Match Thread: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Just now, KHV said:

Not a bad shout.

Smith should be ready to replace McGinn at some point because he will be out on his arse after 65/70 

I'd be more worried about Trezeguet to be honest. Has he completed 90 mins in the league yet? And he's running around like a madman. Problem is no winger to replace him and there's no way I'd trust Kodjia defensively.

Just now, nepal_villan said:

We've been up at the half against Spurs, Arsenal and now Liverpool. And drew against Man City. Need to figure out what the issues second half are - fitness?

maybe, also defending for long periods against quality players is tough mentally. We need to ensure we still take the game to them as well and give the defensive players breathers

Brilliant half of football, both teams right in the game.

Refereeing has been absolutely awful, and VAR is shite. Yes decisions have gone in our favour, but they're still wrong. VAR should not be intervening if the lines are touching imo - the system is nowhere near precise enough to make those decisions and regardless it gives players a negligible advantage anyway. The Trez goal and the Firmino non-goal was literally drawn onside and offside within a tiny move of the mouse they're using before they decided on it - it's ridiculous. Mane non-penalty was the right call, although there was contact he definitely simulated the extent of it.

Patiently awaiting the real Liverpool to please stand up - they've been all over the place considering their normal self, but still look dangerous when Villa get out of shape.

1 minute ago, djdabush said:

I'd be more worried about Trezeguet to be honest. Has he completed 90 mins in the league yet? And he's running around like a madman. Problem is no winger to replace him and there's no way I'd trust Kodjia defensively.

Replace him with Elmo and leave Guilbert on?

Just now, MadridVilla said:

Brilliant half of football, both teams right in the game.

Refereeing has been absolutely awful, and VAR is shite. Yes decisions have gone in our favour, but they're still wrong. VAR should not be intervening if the lines are touching imo - the system is nowhere near precise enough to make those decisions and regardless it gives players a negligible advantage anyway. The Trez goal and the Firmino non-goal was literally drawn onside and offside within a tiny move of the mouse they're using before they decided on it - it's ridiculous. Mane non-penalty was the right call, although there was contact he definitely simulated the extent of it.

Patiently awaiting the real Liverpool to please stand up - they've been all over the place considering their normal self, but still look dangerous when Villa get out of shape.

HUH

Just now, Ikantcpell said:

Dont crumble now Villa ffs!

I know it's bad but I tempted to back Liverpool to win 2-1 or 3-1 

Seen it happen too many times in the past 😪

Just now, It's Your Round said:

We’ve got Hourihane, Lansbury and Elmo that could come on and make a difference, Kodjia probably less so. 

Second half coming up. Up the bloody Villa! 

They don't have to make a difference...