Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

a8f792291241514d65e08a66693dc1e3.png
0dd08746032fc2f0f5d5afcef2350df1.png

2nd season done, tactics and players clicked so we had a good one. Montiel has been a cracking signing, 21 goals from right inside forward. Sergio Gomez is so good on FM as well, loved him last year and he hasn't disappointed me once again. £1.3m from Dortmund is a bargain. 

In the summer now and unfortunately I've got this to deal with
80ce5162751424fe3fc3533cea624943.png

• Like 1

Haven't played FM for a couple of years.  I wasn't impressed with the last one I bought - either 18 or 19, can't remember.

I've been playing a lot of FIFA but it's such a frustrating experience.

Do I get back into this?  And (this question's for me) can I play it without saving before every game and replaying if I think I got done over?!

• Thanks 1

Depends what it is that frustrates you

Player value £1m but selling clubs wanting £80m then your player being worth £80m and them offering £30m...yep that's still there (on touch the unsettling thing doesn't happen) 

Match game engine being ropey so your stick men do some stupid stuff... Yep still there

14 world class scouts set up on assignments coming back with suggestions to sign this up and coming youngster called mbappe that's still there

Injuries not for me, never has been

Having 47 shots without scoring vs a team that has 1 and wins the game...again never really has been a big issue for me

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Haven't played FM for a couple of years.  I wasn't impressed with the last one I bought - either 18 or 19, can't remember.

Do I get back into this?  And (this question's for me) can I play it without saving before every game and replaying if I think I got done over?!

I haven’t played the game in a good few years but this year I’m into it. Sometimes you feel it may be a bit scripted and you get done, but overall it’s really enjoyable. 

• Like 1

I’ve just finished season 23/24. Won the league again, but also won both domestic cups. 

Lost to Barca in the CL semis 8-6 on aggregate. Was a bit of a mental couple of games. 

I’ve gone a bit mad and signed Sancho from Barca for 100m, 60m + loads of add ons. 

Ive also just rejected a £150m bid for Boadu, from Chelsea, who signed Edouard from me earlier in the save for £90m. Kind of regretting rejecting it though. Crazy money, and Haaland out scored him with 38 and Brian Walker got 19 as a bit part player last season. I could also sign the other new gen from Lyon, Touati, who I posted a screenshot of earlier on the thread. 

Edit - I did save it before rejecting to give myself some thinking time and can easily go back to it. Thoughts from you guys?! Plus it’s negotiable...

Edited by villan-scott

Not played for a few years, can someone please jog my memory about the January transfer window. Do the we signings automatically get added in on a patch or do you need to download something from somewhere? I.e. How do I play as Villa with Samatta up top 😎 and Drinkwater bossing my midfield... 😂

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Not played for a few years, can someone please jog my memory about the January transfer window. Do the we signings automatically get added in on a patch or do you need to download something from somewhere? I.e. How do I play as Villa with Samatta up top 😎 and Drinkwater bossing my midfield... 😂

It — Jan Transfers — will come out in a update/patch (sometime in Feb I believe)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think it just depends on what your preferences are. Both FIFA and FM have their frustrating moments. Also depends on what kind of save/game you're interested in. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I’ve just finished season 23/24. Won the league again, but also won both domestic cups. 

Lost to Barca in the CL semis 8-6 on aggregate. Was a bit of a mental couple of games. 

I’ve gone a bit mad and signed Sancho from Barca for 100m, 60m + loads of add ons. 

Ive also just rejected a £150m bid for Boadu, from Chelsea, who signed Edouard from me earlier in the save for £90m. Kind of regretting rejecting it though. Crazy money, and Haaland out scored him with 38 and Brian Walker got 19 as a bit part player last season. I could also sign the other new gen from Lyon, Touati, who I posted a screenshot of earlier on the thread. 

Edit - I did save it before rejecting to give myself some thinking time and can easily go back to it. Thoughts from you guys?! Plus it’s negotiable...

Get a percentage of next sale added on too and you can't say no if you have decent cover.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Get a percentage of next sale added on too and you can't say no if you have decent cover.

Sold him for £167m in the end. Had a spending spree too...

Screen-Shot-2020-01-20-at-11-23-57.png

Signed Touati for £90m.

Screen-Shot-2020-01-20-at-11-24-23.png

Amaral for 61m.

Screen-Shot-2020-01-20-at-11-24-06.png

O'Connor for 45m

Screen-Shot-2020-01-20-at-11-24-15.png

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

😎 cheers. 

Not played a game with them yet as I’m early in pre season. Looking forward to seeing Touati in action! 😍

Not saying he won't be good (he's pretty damn good :D), but I actually like the look of Amaral the best.  Might just be my save, but you can pretty reliably find a great striker, yet great full backs (particularly left-side, oddly) are harder to come by!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not saying he won't be good (he's pretty damn good :D), but I actually like the look of Amaral the best.  Might just be my save, but you can pretty reliably find a great striker, yet great full backs (particularly left-side, oddly) are harder to come by!

Yeah he looks immense. 

My save seems to be similar actually, as full backs are a rare beast. Especially left backs. I wanted a new left back too, but couldn’t find any better than I already have. I use Guilherme Arana, and Gina-Luca Itter, who are both decent but not world beaters. 

I’ve got another newgen right back called Bielen, but he’s nowhere near as good as Amaral attribute-wise. I could have signed Amaral about 18 months ago in the save as he had a release clause of 56m, but didn’t have to budget to splash that out, so went back for him but the clause had expired.

Agreed about the strikers, I seem to hoard them actually. Have about 5 or 6 youth prospects all wonderkids who are decent, but I keep loaning them out. Will sell a couple this window and recoup some money. Toloza, an Argentine from River I signed for 2m is worth about 25m now, loaned him to Toronto where he scored about 30, then Porto loaned him for the remainder of that season. Tempted to sell him.

7 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

What tactic are people having success with?

I use a 4-2-4 tactic, with controlled possession. 2 ball playing centre backs, 2 attacking full backs, 2 centre midfielders one a DLP the other an AP or Mezzala depending on who’s starting. A right winger on support, or inverted winger, depending on who starts and the same for the LW slot. Then a pressing forward (Haaland) and an advanced forward.

Short passing at a quicker tempo, playing out from the back, focus play down the wings, but distribute to playmaker. High defensive line, and high line of engagement works for me.

I always start a game as balanced, and if it’s not going my way can always push to positive and attacking. Or cautious away to tougher teams.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I've actually found quality right backs extremely hard to find.

• Like 1

Â