The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

interesting that Boris isn't changing to Rutland after all. 

You thought that rumour spread by Labour  was true ? 

@chrisp65 I think I’ve found you a buyer if you have another bridge for sale  :)

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

You thought that rumour spread by Labour  was true ? 

@chrisp65 I think I’ve found you a buyer if you have another bridge for sale  :)

Already gone, sold it to a guy who’d been looking to buy Greenland but it fell through.

Minor point of order, but the "bridge for sale = credulousness" thing is just plain wrong. 

The councillor who proposed the sale of London Bridge was doing so because it was sinking into the Thames as it couldn't cope with the traffic, and was otherwise going to be torn down and scrapped.

The American who bought it knew exactly what he was buying, and the whole enterprise was a massive success for everyone involved. 

The town in Arizona where it's now located has gone from a couple of hundred inhabitants in the 1960s to over 50,000 people today. Meaning Robert McCulloch (the guy who bought the bridge) made a fortune in land sales and it's now the second biggest tourist draw in Arizona after the Grand Canyon.

Anyway, as you were. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Minor point of order, but the "bridge for sale = credulousness" thing is just plain wrong. 

George C Parker was the con man infamous for selling the Brooklyn Bridge multiple times to various credulous people.

I’ve probably muddied the water referencing Tower Bridge, but I don’t think anyone referenced London Bridge specifically.

But it’s not really very relevant, its just short hand for mugged off Brexit types believing a con man over and over and over again.

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve probably muddied the water referencing Tower Bridge, but I don’t think anyone referenced London Bridge specifically.

Understood. That's what made me assume you were referring to the popular "silly Americans bought London Bridge thinking it was Tower Bridge" myth.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Understood. That's what made me assume you were referring to the popular "silly Americans bought London Bridge thinking it was Tower Bridge" myth.

I was just riding on chris’sss coat tails and using his joke so all blame on factual inaccuracy lies squarely at his feet  :)

The Lib Dems hate Labour more than they hate Brexit

Jo Swinson’s aggressive campaign to split the remain vote is a gift to Boris Johnson

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/14/lib-dems-labour-brexit-jo-swinson-remain-vote-boris-johnson

pretty much sums up my thoughts, this

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

So candidate lists are out, anybody got anyone interesting to vote for/on?

Anyone...? 

tumbleweed GIF

mine's really difficult. tories will win my area, but labour has always been a not-so-close 2nd. but the lib dems smashed them in the euros. difficult choice between the two...which is why i'm so angry that lib dem + labour are facing off against each other

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

mine's really difficult. tories will win my area, but labour has always been a not-so-close 2nd. but the lib dems smashed them in the euros. difficult choice between the two...which is why i'm so angry that lib dem + labour are facing off against each other

The labour/lib dem dilemma is not going to play into either's hands. Likewise the Brexit/Tories dilemma isn't going to play into theirs. Both fights are ultimately only going to benefit the opposition. 

I've got a strong Labour seat with a 7,000 majority over the Tories in 2nd with Lib Dems and Greens barely registering. Whilst I think it was a leave majority, given the Brexit Party are standing too, I suspect the leave vote will be split more than the remain vote and Labour will keep the seat. The only benefit is that it is Jack Dromney, who has been involved in the anti-no deal legislation. 

37 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

So candidate lists are out, anybody got anyone interesting to vote for/on?

Anyone...? 

tumbleweed GIF

Just checked mine  , Phil Hammond replaced by Ben Spencer ..no me neither

I'll probably vote for MacKay as he is opposed to the decimation of the village with a planned 6 lane road and about a zillion houses ..but he comes across as a bit of an arse on facebook in the Runnymede general talk so might have to check out Lorna and she what she has planned ( and if she is fit of course )

Robert Ashley King – Labour Party

Stewart Mackay – Independent

Rob O’Carroll – Liberal Democrats

Lorna Marie Rowland – Independent

Benjamin Timothy George Smith – Green Party

Ben Spencer – Conservative Party

Nicholas David Wood – UK Independence Party

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Just checked mine  , Phil Hammond replaced by Ben Spencer ..no me neither

I'll probably vote for MacKay as he is opposed to the decimation of the village with a planned 6 lane road and about a zillion houses ..but he comes across as a bit of an arse on facebook in the Runnymede general talk so might have to check out Lorna and she what she has planned ( and if she is fit of course )

Robert Ashley King – Labour Party

Stewart Mackay – Independent

Rob O’Carroll – Liberal Democrats

Lorna Marie Rowland – Independent

Benjamin Timothy George Smith – Green Party

Ben Spencer – Conservative Party

Nicholas David Wood – UK Independence Party

Just looking at Mackey, he comes across suspiciously Brexit Party, possibly their candidate before NF's decision to pull them in the Tory seats? 

Just now, cyrusr said:

Just looking at Mackey, he comes across suspiciously Brexit Party, possibly their candidate before NF's decision to pull them in the Tory seats? 

He was previously involved in the local council and i think was a Tory , he then   stood as an independent ( Runnymede Residents and Community Group )  and got elected as councillor on a ticket of stopping the planned works and nothing else  .. since elected he's spouted quite a lot of bollocks and attacking his ex-colleagues so i think there is an element of personal vendetta going on with him

he is a brexiteer though I don't think he's ever been involved with the NF party

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He was previously involved in the local council and i think was a Tory , he then   stood as an independent ( Runnymede Residents and Community Group )  and got elected as councillor on a ticket of stopping the planned works and nothing else  .. since elected he's spouted quite a lot of bollocks and attacking his ex-colleagues so i think there is an element of personal vendetta going on with him

he is a brexiteer though I don't think he's ever been involved with the NF party

I think I found his twitter account which isn't particularly active but was suggesting people vote for NF party at the Euro elections. Not clear whether member or not, but would be amused if he was going to be their candidate. If he has got a significant involvement in the local area, he may get more support due to that, like yourself. 

Just now, cyrusr said:

I think I found his twitter account which isn't particularly active but was suggesting people vote for NF party at the Euro elections. Not clear whether member or not, but would be amused if he was going to be their candidate. If he has got a significant involvement in the local area, he may get more support due to that, like yourself. 

His profile picture is of him and Boris,  he seems to give out a lot of mixed messages

guess that brings the other Indie into play  ..... have you found Lorna's profile yet , I have to dash for my sons parents evening so i'm counting on you for good news when i get back :)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

And @tonyh29: Looks like Lorna Rowland was the Brexit Party candidate before Farage pulled them.

Edit:

Edited by snowychap
  • Thanks 2