Weekends Football 20/22 September

andykeenan

Just now, useless said:

Brighton, Watford and Norwich could all just as easily be fighting for a top half finish this season as well, and by the same token Bournemouth, West Ham, and Everton could all finish in the bottom half. All these teams are much of a muchness

Possibly Brighton, but Bournemouth and West Ham in particular are a different caliber of team to us and about 5 or 6 other teams including Norwich and Watford who are dead last. 

It fascinates me how teams never go on to win like 17 nil, after going 3, 4 or 5 up in the first 20 mins.

What's the reason for it? Take their foot off the gas I guess is the obvious one, but why then the 4th and 5th goals today so early on, why not stop at 3?

Man City are the most annoying for this, so many big early leads then just stop scoring.

Foot off the gas plus the other team is eventually going to go hyper defensive to try to prevent further embarrassment and over the course of the game will get used to the kind of things the opposition will do.

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It fascinates me how teams never go on to win like 17 nil, after going 3, 4 or 5 up in the first 20 mins.

What's the reason for it? Take their foot off the gas I guess is the obvious one, but why then the 4th and 5th goals today so early on, why not stop at 3?

Man City are the most annoying for this, so many big early leads then just stop scoring.

Why not stop at 3? 80 minutes is a long time in football. The opposition are also in the game too. After the 5th or 6th especially against opponents like City it’s damage limitation so they’ll park the bus and get the **** out of there.

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

He's always been shit, 1 good season at Newcastle he moved to Liverpool, even before that move he run like he was wearing Wellington boots filled with custard. 

He's also been on the piss for the last 10 years of his career. Thats a huge part of his atrocious injury record. Can't believe he actually went to a tournament with England.

54 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

He's also been on the piss for the last 10 years of his career. Thats a huge part of his atrocious injury record. Can't believe he actually went to a tournament with England.

Which tournament did he go to with England? 

5 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Which tournament did he go to with England? 

As @Keyblade said, Euro 2012. Capello resigned in February over John Terry being stripped of the captaincy by the FA. They appointed Woy in May and he added Carroll to the squad to "bring something different." Meaning that when we hadn't scored after 80 mins we'd get some bloody snow on it and lump it up to him. The English FA has been a disaster for my whole life.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Didnt he score a winning goal in a game in that tournament, might have been vs Sweden 

No he scored the 1st goal but Wellbeck scored the winner. Carroll also committed the foul which resulted in the free kick which got Sweden back into the game. 

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

No he scored the 1st goal but Wellbeck scored the winner. Carroll also committed the foul which resulted in the free kick which got Sweden back into the game. 

For some reason i remember him coming off bench to score in a game as impact sub. 

On another note how did England go to a tournament with Welbeck and Carroll 😂😂 Darren Anderton would give you more games

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

On another note how did England go to a tournament with Welbeck and Carroll 😂😂 Darren Anderton would give you more games

Nearly as baffling as Sven taking a 16yo Walcott to the World Cup for 'experience' 

Â