Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

Whilst I am interested to see how this version looks I'm still plenty happy with FM19 so will probably wait til next year's version. Just my view but I don't think they change enough year to year to warrant the cash.

• 3 weeks later...

The new features have been released today. One of the changes where you can be judged on making profit by the board etc is good if you want to develop and sell players but nothing else really stands out. Other than that it’s all a bit meh really. I’ll still get it but not too bothered about it this year.

On 28/09/2019 at 10:05, KenjiOgiwara said:

I wish they could add scout/player search by roles, i.e. if I want a DM it instantly adds the correct attributes like stamina, tackling, positioning etc. so I don't have to click everything. 

They already have this feature

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Where? By god yess 

Ah I think I may have misinterpreted your post.

I read it as though you wanted to scout players by positional role.

I guess you want to search for them by positional role yourself, which you can't do as you have to scout them to find it first. I would also like this added it's a right pain when I spend time scouting a player to find they are a no nonsense defender with a passing attribute of 1.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I would also love an option to turn off all the questions pre-match. It's cute for about 10 minutes, and after that just really **** annoying. 

there is, on the responsibilities bit send your assistant to press conferences

as for the scouting based on roles, I use the find similar players option when looking at players, you want a DMC with the attributes of kante? click on kante then click find similar players, easiest way of doing it and im lazy with a lot of features on this game, press conferences, talking, training etc but scouting I do pretty much all of it myself, I don't bother too much with assignments, I scour the world and request reports on individuals, I did use to have the world regen calendar so I knew which days each country had theirs generated and then say it was chile I went through their U19 team, then looked at colo colo then went and looked at Universidad maybe one more, when it was argentina I would look through 75% of the primera's youth teams trying to get a feel for it, you control the regens and you cant be touched 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No it's not? You still have to manually click send assistent every time unless I've missed something. 

somewhere that I cant remember where there is a tab for responsibilities, on there is such things as take control of training, sets scouting assignments, negotiates contracts etc, theres then a 1st team responsibilities tab which includes things like assistant manager takes control of friendlies

one of them has a press conference option for new signings, pre match, post match and tunnel interviews, set all of them to other people

I've been playing the touch version on the Switch for the last two seasons because my laptop died and I don't really want to buy a new laptop just to play FM.

The touch version is fine, but I really miss the full version and have read it's coming out on Google Stadia which is only £120ish. I've watched a few youtube videos to try and understand how it works, but I think I'd still need to run it through a PC, or directly to my TV through Chromecast.

I don't think Mrs P would be too pleased with that considering the amount of hours I put in to FM, so I think it'll be the touch version again for me this year. -_-

On 30/09/2019 at 12:14, KenjiOgiwara said:

No it's not? You still have to manually click send assistent every time unless I've missed something. 

Can't say for sure without it in front of me, but it's under the "Staff Responsibilities" tab which I'm pretty sure is either under Staff or Board.

There's a load of other tasks you can delegate including youth team copying 1st team tactics, team talks, contract/signing negotiations for youth and/or first team, assistant arranges friendlies etc.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sort out the selling of players and the stupid valuations! I know you want it to be realsitic but having to spend 20m+ in one player is no fun anymore.

Look at our summer and say its not realistic? 

Transfers have gone to shit

Another reason to go after regens

The not realistic bit is how a club will deny a £ 40 million offer for a player valued at £ 500 k. And it happens over and over.

I also would like the game to be less scripted. Did a vague test way back when I was more into cheating, and once I hit a rough patch I rebooted the game to win a final. A match the game wanted me to lose I got a red card all the time, and it happened like 32 out of 50 tries or something. While normally a red card happens about 2-3 times a season. Absolutely absurd. Yet the developers claim it's not scripted. 

Â