Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

I've heard of 4 of the acts submitted in that thread (and would recognise songs from only one of them), but that probably says a lot about how much I stay in my comfort zone.

Edited by Davkaus

41 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've heard of 4 of the acts submitted in that thread (and would recognise songs from only one of them), but that probably says a lot about how much I stay in my comfort zone.

Bonnacons of Doom. You might like that. You also might like the OSees one too

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Bonnacons of Doom. You might like that. You also might like the OSees one too

He should give Oasis a go as well. 

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I think people's current music tastes are the result of a journey and if you don't know their route their latest taste is incomprehensible.

But I have no idea how you get from Bach to Stockhausen. 😄

I'm OK with Bach to Schönberg. 

10 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I thought you might like John Cage's 4′33″ but as it was written in 1952 it was probably before your time. 🙂

Oh, I've got that one. Terrible CD transfer, though. Too much compression.  :)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I thought you might like John Cage's 4′33″ but as it was written in 1952 it was probably before your time. 🙂

When I had to back cabaret artists, I was always good at the parts marked "tacet" :)

• Haha 1

A cabaret artist was crooning a beautiful melodic ballad when suddenly the drummer launches into a Ginger Baker style drum solo. The artist carries on but after the number says to the drummer, " What the hell did you do that for?" Drummer says , "Really sorry, I'm not a very good reader and when we got to that part I thought it said ' Take it' "           I thank you !!

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I don't want to see what Bowie would look like were he alive today. AI all looks crap to me, every time. 

spacer.png

Bowie was a Chameleon who latched on to the current trends and tried to reshape them in his own image, he pioneered nothing.

I don’t see the current trend that gets Bowie to dress like a camp Colonel  Sanders

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Buckle up you Americans. Saturday night Live is the worst example of american comedy there is. I have watched episodes through the years, and although I think some of the former cast are talented, the show itself is an unfunny shambles. I think the only reason it remains is the outcry if it was cancelled, if it was starting now it wouldn't make it past pilot. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Buckle up you Americans. Saturday night Live is the worst example of american comedy there is. I have watched episodes through the years, and although I think some of the former cast are talented, the show itself is an unfunny shambles. I think the only reason it remains is the outcry if it was cancelled, if it was starting now it wouldn't make it past pilot. 

I think I made a similar point last year. My other half is one of them 'Muricans so I have to sit through it regularly.

Not that I'm like a broken record or anything but I always wait until the 20 minute mark before causally enquiring "when do the funny bits start?". It's not a particularly funny joke but it's a gosh-darned sight funnier than anything on SNL.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, choffer said:

I think I made a similar point last year. My other half is one of them 'Muricans so I have to sit through it regularly.

Not that I'm like a broken record or anything but I always wait until the 20 minute mark before causally enquiring "when do the funny bits start?". It's not a particularly funny joke but it's a gosh-darned sight funnier than anything on SNL.

When there is a significant change to the cast I will watch an episode out of curiosity, it never improves. The current cast is amongst the worst. Its like on The Generation Game where the public act out a sketch.

Not PFE or anything but I genuinely don't understand the love for Sopranos. 

I didn't watch it properly back in the day and am going through it now (at her behest). I'm persevering (in to season 3) but some of the acting is wooden, the plot lines predictable and the dialogue is laughable. 

• Shocked 1

Fascinating, not something I ever watch but my presumption would have been they had about a thousand writers, as opposed to the UK model of one or two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Not PFE or anything but I genuinely don't understand the love for Sopranos. 

I didn't watch it properly back in the day and am going through it now (at her behest). I'm persevering (in to season 3) but some of the acting is wooden, the plot lines predictable and the dialogue is laughable. 

My fave band is Alabama 3, one of my fave songs by my fave band is used as the theme tune to The Sopranos.

I have never watched a single episode.

• Like 1

Â