Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

An interesting thing I found: I loaded only Italy in the game (Serie C -> A) and then after the year I added England. Now pretty much all the lower leagues (vanarama N&S up to League 1) is filled of newgens and new gen managers. 

In the year 2025 on my current save, Jake Doyle-Hayes has made the media's world best XI. He left Villa in 2020 to go to Leicester, who have been an ever present in the CL, but haven't really won anything. 

47 minutes ago, hogso said:

In the year 2025 on my current save, Jake Doyle-Hayes has made the media's world best XI. He left Villa in 2020 to go to Leicester, who have been an ever present in the CL, but haven't really won anything. 

Oh... I’ve just sold him for £3m without a second thought to Reading. 

JDH is shite on mine.

In my third season I'm top of the league by 11 points and in the Champions League semi, against Liverpool (had Arsenal in the Quarters). However the game has decided to injure Boadu (currently on 49 goals overall in March/ April) so a bit of a disaster. I have a regen called Erlon Joe as backup, very good stats but dodgy in front of goal.

14 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

JDH is shite on mine.

In my third season I'm top of the league by 11 points and in the Champions League semi, against Liverpool (had Arsenal in the Quarters). However the game has decided to injure Boadu (currently on 49 goals overall in March/ April) so a bit of a disaster. I have a regen called Erlon Joe as backup, very good stats but dodgy in front of goal.

I had something similar, where I loaned out Konsa as I wasn’t using him, then in the immediate days after 3 centre backs picked up niggly injuries. 

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Oh... I’ve just sold him for £3m without a second thought to Reading. 

Yeah, it's weird. He's not worth too much, his ratings in scout reports aren't anything amazing (he'd be a decent mid table prem CM), but his average rating over the season was awesome. 

Well I won the Champions League and League double!

And it got bizarre in the window, I sold Grealish to Arsenal for £77m after multiple negotiations. United offered £121m for Abdulkadir Omur which was just insane, a good player who was a rotation option, scoring 12 goals and assisting 9 overall, too much money to give up. I also sold Meunier for £20m, very sold right back but going on 31. 

I signed Sancho for £88m and Max Aarons for £35m, also picked up Gibbs-White for £7m and looks like he will be a sold back up option. I've also picked up some amazing regens... I just saw Gabriel Jesus go to Benfica for £15m but had no place for him.

Current team is:

Maurin (regen)

Aarons               Todibo                  Armini                 Itter

Luis

Bellingham             Luiz      

Trincao                                                                      Sancho

Boadu 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well I won the Champions League and League double!

And it got bizarre in the window, I sold Grealish to Arsenal for £77m after multiple negotiations. United offered £121m for Abdulkadir Omur which was just insane, a good player who was a rotation option, scoring 12 goals and assisting 9 overall, too much money to give up. I also sold Meunier for £20m, very sold right back but going on 31. 

I signed Sancho for £88m and Max Aarons for £35m, also picked up Gibbs-White for £7m and looks like he will be a sold back up option. I've also picked up some amazing regens... I just saw Gabriel Jesus go to Benfica for £15m but had no place for him.

Current team is:

Maurin (regen)

Aarons               Todibo                  Armini                 Itter

Luis

Bellingham             Luiz      

Trincao                                                                      Sancho

Boadu 

Impressive! I’m on the verge of qualifying for the champions league in my 3rd season. 5 games left and 9 points clear of 5th. Utd in 5th and I’ve just beaten them 1-0 at OT in the last minute with a Bowen penalty. 

Will probably offload a fair few in the summer. McGinn barely gets a kick and is valued at £30m so can be reinvested elsewhere. 

Finished 3rd in the end, very happy with that. 

Had another busy summer. Sold Guilbert, McGinn and a few other fringe players. Turned away big bids for Grealish (Utd) and Boadu (Bayern). Also got rid of Onana as he was still unhappy and training poorly every week, replaced him with Lafont  

Signed Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig, Bella-Kotchep, Saka was just £19m from Arsenal and is looking good

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Finished 3rd in the end, very happy with that. 

Had another busy summer. Sold Guilbert, McGinn and a few other fringe players. Turned away big bids for Grealish (Utd) and Boadu (Bayern). Also got rid of Onana as he was still unhappy and training poorly every week, replaced him with Lafont  

Signed Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig, Bella-Kotchep, Saka was just £19m from Arsenal and is looking good

Nice one. How's Boadu getting on for you? He's scored 94 goals for me in two seasons, mental player. How much were the bids for Grealish? You might ultimately have to sell him, there's better players out there. For me after winning the Champions League he wanted a new deal, a year after giving him one, I told him no and he was really unhappy, that was the start of the end, you should be able to get quite a lot for him. For me he was scoring around 10 a season and getting 10 assists a season (in all comps), decent but hardly amazing output.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Nice one. How's Boadu getting on for you? He's scored 94 goals for me in two seasons, mental player. How much were the bids for Grealish? You might ultimately have to sell him, there's better players out there. For me after winning the Champions League he wanted a new deal, a year after giving him one, I told him no and he was really unhappy, that was the start of the end, you should be able to get quite a lot for him. For me he was scoring around 10 a season and getting 10 assists a season (in all comps), decent but hardly amazing output.

It was my first season with Boadu and he got 25 league goals and the golden boot. Not as amazing as yours but still a good return. I rotated him quite a bit with Haaland and Abraham though. Haaland got 17 league goals too. 

The last bid for Grealish was £45m and rejected. Need him for the HG quota for the champions league at the minute! His output for me is very similar to yours 10g and 10a a season.

Bayern offered £75m for Boadu, he didn’t want to leave and I had no intention of selling. 

Managed to get £28m back for Onana and sold McGinn for £25m and he never got a kick for me. Sold Andre Green for £16m too to Newcastle despite him not playing for me ever and being on loan. 

I paid £58m for Konate but he looks worth it. Got Bella Kotchep for £16m as well. Mainly because of your success with him! 

I’ve tweaked my tactic going into season 4 to a more controlling game plan and it’s paying off. Played 7 in the league won 6 lost 1. Played Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd and Spurs already. Playing a 4-2-4 with in most games now and winning most comfortably  

Won 2 from 2 in my Champions League group. Been drawn with Ajax, Zenit and Dortmund. Beat Ajax away and Zenit at home. Both convincingly. Dortmund away next up will be tough. (Over £2m per win the CL now! Mental! Will boost the bank account!

Boadu has 5 goals, Haaland 6 and Bowen 9. Spreading the load. Saka, Grealish and Douglas Luiz also chipping in. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, villan-scott said:

What a pain in the arse the 2022 World Cup in November December is. 

Sat top of the league and win my group in the CL. Things going well!

Yep just gone through that. Seem to now have two months of playing every single Saturday and Tuesday.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep just gone through that. Seem to now have two months of playing every single Saturday and Tuesday.

Yeah it’s causing huge congestion. Carabao Cup Semi is one leg at Wembley mid week. That would go down well in real life! 

How’s Boadu doing for you this season? Still decent on mind but not amazing. Mason Greenwood is ridiculous on my save. Got 30 goals by January for an impressive Utd. 

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Yeah it’s causing huge congestion. Carabao Cup Semi is one leg at Wembley mid week. That would go down well in real life! 

How’s Boadu doing for you this season? Still decent on mind but not amazing. Mason Greenwood is ridiculous on my save. Got 30 goals by January for an impressive Utd. 

Still going very well. In his first full season he scored 44 in all comps, second season scored 50 in all comps, currently on 23 goals in 26 games in Jan this season. He was also top scorer at the world cup and world player of the year lol. Currently worth £92m.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Still going very well. In his first full season he scored 44 in all comps, second season scored 50 in all comps, currently on 23 goals in 26 games in Jan this season. He was also top scorer at the world cup and world player of the year lol. Currently worth £92m.

Awesome. He’s worth £57m for me. PSG, Real Madrid and Everton snuffing around him, resisting selling him. Might sell Grealish in the summer as he’s getting unsettled. 

How are his attributes for you? Has he kicked in loads? He’s around 15’s and 16’s for me currently. 

Â