Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

They've implemented the fifa proposal club World Cup?? 

Its out there now but its only a suggestion, not been confirmed I don't think 

Was convinced SI had done that before and couldn't think what it was - they implemented the nations league before it became a real thing too

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They've implemented the fifa proposal club World Cup?? 

Its out there now but its only a suggestion, not been confirmed I don't think 

Was convinced SI had done that before and couldn't think what it was - they implemented the nations league before it became a real thing too

I’ll load up a screenshot later. It’s bullsh*t really. Players will get no rest. 

Thankfully all my main rivals in the Prem are in it too. 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

As much as they'll build it up as a global tournament there's no way there'll be so few European teams

They'll want that UEFA ££££££

There was one per group, and unsurprisingly they all got through. I was glad to lose in the quarters to protect my players. Liverpool and Man Utd have gone the distance to the final so hopefully derails them a bit! 

• Like 1

I’ve gone a bit mental. I’ve bid up to £200m for Mbappe, and they’ve accepted it. Didn’t expect them to. It’s 130m plus loads of add ons and if he scores 50 goals etc. 

As it’s a game do I just sign him and enjoy him and splurge my budget on him, or do I be sensible?! 

He’s still only 26 and in his prime. 

I went mad. Signed Mbappe. On an eye watering 400k a week. Scored a hat trick on his debut and 6 in his first 4. He feels like a cheat code. He’s ridiculous.
João Felix also became available. Requested a transfer from Man City as they missed the CL and I courted him saying I was interested. Sold Grealish and signed him for £70m. 

Sold a few squad players to balance the books. Probably crippled the club financially with them both but still within the budget they set, so hopefully be ok. 

Leam save update - following Prem season, I'm hovering between 6-8 with 30 games played. My young Portuguese new gen is top scorer, and I turned down bids of ~£75m on the basis that I'm happy with the squad for now (and he didn't demand to go!), and the development of facilities was aided by selling a Spanish new gen CM for £30m and my German LB new gen for £12.5m (which was cheap, I'm pretty sure he'll prove to be the best LB in the world in a few years) 

• Like 1

On 30/01/2020 at 10:18, hogso said:

Reached the Prem with Leamington Spa in 9 seasons, and survived my first season in there (14th). The initial slog in non-league, building a team good enough to get out of those 2 leagues was hard (2 seasons in the North, two in the National), then flew through to the Championship, which again, was tougher to build a good enough squad to then reach (3 seasons in the Champ), and survive, in the Prem. Very, very far off challenging for the title yet - need to build the facilities up, build reputation with some cup runs, and extend the scouting network to pick up some gems before doing that...but it' s the goal. Managed it with Nuneaton Borough last season, but I found I could sign South American/Spanish/Italian/German youngsters far more easily in that save - I had a striker who I signed in the Championship as a 17 year old for pennys, sold him for something silly like £120m 4 years later in the Prem, and he effectively funded a refurb of the facilities on his own. This save the best I've done so far is sell a young Striker to an Italian side for £13m after only 2 seasons...needed the cash.

Similar experience in my Moors save - flew up quite quickly through the leagues (took 2 seasons to get out of the National League, straight up from League Two, 2 seasons in League One) but then getting established in the Prem is hard.  Actually went up from my second season in the Championship, but came straight back down :D.  The key for getting out of there and also staying in the Prem was getting loans from the top clubs.  I had 4 wonderkids at one point and they were just amazing really.

As soon as you hit the Prem money, the game becomes easier.  I'm still going through the facilities grind, but have genuine talent and, currently, sit 4th in the table after 18 games.  Last couple of Prem seasons I've been 11th and 9th.  Steady improvement all the way.

(P.S:  Colombian youngsters)

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

All 6 of the most expensive players in the World on my save are at PSG.

Uwe Arentz (newgen) - £101m
Mario Pelletieri (newgen) - £90m
Yari Verschaeren - £89m
Kylian Mbappe - £83m
Rodrygo - £81m
Dimitar Mladenov (newgen) - £80m

They've won the last 3 CLs.  Mbappe - aged 32 - has scored 120 international goals in 175 caps.  Arentz (who is **** ridiculous) is 25yrs old and has 55 in 86 caps for Germany.

They're an absolute monster of a side.  

• Like 1

Been quiet on here for a week or so. How we all getting on?

Mbappe and Touati up front for me are ridiculous. In March and Mbappe has 32 and Touati has 28 goals. 

I’ve started playing a 3-4-3 against lesser sides, with 3 strikers, Sancho at LM as a wide playmaker, and an AMR more advanced as a winger. I felt 4-2-4 got sussed a bit and was edging games 1-0 despite dominating. Having a variation seems to throw off the opposition, and results in more goals! 

Just beat Watford 7-1 in the FA Cup quarter final, with Touati scoring 4 and assisting 2 in the F9 role. Blues are in the other semi, it is written...

The end of 2025/26 season. Won the league, FA Cup, CL, and the Euro Super Cup and Community Shield at the start of the season. Best season yet. Also managed to remain unbeaten all season and racked up 102 points and scored 99 league goals. 

ABDB03-CE-E5-F8-4564-BAB0-048-ACCEA76-D8

33018544-7-B97-4210-A2-F7-0422-AB2-A8-E3

27-A517-DD-BE69-413-F-A372-EE19-EDEC2-A3

Touati is going well and developing a bit, got 31 in all comps in the end. Mbappe outshone him, but Mbappe scored a bucket load of pens for me.

Donald Scott I signed from Derby a few seasons back For about £19m, and he is a monster for goals and assists. I play him RW, but his attributes suit an Advanced Forward. I’ve got too many to play him there!

The signing of Mbappe and João Felix last summer was great but I’m haemorrhaging money every month. Got a £211m transfer budget and 500k left in the wage budget for next season now, so might only add some youngsters and not a marquee signing this summer. Try and recoup some of the money.

I signed Brian Walker from Palace a few seasons back, and he’s worth £70m now and barely gets a kick. Scored 5 in all comps for me last season. Tempted to offload him and free up his 190k wages!! But he’s English, is the only reason I’m keeping hold of him. Love Haaland too much to sell him! 

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 3

finished my 3rd season with arsenal...

won the league again, last away game of the season was man city away which I lost blowing my unbeaten season (same thing happened with me at inter, juve last away game) last minute equaliser at home to real madrid knocked me out of the CL semi finals

aubamayang on the left wing is a monster, top scorer 2 out of the 3 seasons, pepe is shit but scores goals too, signed lautaro Martinez for quite cheap and same as my inter game he's nothing special, he's gone to barca for £115m giving me a striker problem, got £250m in the kitty and £400k a week space in wages, current team - 

livakovic

kimmich - dias - ferro - alaba

fernandes - Luis

Pepe        Aouer           Auba

???!       

with then bellerin, olmo, saka, rugani, armini, guimares, silva on the bench

need a new keeper, striker, back up left back (also just sold Tierney to PSG for £80m) and eventually replace pepe even though saka is a good youngster, had nothing come through, newgens on touch are pretty poor, did have a real life ukranian right winger tsyshankov who I sold for good profit

waiting for the update and then i'll start a villa game, confident I know the best £20-50m players on the game and a few <£10m players depending on what leagues I load up but the newgen thing will give me a problem, in my arsenal game they got relegated, lost playoff final and now finished 2nd

• Like 1

On 09/02/2020 at 08:25, villan-scott said:

Been quiet on here for a week or so. How we all getting on?

Mbappe and Touati up front for me are ridiculous. In March and Mbappe has 32 and Touati has 28 goals. 

I’ve started playing a 3-4-3 against lesser sides, with 3 strikers, Sancho at LM as a wide playmaker, and an AMR more advanced as a winger. I felt 4-2-4 got sussed a bit and was edging games 1-0 despite dominating. Having a variation seems to throw off the opposition, and results in more goals! 

Just beat Watford 7-1 in the FA Cup quarter final, with Touati scoring 4 and assisting 2 in the F9 role. Blues are in the other semi, it is written...

Will post some screenshots later.  Got my Solihull Moors side in genuine title contention - really shouldn't be, but have been on a ridiculous run of form, ended recently by a 4-0 defeat against Watford (lol).  Think I'm 1st after 24 games with a 3 or 4 point cushion... but there's only 2 points between 2nd and 6th so any real run of poor form and I'll drop away.  Was aiming for a top 6 spot this season anyway :D

Also, you know those reports linking players to other clubs?  Like "Man Utd interested in <your player> and are lining up a £76m move" or whatever.  Those figures always seem to be below what you'd accept blah blah blah.  I had one for Zapata with Man City lining up something like a £190m move!  (It didn't materialise, I wouldn't have accepted.  But still...).

Edit:  Also, wouldn't update too much with loads of newgens as they don't mean anything to anyone.  But happy to do so if you'd just like to see another game etc.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Will post some screenshots later.  Got my Solihull Moors side in genuine title contention - really shouldn't be, but have been on a ridiculous run of form, ended recently by a 4-0 defeat against Watford (lol).  Think I'm 1st after 24 games with a 3 or 4 point cushion... but there's only 2 points between 2nd and 6th so any real run of poor form and I'll drop away.  Was aiming for a top 6 spot this season anyway :D

Also, you know those reports linking players to other clubs?  Like "Man Utd interested in <your player> and are lining up a £76m move" or whatever.  Those figures always seem to be below what you'd accept blah blah blah.  I had one for Zapata with Man City lining up something like a £190m move!  (It didn't materialise, I wouldn't have accepted.  But still...).

Edit:  Also, wouldn't update too much with loads of newgens as they don't mean anything to anyone.  But happy to do so if you'd just like to see another game etc.

Nice. Sounds like you might get the CL windfall if your form continues! 

I can’t speak for everyone else but I enjoy seeing and reading about other people’s saves and the newgens within them! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

finished my 3rd season with arsenal...

won the league again, last away game of the season was man city away which I lost blowing my unbeaten season (same thing happened with me at inter, juve last away game) last minute equaliser at home to real madrid knocked me out of the CL semi finals

aubamayang on the left wing is a monster, top scorer 2 out of the 3 seasons, pepe is shit but scores goals too, signed lautaro Martinez for quite cheap and same as my inter game he's nothing special, he's gone to barca for £115m giving me a striker problem, got £250m in the kitty and £400k a week space in wages, current team - 

livakovic

kimmich - dias - ferro - alaba

fernandes - Luis

Pepe        Aouer           Auba

???!       

with then bellerin, olmo, saka, rugani, armini, guimares, silva on the bench

need a new keeper, striker, back up left back (also just sold Tierney to PSG for £80m) and eventually replace pepe even though saka is a good youngster, had nothing come through, newgens on touch are pretty poor, did have a real life ukranian right winger tsyshankov who I sold for good profit

waiting for the update and then i'll start a villa game, confident I know the best £20-50m players on the game and a few <£10m players depending on what leagues I load up but the newgen thing will give me a problem, in my arsenal game they got relegated, lost playoff final and now finished 2nd

I had the last game of the season/last few games of the season thing where the game threw in a defeat. One was against a poor West Ham away, can’t remember the other. Might have been due to a ridiculous schedule of 4 games in 7 days I think!

For your striker how about Fabio Silva, or Mbappe? Names like Haaland and Boadu have obviously come up a lot in this thread. There’s also Fiete Arp from Bayern, he’s decent. Esposito is quality too, as is Greenwood. 

22 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Nice. Sounds like you might get the CL windfall if your form continues! 

I can’t speak for everyone else but I enjoy seeing and reading about other people’s saves and the newgens within them! 

Completely blown the title challenge.  Followed up my 4-0 loss against Watford with a home loss against West Ham, an away 1-1 draw with bottom club Southampton and then a 2-2 home draw against Man Utd.  Sat in 4th, 1 point above 5th and 8 points (I think) off top.  Hoping to sneak into the CL!  Also got to the F.A. quarter finals for the first time and drawn a home tie against the only Championship side left - so maybe a cup win on the cards too.

Edited by bobzy
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Completely blown the title challenge.  Followed up my 4-0 loss against Watford with a home loss against West Ham, an away 1-1 draw with bottom club Southampton and then a 2-2 home draw against Man Utd.  Sat in 4th, 1 point above 5th and 8 points (I think) off top.  Hoping to sneak into the CL!  Also got to the F.A. quarter finals for the first time and drawn a home tie against the only Championship side left - so maybe a cup win on the cards too.

Still a chance for a good season with Top 4 and a good cup run. Hopefully your form turns back around. 

I’m in the process of clearing out a lot of my expensive squad players and replacing them with younger cheaper players. Had my second choice left back on 125k. 4th choice striker on 190k. Wasn’t sustainable. Especially with them all wanting new contracts too as they’re better than when they joined they tell me! 

• Like 1

Â