Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just tried it with Mrs IYR, just had to change the care worker drop down. It said there’s between 0 and 50378 people in the queue, and she can expect the vaccine between the 18th and 22nd December... 

Considering it’s the 18th today and her care home have heard nothing at all from the local authority, I would have to conclude that it’s a load of bollocks. 

Sorry not read the thread but how about issuing the vaccine instead of the test!  That's all you hear about mass testing! Well let's just fob that off and get those people doing the vaccine.

Newcastle might even have been able to play us then 😜

It's all gone very quiet on the Oxford vaccine. Surely they were not that far behind the Pfizer in releasing their data.  I sense all is not well. 

We've gone big on this one. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It's all gone very quiet on the Oxford vaccine. Surely they were not that far behind the Pfizer in releasing their data.  I sense all is not well. 

We've gone big on this one. 

Hahah. Spoke to soon.  I was basing this on searching the news yesterday, but this morning there are reports of it being approved by the end of the year. 

12 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Just tried it with Mrs IYR, just had to change the care worker drop down. It said there’s between 0 and 50378 people in the queue, and she can expect the vaccine between the 18th and 22nd December... 

Considering it’s the 18th today and her care home have heard nothing at all from the local authority, I would have to conclude that it’s a load of bollocks. 

Late Feb/early Mar for me. Mrs M is three years younger and her supposed date is three months later (despite being immuno compromised). 

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I love the idea that they might vaccinate 11 million people in under 3 months.

Depends on which vaccine they have IMO, If its just Pfizer, almost impossible. Oxford possibly not

But what I'd like to know is where they are getting all the vaccine from. The initial batch was 800,000 doses or 400,000 people

I'm sure I heard a proposterous figure of those already vaccinated

From what I understand at least the Pfizer and the Moderna vaccine requires 2 dozes taken 3-4 weeks apart so that's double the job or half the people treated depending on how they count.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

From what I understand at least the Pfizer and the Moderna vaccine requires 2 dozes taken 3-4 weeks apart so that's double the job or half the people treated depending on how they count.

Well I was assuming the figure quoted was just the first dose, what happens when they reaslise they haven't got a second dose to give them?

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Well I was assuming the figure quoted was just the first dose, what happens when they reaslise they haven't got a second dose to give them?

Yeah I'm not up to scratch when it comes to details on the UK vaccine details (or the Swedish ones) but I've taken it as meaning they will have 1 dose per person who will then need another one?

1 minute ago, sne said:

Yeah I'm not up to scratch when it comes to details on the UK vaccine details (or the Swedish ones) but I've taken it as meaning they will have 1 dose per person who will then need another one?

yep

40 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Will the vaccines be effective against the new strain of the virus? 

Most reports I've seen suggest it's still near enough to the original to still be defeated by the vaccines because the signatures they replicate are still there. 

The vaccines are also meant to be easy and quick to "tweak" for new strains. They don't need completey redevelopment and re-submission for use. 

My eldest daughter had her first vaccine jab yesterday and my wife is having hers next week. They are both nurses. Looking on that vaccine calculator I'll be about 9 months behind them although I think that is wishful thinking as can't see them getting anywhere near a million a week.

• Like 1

Â