Sign in to follow this  
Rodders

Broadband Providers

Right, 

Who's competent? BT aren't, in anticipation of a house move and despite several phone calls from me checking they had the date right, they've still managed to disconnect my current internet and say they can't restore it for another 2 weeks. Genius. 

So, using this spell of contractual freedom to browse around. Our new place apparently doesn't receive Virgin Media, and I've not heard of many of the others. Does anyone know how good NOW, Sky, talktalk, vodafone, plusnet etc are?

Since the fibre roll out, I've found BT to be by far the best, but a little expensive.

I'm using Sky now with a TV package deal, but it's a nightmare if you wish to use your own router as the one they provide is shite (unless you're well versed in Wireshark). 

Edited by PieFacE

I've read lots of good things about Vodafone on hotukdeals as a BB provider.

Everyone apart from Virgin has to deal with the incompetent rocket polishers at Openreach, but in my experience, AAISP are the best at kicking them up the arse, and the only ones who you can call and have someone on the phone who actually knows anything about networking if anything goes wrong. You pay for it though.

Sign in to follow this  

Â