between wearing a mask to prevent some of your droplets spraying everywhere just in case you have Covid but don’t know it yet, to having tested positive and relying solely on a mask to protect other people wherever you decide to go.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So yes, they obviously wouldn't say it, but I guess if you can trust yourself, its okay to say, go shopping with a positive test, as long as you keep your mask on and wash your hands.

I mean I know the government are acting as though it's worst than the plague, but as long as you are sensible................

I went out twice a day to walk the dogs. I made the decision that it was safe enough and I tell ya what I felt better for it and more importantly so did the dogs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I went out twice a day to walk the dogs. I made the decision that it was safe enough and I tell ya what I felt better for it and more importantly so did the dogs. 

Outside is fine as long as you don’t sneeze on anyone. This is where the guidance could be different, but if they said “yes you can go outside for a walk or exercise” then people would just start taking the piss and having winter barbecues or whatever wearing running shoes or with a cardboard cat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Outside is fine as long as you don’t sneeze on anyone. This is where the guidance could be different, but if they said “yes you can go outside for a walk or exercise” then people would just start taking the piss and having winter barbecues or whatever wearing running shoes or with a cardboard cat.

Totally get that. Alright for him it’s alright for us attitude . I was in contact with no one , but obviously if everyone had that idea it wouldn’t be good. Rules are there to be broken I suppose. Firstly I was doing it for the wealth fare of the dogs , but I also found it relieved the symptoms of the virus. Being stuck in doors with the heating on for days is no good for no one. I don’t think the rules should change because as you say we’d all be at it. Only the individual can make what they think is a safe decision. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

The science of masks is really **** simple.

Do you cover your mouth when you cough? Yes? Wear a **** mask

Do you cover your nose when you sneeze? Yes? Wear a **** mask

It doesn’t give you protection from other people but it does give other people protection from you.

There's really no excuse at this point other than just being a selfish sack of shit.

See this is what I don't like.

You may not be a sack of shit, you just might not be scared shitless or feel paranoid like half the population. Many times I have been out, even working without a mask, I just keep my distance and am very aware of it.

Just been over to the local for dinner. Did I wear a mask, ofcourse not I was eating. Did I sit in a quiet corner and aware of my surroundings, yes sereee!

Edited by foreveryoung

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

See this is what I don't like.

You may not be a sack of shit, you just might not be scared shitless or feel paranoid like half the population. Many times I have been out, even working without a mask, I just keep my distance and am very aware of it.

Just been over to the local for dinner. Did I wear a mask, ofcourse not I was eating. Did I sit in a quiet corner and aware of my surroundings, yes sereee!

What ya have for dinner 

2 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I don't like bringing up long covid due to the stress it can cause to those currently battling infections but out of curiosity have any villatalk members struggled with it long term?

When I had it, the lethargy lasted about 3-4 months, and it took about 6 for my taste/smell to go back to normal. Fairly mild, at its worst I thought I'd cough my lungs up but I didn't need to get medical attention, I thought I was stuck with it though.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

When I had it, the lethargy lasted about 3-4 months, and it took about 6 for my taste/smell to go back to normal. Fairly mild, at its worst I thought I'd cough my lungs up but I didn't need to get medical attention, I thought I was stuck with it though.

Great to hear it goes away. I was telling patients who would come in with long covid symptoms that it'll take time to get better, but not actually knowing that it would ever get better.

But they didn't want to hear that.

Â