Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

after some good free transfers I think in season 4 I've finally got a good Benfica team that can compete in the CL, was getting out the group every year but losing in the next round, this year got Atletico, Dortmund and celtic and beat all 3 away from home

Livakovic

hysaj   VVD   Dias   Grimaldo

Luis    Szoboszlai

J Rodriguez

Bernadeshi                      Rafa

Haaland

Then got ferro, luis suarez, unacar and newgens on the bench, struggling to find a really good keeper and then newgens for back up at the wing backs, suarez has been disappointing, thought I could play him vs the shite in the league and keep haaland fit, Szoboszlai is a great player, him, VVD, dias and grimaldo all have 5 star ratings

its slightly harder than I thought, the CL obviously is hard but the league is difficult too, you cant drop more than 10 points + get the results in the games vs them or porto will win it, lost 5-2 vs them away in the league and im now in mid/late November, they have a 100% record and that's the only points I've dropped

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

after some good free transfers I think in season 4 I've finally got a good Benfica team that can compete in the CL, was getting out the group every year but losing in the next round, this year got Atletico, Dortmund and celtic and beat all 3 away from home

Livakovic

hysaj   VVD   Dias   Grimaldo

Luis    Szoboszlai

J Rodriguez

Bernadeshi                      Rafa

Haaland

Then got ferro, luis suarez, unacar and newgens on the bench, struggling to find a really good keeper and then newgens for back up at the wing backs, suarez has been disappointing, thought I could play him vs the shite in the league and keep haaland fit, Szoboszlai is a great player, him, VVD, dias and grimaldo all have 5 star ratings

its slightly harder than I thought, the CL obviously is hard but the league is difficult too, you cant drop more than 10 points + get the results in the games vs them or porto will win it, lost 5-2 vs them away in the league and im now in mid/late November, they have a 100% record and that's the only points I've dropped

What a team!

Livakovic is world class on my save. Tried to sign him before I got Lafont but he chose Dortmund over me at Villa. Strangely Szoboszlai is at Dortmund too on my save and top class. 

Ive not tapped into free transfers all that much. Signed Arp from Bayern on a free, and I’ve agreed a deal to sign Dominguez the Argentine CM from Bologna, who’s classed at ‘World Class’ on my save. 

How does Haaland do for you?

30 a season, he's "normal" scores vs everyone too, dippy teams, big games, Cup finals 

James Rodriguez got what might be my best assist haul ever in a season, something like 26 last season, the team has goals in it, haaland will get 30 and then 5 or 6 players will get double figures

Never had a crazy 50/60 goal a season striker, might be the tactics I'm not sure 

28 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I f**king hate Mason Greenwood on my save. I tend to get the better of Utd every game now, and dominate. Win the majority of games against them. However, he is just ridiculous. I can’t seem to counter him strolling through and scoring every time I play them. We’re in January and he has 36 goals in all competitions. 

Haaland has smashed this season is on 35 and Boadu on 16, I think their development has escalated now I’m a Champions League regular and competing for more silverware. Their attributes have increased more rapidly this season and classed as ‘Elite Strikers’ now. 

Had a bit of clear out in this Jan window as Abraham, Chukwueze and McTominay weren’t happy with their game time. Sold TA for £36m only signed him for £12m. Sold Chuk for 37m and McTominay for £25m. Will probably sit on it and hope for a bigger summer budget. 

Greenwood isn't up to a huge deal for me but Rhian Brewster is doing a similar thing for Liverpool as Greenwood is doing for United on your save.

Boadu literally hitting 50+ a season for me now, close to 200 goals for the club!

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Greenwood isn't up to a huge deal for me but Rhian Brewster is doing a similar thing for Liverpool as Greenwood is doing for United on your save.

Boadu literally hitting 50+ a season for me now, close to 200 goals for the club!

I think because I play 2 up front they goals are spread between the 2. I am only at the end of Jan 2024. So I’m hoping for 50 for Haaland and 30 for Boadu this season which would be an amazing return. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Can’t seem to see it, am I being daft?

You have to opt in to get patch betas.

- Open Steam
- Go to 'Football Manager 2020' within your Steam Library
- Right-Click on the game and select 'Properties'
- Select the 'Beta' tab
- Via the 'Select the beta you would like to opt into' dropdown, select 'public beta'
- Click 'Close'

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Daniel said:

You have to opt in to get patch betas.

- Open Steam
- Go to 'Football Manager 2020' within your Steam Library
- Right-Click on the game and select 'Properties'
- Select the 'Beta' tab
- Via the 'Select the beta you would like to opt into' dropdown, select 'public beta'
- Click 'Close'

I haven't got a drop down menu on mine. Just says NONE: Opt out of all Betas and I can't change it.

48 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I haven't got a drop down menu on mine. Just says NONE: Opt out of all Betas and I can't change it.

Make sure you have exited out of the game before selecting the beta option from the drop down menu

yep that's the way to stop it, negotiate the deal with something you know they wont agree to

and I thought they scrapped the option for after international games for ze germans, unless you've deleted the file, he cant get called up on the standard game because of them not being on it (which ive never understood)

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yep that's the way to stop it, negotiate the deal with something you know they wont agree to

and I thought they scrapped the option for after international games for ze germans, unless you've deleted the file, he cant get called up on the standard game because of them not being on it (which ive never understood)

The international appearance thing works for Germans on my save as I’ve abused it myself! Naughty naughty! 

• Like 1

Think I jinxed Haaland when I posted about him. He had scored 35 by January, I’m now in March and he’s still on 35!! Didn’t score for a few games then damaged ankle ligaments. Went on international duty before kicking a ball for me and got injured again!

Luckily Boadu is among the goals and my new gen Big Brian Walker has hit double figures in that time. 

Won the Carabao Cup. Into the FA Cup Semis. Just smashed Milan 6-2 to make the CL Semis, and top of the league by 10 points. Things are going well!

Fired up a psg game so I could have another look at boadu, came up as an 84 (haaland a 66) so put a bid in

Ended up at £20m up front, £35m over 12 months, another £27m in bonuses, 50% profit and a friendly

Madness

How much have you got him for at villa? 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Fired up a psg game so I could have another look at boadu, came up as an 84 (haaland a 66) so put a bid in

Ended up at £20m up front, £35m over 12 months, another £27m in bonuses, 50% profit and a friendly

Madness

How much have you got him for at villa? 

Wow! No where near that much! From memory about £38m all in!

• Like 1

Â