Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

For some reason Costa Rica has provided me with a fair few regen RBs over the years

I think it reflects the real world, there aren't that many about, it's not hyperbole to suggest TAA is the best RB in the world, or why dani Alves spent so long as the best, there isn't a whole lot of competition

LB is the same 

If you want a cheapish one at the start then hysaj or henrichs will cost around £10m

• Like 1

And with scouting Costa Rica for good players I can remember one game from the workshop that somehow randomised the youth set ups for each country, changed the production stats so you couldn't just scour Brazil or argentina or the top 10 African countries, you had to do the lot, great game that was 

Most random one I've seen was a Jamaican kid who was the 2nd coming of messi, man City signed him before I saw him 

44 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

What dates go the regens come in around the world? Is there a list? Wanna try and get my scouting set up in prep

There will be somewhere - personally I hate all that, though.  I just play it "without help" and see how it all goes.  Same with tactics; I don't look up the best ones online and then play so I dominate everything and have a 70 goal a season striker.  Just zero fun.

In short, if you do find it etc., please spoiler it in here :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And with scouting Costa Rica for good players I can remember one game from the workshop that somehow randomised the youth set ups for each country, changed the production stats so you couldn't just scour Brazil or argentina or the top 10 African countries, you had to do the lot, great game that was 

Most random one I've seen was a Jamaican kid who was the 2nd coming of messi, man City signed him before I saw him 

Got a fairly beasty Canadian wonderkid at Milan on my save.  Thought he might've come through their ranks via feeder club or whatever - nope, they bought him from Toronto FC :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Can you start the game by sacking people like Director's of football if you want?

I'm sure you used to be able to?

Yeah you’re in control of that. I’ve got rid of Suso, and got a Technical Director in too. 

I tend to use them for negotiating staff contracts I want to keep but can’t be bothered to go through and do them all the end of every season. 

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Touati did alright...

D747-C49-E-AC28-4-E53-BBEC-0-BB5-F362-F5

21 goals in 27 games for me this season too. 

However, I’ve noticed a couple of my new gens, including Touati have had their attributes decrease a bit. Anyone got any experience of this and preventing it?

This happens all the time to me, attributes seem to bounce up and down. Sometimes they seem to be down for ages. E.g. Boadu went up to 17 for pace for a while and then down to 16 for several months. Made no practical difference on the pitch though, I don't think it's much to worry about if the player is still performing well.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Thanks 1

On 14/01/2020 at 16:16, villan-scott said:

Zapata looks good! Good be a very good player for you. 

I think I'm a season and a bit down the line from this and the best/worst is starting to happen.

Zapata is starting to come good and had a 10 goal/10 assist league season last year for a side that finished 9th... but now we've hit summer and there's "major interest" from Paris SG, Man City, Tottenham and Liverpool.  I'm in June 2030 and, thankfully, he's contracted until 2034 with no minimum fee release clause.

However, that whole "unhappy player" cycle is about to start... :(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think I'm a season and a bit down the line from this and the best/worst is starting to happen.

Zapata is starting to come good and had a 10 goal/10 assist league season last year for a side that finished 9th... but now we've hit summer and there's "major interest" from Paris SG, Man City, Tottenham and Liverpool.  I'm in June 2030 and, thankfully, he's contracted until 2034 with no minimum fee release clause.

However, that whole "unhappy player" cycle is about to start... :(

I seem to struggle to keep players happy. They’re very quick to throw their toys out the park if they’re not playing. And never went to accept a lesser role in the squad. 

Ive taken a no nonsense approach and if they don’t like it I sell them. Seems to work so far. Then reinvest in younger players willing to bide their time. 

Got a few new newgens to upload later. Finally got a good left back, 20 year old Romanian! 

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I pretty much have a conveyor belt and recycle a lot of my first team every 3-4 seasons. Ultimately players get unhappy about contracts and when you negotiate they want ridiculous appearance fees, at that point I get rid of them. 

Yeah, I try to do the same but that’s an easier approach to take when you’re properly one of the big clubs. As mid-table Prem, it’s hard to push on and also retain enough young talent to break through! 

Budget will be at £71m next season apparently, though, which is massive for the Moors. 

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Also, I remove absolutely everything from contracts :D. All my players have straight forward weekly wages and goal scoring/team of the year bonuses. That’s it - nothing else. 

Some demands do my head in. What I hate is the wage rise after so many games. Had players wanting to double their money after 10/20 games! 

Also hate the sell on percentage for players too. Greedy sods.

Â