Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

You cannot get Covid from a VE Day Street Party, get out there and mingle, you commie bastards.

They didn’t sacrifice their lives so miserable lefties can be mildly critical of social gatherings during a pandemic lockdown.

There’s a bloke over the road sat in his front garden. I suppose I could go over and sing with him that “ German Bombers” song the Ingerlund fans love. Then go and find an attractive lady and offer her a “ pair of nylons” and get a kiss. Is that the kind of thing ?

Yeah just been for walk myself around four oaks. Rammed it is with people having beers outside there house with neighbour's, limited social distancing but nothing mad, been offered a beer from a few.

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Are they words removed because they’re not social distancing, or for celebrating the defeat of fascism and the ending of the largest conflict in human history? 

fascism is defeated... could have fooled me!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

VE Day 2020 is jingoistic bollocks, serving one agenda and one agenda only

I dunno. I've had several quiet moments of contemplation today thinking about the majesty of the combined forces of the world, working together to defeat the nationalist arseholes who didn't like people different to them. And how unity and collaboration can eventually win the day.

I expect the blokes a couple of streets over, hugging over each other over warm cans of Carling while bellowing Ten German Bombers at each other, were probably enjoying similar thoughts.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

VE Day 2020 is jingoistic bollocks, serving one agenda and one agenda only

For someone who is probably not as knowledgeable as most on here, could you elucidate please.

43 minutes ago, villakram said:

fascism is defeated... could have fooled me!

Once it's declared defeated you get to move on.   Here in the US we moved on to fighting Communism pretty quickly after the war.  Many are still fighting it, though with China seeming to have recognized the virtues of capitalism, the battlefronts have shifted to domestic threats such as the traitorous proponents of access to health care, social safety nets and prioritizing public health over individual rights to be self-destructive.  Good thing fascism was booted out 75 years ago.  Imagine if we still had that to contend with today on top of Communism.

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

BBC just had on its homepage BREAKING Italy highest deaths in EU - because it's gone to 30,200. And literally at the same time we are 31,200. They spent the whole day yesterday trying to say we shouldn't pay attention to death rates in different countries. There is clearly a mahoosive Tory in charge of BBC.com. 

be quiet cut it out GIF

1 hour ago, veloman said:

For someone who is probably not as knowledgeable as most on here, could you elucidate please.

Racist little Englanders, innit?

That’s why the well known British nationalist Emmanuel Macron was out celebrating it in Paris. It’s why the Russians will be celebrating (hard) tomorrow.... because it’s really all about white, middle class Brexit voters. 

The correlation between Anglophobia and EUphilia is uncanny - and Brexit Derangement Syndrome is a thing.  

• Like 2

On my FB feed “socially distanced street party underway”

B2-B4-A896-79-AE-4-A15-B121-000-FA36-BBE

The Virus will probably go easy on them because it was a party.

People advertising the fact they’re breaking the law and risking their lives, and the lives of others. Good old social media.

12 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

So the NHSX app has been open sourced. Good news and they should be congratulated on this.

Seems like the app is mostly ok from what I have read so far, although there are some question marks around device ID being transmitted to Google analytics/firebase. Overall though it is a positive step in the right direction.

They haven't open sourced the back end system though... Although the client side app source code tells us what is sent to the back end and therefore what data it has available to process.

10 hours ago, Jareth said:

john cusack popcorn GIF by Warner Archive

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

That’s why the well known British nationalist Emmanuel Macron was out celebrating it in Paris. It’s why the Russians will be celebrating (hard) tomorrow.... because it’s really all about white, middle class Brexit voters. 

He was laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknwn Soldier underneath The Arc de Triomphe. Hardly celebrating. you'll note no such event took place in the UK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

Once it's declared defeated you get to move on.   Here in the US we moved on to fighting Communism pretty quickly after the war.  Many are still fighting it, though with China seeming to have recognized the virtues of capitalism, the battlefronts have shifted to domestic threats such as the traitorous proponents of access to health care, social safety nets and prioritizing public health over individual rights to be self-destructive.  Good thing fascism was booted out 75 years ago.  Imagine if we still had that to contend with today on top of Communism.

I never understood the visceral hatred for that Jenny McCarthy lady. She seems nice. 

tenor.gif

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

EXhnkzgXgAA8LVf?format=jpg&name=large

I actually think people are under the impression lockdown ended today. The media have been reporting all week that restrictions will be eased by Boris so it’s just a couple of days early innit.

• Like 1

Â