Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I've noticed the numbers of first jabs are creeping up again.

209,284 today v 135,470 the week before
184,210 yesterday v 139,097 the week before

44 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I might be way off beam, but I’m looking at that map and I’m thinking not a lot of people in the centre of Bolton eat a lot of pork based product.

Conclusive proof that eating pork prevents covid infection. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, vegetarians.

Are there a lot of vegetarians in India? Oh, are there? And this new variant is the Indian one, right? and that's what they're worried about? Hmmm...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even though the Gov Coronavirus website reporting has a lag, it doesn't look good in Bolton.  In the 7 days up to 10th May it had a rolling rate of 228.5 (657 cases), in the 7 days previous to that it was 88.7 (255 cases).  This is for the local authority area.

(according to Sky News anyway).

EDIT: an update to the site linked above.  "So, like a powerful vindaloo curry, is the indian variant becoming too hot to handle?". 

Edited by trekka

To put Bolton in context, the current estimate is that the sum total of all people in Wales with covid, not new cases today, all cases, is 700.

0.02% of the population

Still too dangerous to stand outside and watch someone kick a ball though. Have to stand inside and watch it on a telly.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

To put Bolton in context, the current estimate is that the sum total of all people in Wales with covid, not new cases today, all cases, is 700.

0.02% of the population

Still too dangerous to stand outside and watch someone kick a ball though. Have to stand inside and watch it on a telly.

Stick some cushions on the terraces and says it’s a soft play centre.

• Like 1

But aren't most volnourable now vaccinated? Are there studies to show vaccines dont work on the Indian variant?

If we add 10k cases of young people and kids who are most likely to have little or no symptoms, what is the major problem considering widespread testing now available?

Surely deaths/hospitalisations will not be in high 10s or 100s anymore?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, trekka said:

I just don't see how we can possibly have similar hospitalisations as the first 2 waves. 

The fact it's more transmissible is an irrelevance.  Unless the vaccines have almost zero affect on it.  It may spread easily/quickly but its going to do that in the main through young people i.e those not yet vaccinated. 

Not to say it won't have any effect, but I just don't see how it can lead to that many hospitalisations. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Â