Match Thread: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

VAR stopped the game three times. 

It sill seems long to me. the stop for Mane's dive was about 5 seconds.  but then again, my perfectly legal and fully paid for opportunity to watch the match started late so I likely missed seeing some sort of delay.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

Trezeguet would be a really good player if he was a bit more intelligent. His decision making is awful, but I admire his relentless work ethic.

Its that work ethic that will get him there, that should of been a second goal for him i think, instead he tries the volley, should of gone for header though or laid it across goal for team mates.

A very good performance so far, I’m pleased with the energy and determination to close Liverpool down. It’s certainly putting them off their stride so far. Is this the first time VAR has ruled in our favour? Seems like it. 

McGinn has been superb but I can see him running out of steam later on. Mings and Engles have defended well. Wesley’s fallen down a lot but at least looks up for it. 

Please Villa, I beg you not to throw this away! 

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

Even before the goal thought Trez had been terrific. Guilbert seems lost - would bring Elmo in for him ASAP. Seems Guilbert  struggles with the better sides.

Last game I thought Guilbert was horrid, now I was just starting to write that he's been great today.

Just now, Dave-R said:

Its that work ethic that will get him there, that should of been a second goal for him i think, instead he tries the volley, should of gone for header though or laid it across goal for team mates.

Had to square it IMO but much better performance from him overall.

Just now, nepal_villan said:

Even before the goal thought Trez had been terrific. Guilbert seems lost - would bring Elmo in for him ASAP. Seems Guilbert  struggles with the better sides.

Not a bad shout.

Smith should be ready to replace McGinn at some point because he will be out on his arse after 65/70 

Just now, It's Your Round said:

A very good performance so far, I’m pleased with the energy and determination to close Liverpool down. It’s certainly putting them off their stride so far. Is this the first time VAR has ruled in our favour? Seems like it. 

McGinn has been superb but I can see him running out of steam later on. Mings and Engles have defended well. Wesley’s fallen down a lot but at least looks up for it. 

Please Villa, I beg you not to throw this away! 

Smith has to make changes earlier than he usually does.