Generic Virus Thread

villakram

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Grey squirrels deserve to be chased. They've invaded and forced the red squirrels out!

Red Squirrels have made a triumphant return in my locality in recent years when there used to be grey squirrels. All down to an increased population of Pine Martens apparently.

• Like 3

Just now, Seat68 said:

Yer man @bickster has a load of red squirrels in his locale. During one of my frequent visits I saw them myself. 

Yep, they are on the way back, they got the dreaded squirrel pox a few years back from those bastard grey things. We have one of the few pure red squirrel collonies in Britain. Good fun to go and watch them and feed them in the Squirrel Reserve

Grey squirrel are vermin in these parts,

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cheers. I do get that but there are shit loads of businesses that are seasonal and need to be opened ASAP so I still find it amusing. 

It’s probably just me 

It's not just the seasonality, though, it's the stock that they would have to bin.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, blandy said:

Just been for my exercise walk. VE day Brexit throbbers having **** street parties. Bastards everywhere. Set up on the pavement, tables and chairs, bunting and booze, playing old music. Words removed.

Are they words removed because they’re not social distancing, or for celebrating the defeat of fascism and the ending of the largest conflict in human history? 

Just now, bickster said:

Yeah because VE Day 2020 really is a celebration of the defeat of fascism isn't it? If it was, I'd have no truck with it.

Having VE day in 1945 made complete sense, having it as "VE Day" in 2020 only serves one agenda and it's got shite all to do with the defeat of fascism.

VE Day 2020 is jingoistic bollocks, serving one agenda and one agenda only

Celebrating the end of the war and the defeat of fascism is literally what it is. Any other interpretation is projection of people’s own views, usually more grounded in contemporary politics - hence “VE Day Brexit throbbers.”  Sad to see. 

• Like 3

BBC just had on its homepage BREAKING Italy highest deaths in EU - because it's gone to 30,200. And literally at the same time we are 31,200. They spent the whole day yesterday trying to say we shouldn't pay attention to death rates in different countries. There is clearly a mahoosive Tory in charge of BBC.com. 

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

and the defeat of fascism

You are the only person I've seen in favour of it that has actually mentioned the F word. Not once in any of the propaganda has it been mentioned

If this was truely a celebration of the defeat of fascism, we'd be celebrating the multicultural society we've become after that defeat not having Union Jacks all over the place.in the most white middle class way possible.

Your idea that this is a celebration of the end of fascism is an utter nonsense

• Like 1

Street parties to celebrate genuine sacrifice and upheaval or death over 6 years and the words removed can't go 8 weeks of social distancing. Spackers the lot of them. Shops are a joke too. Unofficially Lockdown is clearly already over. What price a new spike in 3 weeks? Tits.

• Like 3

Just taken dog for a lap round the estate, several biggish gatherings on driveways, no social distancing at all. I wonder if we see the impact of this in 3 weeks time.

• Like 2

Someone mentioned VE day the other day and I mocked them saying it was 75 years ago. But when I called the chemist earlier they were shut for Bank Holiday, and it said “ VE Day”. Now having seen the comments here it feels like I’ve woken up in a poor Sci Fi film 😱

I had noticed in passing the odd headline online about it but just thought it was referencing the date, not an actual event. 
People are outside ‘ celebrating’ it ? 

WTF ?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Just taken dog for a lap round the estate, several biggish gatherings on driveways, no social distancing at all. I wonder if we see the impact of this in 3 weeks time.

As long as it was just them they put in ICU, I'd have no issue with it. If we just spent an extra week in a far more harshly enforced lockdown, with the caveat "if you want to avoid lockdown, one of the few permissible activities is to go on a cruise", this problem might solve itself.

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah because VE Day 2020 really is a celebration of the defeat of fascism isn't it? If it was, I'd have no truck with it.

Having VE day in 1945 made complete sense, having it as "VE Day" in 2020 only serves one agenda and it's got shite all to do with the defeat of fascism.

VE Day 2020 is jingoistic bollocks, serving one agenda and one agenda only

I hadn’t got as far as this Post and the one it replies to when I commented above, but, yes, quite.

Im genuinely staggered it’s an actual thing.

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

You are the only person I've seen in favour of it that has actually mentioned the F word. Not once in any of the propaganda has it been mentioned

If this was truely a celebration of the defeat of fascism, we'd be celebrating the multicultural society we've become after that defeat not having Union Jacks all over the place.in the most white middle class way possible.

Your idea that this is a celebration of the end of fascism is an utter nonsense

Indeed. 
Just one of a variety of thoughts that spring instantly to mind.

Where on earth did the idea come from to do it ? ( Rhetorical as I think I will go back to blissful ignorance)

( it’s odd, I’ve two daughters in the Forces and they’ve not mentioned it, I usually hear all about military things)

Edited by terrytini

39 minutes ago, Jareth said:

BBC just had on its homepage BREAKING Italy highest deaths in EU - because it's gone to 30,200. And literally at the same time we are 31,200. They spent the whole day yesterday trying to say we shouldn't pay attention to death rates in different countries. There is clearly a mahoosive Tory in charge of BBC.com. 

Imagine if remain had won, you can be absolutely certain the UK having the highest death toll in Europe would be the EU’s / EU membership fault 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

You cannot get Covid from a VE Day Street Party, get out there and mingle, you commie bastards.

They didn’t sacrifice their lives so miserable lefties can be mildly critical of social gatherings during a pandemic lockdown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â