The Royal Family

Genie

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

even if you don't see the sights, it's just a nice city to mooch about in. if nothing else, like 80% of the pubs are good traditional boozers rather than places like spoons and slug n lettuce that you find in most other high streets

Yeah I was going to say about the pubs. Loads of ace ones 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Cracking day at the Legion so far, they have put on a good spread, a lot of the old boys in full uniform citing  their memories of the Queen. Fascinating to hear and listen to these people and their life experiences. Feels very right and very fitting I’m glad I made the effort

Would not recommend to 90% of the people who have posted on this thread

I may disagree with your views on the Monarchy and on everything that's happened today and the last 2 weeks, but I'm genuinely glad that you were able to enjoy today with similar minded people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I may disagree with your views on the Monarchy and on everything that's happened today and the last 2 weeks, but I'm genuinely glad that you were able to enjoy today with similar minded people. 

I would recommend taking the time to speak to the old veterans. I for one will certainly make more effort to do so after today. A real eye opener listening to the sacrifice and times they have lived through. A real part of what made Britain great. Bravo to them all 👏👏

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

One of the most riveting parts of the parade was a guard slowly marching toward a big pile of poo. Me and the missus were taking bets on whether the guard would walk round it or through it. 30 seconds of pure anticipation.

….and????

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I would recommend taking the time to speak to the old veterans. I for one will certainly make more effort to do so after today. A real eye opener listening to the sacrifice and times they have lived through. A real part of what made Britain great. Bravo to them all 👏👏

I know plenty of ex-servicemen, including several marines. 

My views don't change based upon that, including the one about you enjoying the day, I'm glad you are. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

They will tell you how proud they were to serve our queen too. I know I'd rather listen to them, than the few negative nannies on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I know plenty of ex-servicemen, including several marines. 

My views don't change based upon that, including the one about you enjoying the day, I'm glad you are. 

Was not implying you should, just a more general comment about it being something a lot of people would not consider but should as highly rewarding. I know your comment is genuine and thank you for it 👍

• Like 1

Â