Weekends Football 20/22 September

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They'd be rock bottom if it weren't for that flukey win at Spurs even with Watford having they're GD slashed by 8.

Actually no, they did get another draw, I think it was against Watford themselves. So second from bottom on GD. But as it stands, they're a point ahead of us. 

Honestly, if we don't finish above them, then we're relegated imo.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Used to really rate Carroll but my word he moves like an oil tanker nowadays.

Bad times.

He's always been shit, 1 good season at Newcastle he moved to Liverpool, even before that move he run like he was wearing Wellington boots filled with custard. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

29% at home to BHA

bruceball is setting in

"Well that's wa league, we didn't play well today but wa dust wa selves down rolls wa sleeves up and give it a right good go in wa next game" 

For all the bashing of Newcastle they're above us in the league despite having a much more difficult start to the season, and our in game stats such as possession, completed passes aren't much better. I wouldn't swap our situation for their's but as it stands we aren't doing any better.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

For all the bashing of Newcastle they're above us in the league despite having a much more difficult start to the season, and our in game stats such as possession, completed passes aren't much better. I wouldn't swap our situation for their's but as it stands we aren't doing any better.

Yep.

Bruce will probably scrape together enough 1-0 wins and a bunch of draws to keep them over the line.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

They have played 3 teams that will be in the relegation fight, 2 at home and just got 2 points

We have only played Palace that will be in the relegation battle

1 minute ago, useless said:

They've played Arsenal, Tottenham, and Liverpool that's three teams that will be in the top six.

And their next 4 games is Leicester, Man Utd, Chelsea and Wolves.

Fully expecting them to be in the bottom three by the end of that run.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

They've played Arsenal, Tottenham, and Liverpool that's three teams that will be in the top six.

After tomorrow we would have played 2 of those 3 teams as well. Both of them away.

We've also played Everton, West Ham and Bournemouth who will be fighting for top half finishes, and we got 4 points (should have been at least 5).

Meanwhile Newcastle have played Watford, Norwich and Brighton...claiming just 2 points from those relegation candidates.

Brighton, Watford and Norwich could all just as easily be fighting for a top half finish this season as well, and by the same token Bournemouth, West Ham, and Everton could all finish in the bottom half. All these teams are much of a muchness

Â