The Royal Family

Genie

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

All that planning and nobody to pick up the horse shit.

As I spent time in the forces I guarantee that will be a job for the Army lads. 

There are a couple of things I don’t miss about the military 🤣

Just now, snowychap said:

Now that the main event is apparently over (I'm just guessing on timings and the fact that normal noise levels outside have begun to return), I suppose we just have to suffer all of the post match analysis, continued fawning and oleaginous deference for a few more weeks.

Let's hope we get a reasonable break before the bloody coronation.

It's effectively only half-time, there's the return leg at Windsor this afternoon, not sure about the away goals rule though as they are both home matches

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

even if you don't see the sights, it's just a nice city to mooch about in. if nothing else, like 80% of the pubs are good traditional boozers rather than places like spoons and slug n lettuce that you find in most other high streets

It’s a shame mad Frankie Fraser died, His tour of London I will never ever forget and best value for a pony you could get 

57 minutes ago, Genie said:

I posted a while back I was looking for ideas for the OH’s 40th in January. London was an option and this has clinched it. 

Now I’m thinking I’ll need quite a bit of time (and money) to get everything done i’d want to do and see.

Go for it

50 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

It's a great place to visit but would never live there!

You could always commute to Central London from elsewhere though as accommodation can be expensive.

Travelodge is the way to go.

I can recommend the one at Southwark tube station. Great location, two mins to the tube and everywhere easy to get to. Plenty of bars and restaurants on the door step too.

On topic

That was a magnificent show of pageantry. All very British.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

It's a great place to visit but would never live there!

You could always commute to Central London from elsewhere though as accommodation can be expensive.

Seconded, I love visiting London as a tourist but I hate working there.

One underused facility that I try to use if I'm there for a day, is to travel by car to Uxbridge or Ickenham down the M40 and park and ride the tube into town. All day parking is about £6 or so, and there is no traffic stress. Would recommend.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Walking past a coffin tops giving birth to her children. You couldn't make this crap up could you. What chance have we got when subservient prats like this get to vote.

Vote for what?

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Vote for what?

Vote in a general election although I am not sure people who rate walking past a coffin as the best thing they have done, even over having children, should be given the chance to vote on anything other than perhaps strictly and the x factor. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Walking past a coffin tops giving birth to her children. You couldn't make this crap up could you. What chance have we got when subservient prats like this get to vote.

playing devils advocate, they probably were like "we were the last in the queue, we're being interviewed on national telly, we need to act like we're ridiculously excited and not just another of the thousands of others that have done the same thing"

and they're probably feeling a little silly now

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Vote in a general election although I am not sure people who rate walking past a coffin as the best thing they have done, even over having children, should be given the chance to vote on anything other than perhaps strictly and the x factor. 

Voting in a general election has nothing to do with the monarchy. With respect you telling someone what they should or should not be doing or feeling, less still. 

And no I'm not a monarchist myself, and I'm working today. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Voting in a general election has nothing to do with the monarchy. With respect you telling someone what they should or should not be doing or feeling, less still. 

And no I'm not a monarchist myself, and I'm working today. 

Missed the point completely. He’s referencing that the woman who made that somewhat silly statement, gets to choose our government, he’s got a point.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, av1 said:

As I spent time in the forces I guarantee that will be a job for the Army lads. 

There are a couple of things I don’t miss about the military 🤣

I’d have thought that given the importance they’d have at least got it swept away before the car drove back through it all. 

Maybe it was left for a reason my limited intelligence cannot comprehend 😉 

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Now that the main event is apparently over (I'm just guessing on timings and the fact that normal noise levels outside have begun to return), I suppose we just have to suffer all of the post match analysis, continued fawning and oleaginous deference for a few more weeks.

Let's hope we get a reasonable break before the bloody coronation.

Eagerly awaiting Garth Crooks team of the day, 

1 hour ago, El Segundo said:

Yep there's not too many other places where you'd get to see hundreds of thousands of serfs and peasants loyally tugging their forelocks and bowing and scraping, like in the olden days.  Except with selfie sticks.    

The good old days.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d have thought that given the importance they’d have at least got it swept away before the car drove back through it all. 

Maybe it was left for a reason my limited intelligence cannot comprehend 😉 

One of the most riveting parts of the parade was a guard slowly marching toward a big pile of poo. Me and the missus were taking bets on whether the guard would walk round it or through it. 30 seconds of pure anticipation.

25 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Thats democracy for you though. You can't pick and choose who gets to vote based on IQ. 

• Like 1

Â