Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Won the league in my second season, Boadu scoring 42 league goals, monster.

He's someone who should be an interesting target for Villa in the real world.

Having a great season at AZ

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Won the league in my second season, Boadu scoring 42 league goals, monster.

He’s on my summer shopping list as well as Kana from Anderlecht. 

Ive loaned McTominay with a mandatory fee of £11m in the summer and also loaned Patrick Roberts for cover. 

Played Leicester first game since the new signings and Haaland pulls his hammy in the first half. Out for a month!! Wesley comes on and bags 2 in a 2-0 victory. Onana had a blinder. So much better than Heaton. Distribution is superb. 

Impressive you’ve won the league in season 2 @Dr_Pangloss how on earth did you do that. I’m just in the top half. 

Mines not too bad touch wood (never really has been either) 

Getting decent physios is usually quite easy, so are fitness coaches, the sports science side of it is harder 

Do think they've added more niggles to this one, getting a lot of injuries 1 - 3 days meaning players are carrying minor knocks in games that I have to manage but I actually think that's ok

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Farlz said:

1v1s on this game oh my god, don't think I've ever been as frustrated with an FM game as I have with this at times. 

Yeah, i think they said they're looking into it, but don't expect a patch till new year.

Gone a bit mad in my third summer with Villa. Finished 10th. 

Loads of back room contracts were up so replaced them with better and ranked the best in the league in most areas for coaching after building the coaching team over the last few years. 

Sold Wesley, Mings, Targett, Steer, Hourihane, Engels and Hause so got a decent fund. Bought Kana, Palacios, Boadu, Kehrer, Chukwueze, Elvedi and a few youngsters and new gens for the youth teams. 

Hoping to crack the top 6 this season. Wolves won the league in my second season!

Edited by villan-scott

Started a 3rd game... Now playing as benfica because in my other 2 games they were selling £50m players left right and centre

It might actually be more challenging than it sounds, Porto won the league losing 1 and drawing 1, benfica have got several quality players mainly young and they have wage problems because the squad is **** huge! so it could make a good game, the only thing I'm not sure of is because it's on the touch and the player interaction stuff isn't there you don't get unhappy players trying to force transfers 

Ive had 3 monster sessions on this one, Friday and Saturday whilst binging the witcher and then flying home yesterday, started it Thursday I think and must be close to the 15 hour mark on it 

On 19/12/2019 at 16:13, villan-scott said:

He’s on my summer shopping list as well as Kana from Anderlecht. 

Ive loaned McTominay with a mandatory fee of £11m in the summer and also loaned Patrick Roberts for cover. 

Played Leicester first game since the new signings and Haaland pulls his hammy in the first half. Out for a month!! Wesley comes on and bags 2 in a 2-0 victory. Onana had a blinder. So much better than Heaton. Distribution is superb. 

Impressive you’ve won the league in season 2 @Dr_Pangloss how on earth did you do that. I’m just in the top half. 

It just happened, it was like the game was willing me to win. Basically Bellingham, Boadu, Itter, Grealish, Luiz, Luis become very good players. I had Mahrez on loan who was god like at times. I sold Engels for £60m to some random Chinese team and bought Todibo from Barca who quickly matured into a really good centre half.  I also tinker around with tactics a lot which seems to work

I'm in Dec in my third season now, just won my Champions League Group and am top, but am losing more games in the league than last season and will struggle to win the league this time, my team currently is:

Maignan

Meunier             Bella-Kotchap                 Todibo                  Itter

Luis

Luiz                         Bellingham 

Abdulkadir                                                                 Grealish

Boadu

Good players on the bench include Trincao, Berardi, Sean Longstaff, Armini, Konsa, Ait-Nouri and a regen called 'Erlon Joe' who is a pretty amazing forward already.

• Like 1

5 games in including the cup game. Won 4 drew 1 conceded 0. 

Boadu amongst the goals with 3 already. Haaland injured knee ligaments in the summer so missed all pre season and just coming back now. Not had a run of games with him yet because of injury.

My team is coming on nicely now. 

Onana wants to leave as I broke a promise to try and sign a friend for him. Despite already having a couple of Ajax players signed before he arrived. He needs to get over himself!  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Did you have a look at Kana? What’s your thoughts? I’m in my third season and picked him up in the summer for about £25m I think it was. 

Very average on mine TBH, worse than Konsa 3 seasons in but potential ability isn't fixed so could be a lot better on yours.

Brexit is a massive headache for me, it's gone through and I now have to sign more English players. The good thing is I have scouted and signed a number of quality looking regens who will hopefully turn into top players, after like 3 years they will be considered 'home grown'.

I'm eying up Max Aarons at right back. Meuiner has been solid but going on 31 soon so a quality English right back will help with my quota. Although I'm looking at shifting Grealish at the end of the season, should get £60m-£70m and I have better wingers coming through. Trincao in particular looking very good now.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Very average on mine TBH, worse than Konsa 3 seasons in but potential ability isn't fixed so could be a lot better on yours.

Brexit is a massive headache for me, it's gone through and I now have to sign more English players. The good thing is I have scouted and signed a number of quality looking regens who will hopefully turn into top players, after like 3 years they will be considered 'home grown'.

I'm eying up Max Aarons at right back. Meuiner has been solid but going on 31 soon so a quality English right back will help with my quota. Although I'm looking at shifting Grealish at the end of the season, should get £60m-£70m and I have better wingers coming through. Trincao in particular looking very good now.

I’m playing him as a DLP and has 14, 15’s across key stats already at the age of 19. Looking good so far. Konsa is still around but on the bench and reserved for me. Álvarez and Kehler first choice pairing for me and solid. 

Max Aaron’s is a Liverpool player on mine. Hopefully gets unhappy not playing and get a bargain. 

Just agreed a deal to buy a transfer listed Abraham for £12m as third choice striker. despite his value being £25m. Decent investment if nothing else. 

Coming to the end of Feb and sat in 3rd position 8 clear of Utd in 5th. 

Boadu has 16 goals, Haaland 14, Bowen 13 so goals being spread nicely. 

Mixing up my formation between 4-1-4-1 DM or 4-2-4 depending on opposition. Haaland and Boadu make a nice partnership 😍 Abraham has chipped in a with a few goals from the bench already. 

Be gutted to miss Champions League now, so hope I can maintain it. 

On 21/12/2019 at 09:17, villa4europe said:

Mines not too bad touch wood (never really has been either) 

Getting decent physios is usually quite easy, so are fitness coaches, the sports science side of it is harder 

Do think they've added more niggles to this one, getting a lot of injuries 1 - 3 days meaning players are carrying minor knocks in games that I have to manage but I actually think that's ok

I agree with the last part... making it more 'realistic' I guess.

But like in my save (I'm Avellino in Serie b )I've gotten maybe 6-7 loans. I don't know if it's a bug or anything. 

On 21/12/2019 at 18:01, Farlz said:

1v1s on this game oh my god, don't think I've ever been as frustrated with an FM game as I have with this at times. 

This has also been a huge problem. Every game there's at least 1 goal line clearance from each side (and I don't even remember a 1v1 being scored yet) 

Â