Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

Yeah, the mobile version has a few dittys like that - others include scrapping the requirement for work permits, triggered by signed x amount of players with a work permit. Those sorts of things work like unlockables, allowing you to start a new game with them enabled, if you want to. Would be a terrible idea in the main version/s, but works quite well for the mobile game.

• Like 1

i've been asked to name a stadium before, thats been a feature for years

the voting stuff i've never seen though

the generate son is an unlockable on the touch and mobile version if you have a player retire after playing for you for 10 years, on the main game theres apparently a 1 in 15000 chance of it happening as long as you are over 34

no transfer windows is unlocked by making a huge profit on a player

won the euros with holland comfortably and then also won the olympics which is a bastard of a competition, the fitness of your players is shit, one injury and you're done, did it with no real big names over 23 too

still 1500 points off fergie, i think i would need to play to 2030, win another 2 leagues and cups, at least 1 CL and the WC in order to catch him, thats not happening by monday

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i've been asked to name a stadium before, thats been a feature for years

the voting stuff i've never seen though

the generate son is an unlockable on the touch and mobile version if you have a player retire after playing for you for 10 years, on the main game theres apparently a 1 in 15000 chance of it happening as long as you are over 34

no transfer windows is unlocked by making a huge profit on a player

That makes sense, I had Milinkovic-Savic retire and become a coach just before.  It even said he had a testimonial and I came on to play in the second half.

• 1 month later...

I'm resurrecting the old thread as this is the version I'm playing...  but more of a "general" question.

Has anyone intentionally just **** up a club to try and see them get relegated?  The current game date is 24 Jan 2043 and Liverpool are sat in 14th place after 24 games, 6 points above the drop.  Their side is alright and they're definitely underperforming.  I've got a transfer budget of £1,007bn and am basically thinking of buying all their goalkeepers and defenders at the end of the January transfer window to see what happens.

So, has anyone done something similar before?  If so, was it effective? :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I'm resurrecting the old thread as this is the version I'm playing...  but more of a "general" question.

Has anyone intentionally just **** up a club to try and see them get relegated?  The current game date is 24 Jan 2043 and Liverpool are sat in 14th place after 24 games, 6 points above the drop.  Their side is alright and they're definitely underperforming.  I've got a transfer budget of £1,007bn and am basically thinking of buying all their goalkeepers and defenders at the end of the January transfer window to see what happens.

Something I’ve never done, would they sell them all though?!

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

I haven’t. But I remember reading a similar story on one of the CM/FM forums. I reckon it might have been around CM4.

He took charge of Man Utd with the plan of sabotaging them. First thing he did was sell Cristiano Ronaldo and buy Ade Akinbiyi 😂

• Haha 1

Many years ago in the early to mid 00s when they were a big team I was doing an athletic bilbao save with not much joy and valencia were on the brink of relegation with a couple of games left despite having all their big names still, sacked their manager, I went for it got it got them relegated on purpose to have some fun in the 2nd division... Didn't have the 2nd division loaded so I automatically lost the job 

I don't plan on taking the job - just buying their players (and instantly transfer listing them :D) on the last day of the transfer window.  They'll need to rely on free transfers to put a squad together (I think?) and it may be too late anyway.

They're currently on 27 points after 25 games.  I've never seen a big club (traditional top 6) struggle so much in a season.  Man Utd finished 11th last season, but this is something else.

I'm going to try it...!

• Like 1

Hasn't really worked out.  They have three first team squad goalkeepers - a 36yr old (first-choice, good keeper), a 33yr old (backup) and a 27yr old (recently signed, decent keeper).  I can sign the first two but the board is blocking the £45m transfer of the last guy - they're only willing to spend £33m.  Annoying.

Still, check out this regen I've got.  The best regen I've ever had.  Picked him up for £1m aged 18 and he didn't look anything like he was going to become this good.  Made a promise with him to loan him out on the purchase - Real Madrid (:D) wanted to loan him and made him their starting AMR.  Basically tanked him up.  He's already Brazil's key player and is listed as the only "legend" at my club (outside of me, of course).  He's 22!

flavinho.jpg
flavstats.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 17/01/2021 at 15:07, bobzy said:

Hasn't really worked out.  They have three first team squad goalkeepers - a 36yr old (first-choice, good keeper), a 33yr old (backup) and a 27yr old (recently signed, decent keeper).  I can sign the first two but the board is blocking the £45m transfer of the last guy - they're only willing to spend £33m.  Annoying.

Still, check out this regen I've got.  The best regen I've ever had.  Picked him up for £1m aged 18 and he didn't look anything like he was going to become this good.  Made a promise with him to loan him out on the purchase - Real Madrid (:D) wanted to loan him and made him their starting AMR.  Basically tanked him up.  He's already Brazil's key player and is listed as the only "legend" at my club (outside of me, of course).  He's 22!

flavinho.jpg
flavstats.jpg

Never be a legend with Long Throws of 6.

• Haha 2

I caved for the first time in 4 years I think, and bought it.

I always do either Villa or an unemployment challenge. Starting with only National C and no playing experience and apply for any jobs that come in.

Took the Darlington job with 8 games to go in the season. Won 4 of the last 5 and recruited smartly in the summer.

Started very strongly with 2 wins, then a poor 1-0 loss, a 3-3 being 3-0 up and a 4-3 loss.

Frustrating as ever :D

I would also like to open up the unemployment challenge to everyone so we can compare as we go.

I didn't do an unemployment save, but I am doing bottom tier with Dorking. Currently in the Championship in 2032. Have been very inconsistent since being in the Championship, but have finally got a bit more reputation to entice some actually decent players, to complement my youngsters with potential. 3rd with something like 10 games to go. 14m in the bank and my highest paid fee was £2.4m (I've had sales of £10m and £6m in the last couple of years). The money for getting promoted will be unlike anything the club has ever seen, although we'll be playing in god knows what stadium for years as the 'Dorking Stadium' built in 2021 is nowhere near complying with the minimum requirements for the Prem. It's something like 7800 capacity and half-ish of that is terracing. 

I'm not bored of the save yet at all, in fact I'm enjoying it far more than I should be. Once 'done' (Champ League win, I guess) I'll try an unemployment save with minimum reputation.

On 26/01/2021 at 15:17, StefanAVFC said:

I always do either Villa or an unemployment challenge. Starting with only National C and no playing experience and apply for any jobs that come in...

I would also like to open up the unemployment challenge to everyone so we can compare as we go.

I normally start unemployed with no qualifications or playing experience and try to take the Villa job along the way if I can. Also hadn't played the PC version for a few years but started on FM20 when game up on Game Pass.

Current game started by taking the Distillery job in the third tier of NI and has gone like this so far:

image.thumb.png.f7fc17e5d366770b8fdb29dfa7c648a7.png

Highlights so far:

- Back-to-back promotions with Distillery

- First games with Glenavon were Europa Conference qualifiers. Comfortably beating Domzale and Bala, then knocked out FC Zurich on away goals and beat Freiburg 2-1 in the first leg of 4th qualifying round, only to lose the second leg 3-1 to a 120th minute og having gone down to 10 men.

- Took Bristol Rovers from relegation places in November to 7th in first season after going on unbeaten run from January. Won the league the following season with 107 points and 101 goals.

- Made it from lowest ranked playable European league to the highest in sixth season when controversially left Boro to take the Newcastle job. Could have done this a season earlier but turned down the Baggies job when they were sat bottom of Premier League as I was waiting to hear back after a second interview at Villa. I did not get the Villa job this time.

- Took Newcastle out of relegation zone to comfortable mid-table in first season, but decided to leave at end of contract after failing to qualify for Europe in 2nd and 3rd seasons.

- Short stint at AZ included 2-0 wins against both Chelsea and OL in my Champions League group. Anything better than a 2-0 defeat in final group game against OL would've got me through to knockouts. Final score: a 2-0 defeat. I was offered the Villa job the following week...

- …which was a complete disaster! Narrowly avoided sack in first season after finishing 9th in Championship (not in screenshot above for some reason?!), having barely moved from where I took them over in the December and having spent around £150m in January, mostly through buying half my AZ team. Nearly sacked again mid way through the following season when languishing in midtable. Survived by going 18 games unbeaten from Dec to Feb. Comfortably making playoffs. Sacked with 3 games to after missing out on automatic promotion. Tom Heaton takes over and wins the playoffs.

- Now in first season at PSV looking to break Ajax's run of 11 league titles, but an odd season so far has had Utrecht, NAC Breda and FC Twente leading the league for the most part. Currently 4th with several games in hand and qualified top of Europa League group into second knockout round.

• Like 1

Â