Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I have been using him as target man. He misses loads of 1vs1's, but that's because the match engine isn't the best.

I may try that. Been playing him up front with Boadu, as a pressing forward and Boadu as an advanced forward. 

Edit - also the 1v1 thing is ridiculous. Boadu misses at least 3 a game!! Every now and again I get lucky and he scores the rebound! Infuriating!

Edited by villan-scott

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I play everyone in their preferred role... 

Don't force anyone in to anything (I do train them for roles that I want them to do) 

I’m the same overall, only player I play out of their preferred role is Kana as a DLP at CM rather than at DM. 

Show us your favourite newgens then chaps - 

Screen-Shot-2020-01-12-at-10-22-54.png

Brian Walker was from Palace, rated potential 5 stars by scouts and sign whatever the price. Spent 41.5m on him, but had a slow start. Might loan him out in January.

Screen-Shot-2020-01-12-at-10-22-10.png

Signed from Derby for around 16m, highly rated and playing well for me. Could be a long term for my RW slot.

Screen-Shot-2020-01-12-at-10-28-09.png

Then there is this guy who looks awesome but Lyon want about £150m for him!

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 1

I have managed to get a few youth players, but have to pay compensation. I just have to be lucky that they're available when im searching. If they're at a foreign club i just keep low balling the offer in hope the player gets unsettled and i can pick him up for a more reasonable fee rather than something stupid like £130m they keep offering.

• Like 1

Has anybody else noticed that despite league position or form, the better sides always seem to turn up and play to their potential against you. For example, Liverpool on my save are packed with world class stars, but down in 8th and lost 6 games from 16. I turn up top of the league, unbeaten all season, and they turn into the invincibles. Frustrating!

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Has anybody else noticed that despite league position or form, the better sides always seem to turn up and play to their potential against you. For example, Liverpool on my save are packed with world class stars, but down in 8th and lost 6 games from 16. I turn up top of the league, unbeaten all season, and they turn into the invincibles. Frustrating!

Mixed, to be honest.  I just played Chelsea away from home - I'm in decent form (for Solihull Moors in lower-half Prem) of something like 2 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses over the last 6.  Chelsea have won 6 in a row.  Finished 0-0, I had more CCC's...

...but earlier in the season I played an out of form Liverpool and lost 6-0.  So, yeah, mixed!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Third in a row (sorry!) - @Daniel, how are those players getting work permits?  Are you signing them for reasonable amounts from clubs or coming through your youth ranks via feeder clubs?

On this point my Brexit in game was great. Players don’t need work permits for me. So signed a lot of Argentinian and Brazilian youth! I’m just maxed to 17 foreign players in my 25 man squad. Benefit is that if I sign them young enough eventually they’ll be home grown. 

Just now, villan-scott said:

On this point my Brexit in game was great. Players don’t need work permits for me. So signed a lot of Argentinian and Brazilian youth! I’m just maxed to 17 foreign players in my 25 man squad. Benefit is that if I sign them young enough eventually they’ll be home grown. 

Ah **** - I forget there's different Brexits!  Mine is the shit version.  Used to be able to not sign anyone from abroad unless spending a ridiculous amount, which completely hampered by usual tactic of buying the cheap talent from South American countries and making them awesome.  I actually did pay £11m for a player from Colombia worth £1m or something, just so I could actually get the work permit in place and use him :D 

• Like 1

Hopefully this works...

...so, random player I spent £11m on just to get him playing is this inverted winger:

zapata.jpg

And here are a couple of other Colombian wonderkids I managed to convince to sign without work permits:

gonzalez.jpg

ramos.jpg

...meanwhile, arguably the greatest regen I've ever seen is now at PSG.  Came through at Bayern, absolute tank:

arentz.jpg

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Hopefully this works...

...so, random player I spent £11m on just to get him playing is this inverted winger:

zapata.jpg

And here are a couple of other Colombian wonderkids I managed to convince to sign without work permits:

gonzalez.jpg
ramos.jpg

...meanwhile, arguably the greatest regen I've ever seen is now at PSG.  Came through at Bayern, absolute tank:

arentz.jpg

Zapata looks good! Good be a very good player for you. 

The German tank looks immense! 

I f**king hate Mason Greenwood on my save. I tend to get the better of Utd every game now, and dominate. Win the majority of games against them. However, he is just ridiculous. I can’t seem to counter him strolling through and scoring every time I play them. We’re in January and he has 36 goals in all competitions. 

Haaland has smashed this season is on 35 and Boadu on 16, I think their development has escalated now I’m a Champions League regular and competing for more silverware. Their attributes have increased more rapidly this season and classed as ‘Elite Strikers’ now. 

Had a bit of clear out in this Jan window as Abraham, Chukwueze and McTominay weren’t happy with their game time. Sold TA for £36m only signed him for £12m. Sold Chuk for 37m and McTominay for £25m. Will probably sit on it and hope for a bigger summer budget. 

Edited by villan-scott

Â