Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

I used to play this game a fair bit, but the post above just reminded me why I didn't keep at it. So stupid to just farm brazilian youngsters and them automatically being a better option in the English league than British players. Just stupid to me. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I used to play this game a fair bit, but the post above just reminded me why I didn't keep at it. So stupid to just farm brazilian youngsters and them automatically being a better option in the English league than British players. Just stupid to me. 

Not necessarily better but a lot cheaper. I can post my English ones if you’d like?

Plus on the game Brexit happens which can go one of two ways. Luckily I don’t need work permits on mine so can get these Brazilians, whereas others in this group have had a different Brexit so wouldn’t be able to sign them. 

16 hours ago, bobzy said:

Also, I remove absolutely everything from contracts :D. All my players have straight forward weekly wages and goal scoring/team of the year bonuses. That’s it - nothing else. 

im the opposite, shave around 25% the wage demands but then throw in daft bonuses, CB is getting £1m if he gets 15 goals, back up RB is getting £2m if he gets in the team of the year

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

im the opposite, shave around 25% the wage demands but then throw in daft bonuses, CB is getting £1m if he gets 15 goals, back up RB is getting £2m if he gets in the team of the year

That's probably a decent shout to be fair.  I just like the clarity and lack of fuss :D 

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

that's one of the changes on touch, there aren't masses of Brazilian and Argentinian world beater regens (unless you load the league as playable)

they're much harder to find

15 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

How’s your form holding up now?

How did you set up in the end to put that run together as that’s mighty impressive for the first season with Villa?

Drew 0-0 with Tottenham. Beat City 2-0 (88th and 91st minute goals). Beat Fulham 3-1 and beat Wolves 3-0. That's all I've done since.

Untitled.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Drew 0-0 with Tottenham. Beat City 2-0 (88th and 91st minute goals). Beat Fulham 3-1 and beat Wolves 3-0. That's all I've done since.

Untitled.jpg

Love it. Like your set up too. Clearly a lot of thought gone in to that! Fair play for landing Haaland season 1 too. How much did you have to pay?

I’m in 2025 and he still starts for me and is worth about £70m so he’s a good investment!

Well this season I made £450m on sales and spent like £30m on prospects. The newgens that have come in look fantastic but time will tell. Just did the league and champions league double, 3rd league in a row, 2nd champions league in a row.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Love it. Like your set up too. Clearly a lot of thought gone in to that! Fair play for landing Haaland season 1 too. How much did you have to pay?

I’m in 2025 and he still starts for me and is worth about £70m so he’s a good investment!

I get A LOT of yellow cards but it's working! Guilbert has 10 already and it's only December haha.

Sold a few early and got a bit more in the funds, got him for £18m plus add ons (3m @ 20 international appearances, 3m at 50 league appearances, 3m at 50 league goals, 25% profit on next sale) . Something like that anyway.

16 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I get A LOT of yellow cards but it's working! Guilbert has 10 already and it's only December haha.

Sold a few early and got a bit more in the funds, got him for £18m plus add ons (3m @ 20 international appearances, 3m at 50 league appearances, 3m at 50 league goals, 25% profit on next sale) . Something like that anyway.

Good deal then!

I get a lot of yellows too. One season Lucas Hernandez got 31 yellows in all competitions. It was ridiculous. Needless to say he spent a lot of time suspended! 

25 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well this season I made £450m on sales and spent like £30m on prospects. The newgens that have come in look fantastic but time will tell. Just did the league and champions league double, 3rd league in a row, 2nd champions league in a row.

Sounds good. Do you still have Boadu and Bella-Kotchap starting for you? I’ve ended up selling Bella-Kotchap too as he was unhappy with playing time, so sold him for about £50m. Squad players hold good value when you’re winning the league and doing well in Europe. A good way to make profit and reinvest. 

Edited by villan-scott

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Good deal then!

I get a lot of yellows too. One season Lucas Hernandez got 31 yellows in all competitions. It was ridiculous. Needless to say he spent a lot of time suspended! 

Sounds good. Do you still have Boadu and Bella-Kotchap starting for you? I’ve ended up selling Bella-Kotchap too as he was unhappy with playing time, so sold him for about £50m. Squad players hold good value when you’re winning the league and doing well in Europe. A good way to make profit and reinvest. 

I sold Bella-Kotchap for £70m which was amazing as he was never a starter for me. My centre half pairing is Todibo and Armini. Boadu is still going strong, 61 goals in all comps last season, well over 200 for me in 5 seasons!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hornso said:

Having you guys been getting Haaland straight away? I'm playing the Switch version and I can agree to a fee with Salzburg but he won't even enter negotiations with me.

I was in my second season. Lucky for me he was still at Salzburg

Won the league and Champions League in 2025, qualified for the Club World Cup. Thought great...

Its scheduled for mid-June! And there’s about 24 teams in it with all top European clubs! What’s all that about?! Going to murder my players with that scheduling. Some are off on internationals then straight into that, then pre season it looks like. Crazy!

Anyone else had this?

Reached the Prem with Leamington Spa in 9 seasons, and survived my first season in there (14th). The initial slog in non-league, building a team good enough to get out of those 2 leagues was hard (2 seasons in the North, two in the National), then flew through to the Championship, which again, was tougher to build a good enough squad to then reach (3 seasons in the Champ), and survive, in the Prem. Very, very far off challenging for the title yet - need to build the facilities up, build reputation with some cup runs, and extend the scouting network to pick up some gems before doing that...but it' s the goal. Managed it with Nuneaton Borough last season, but I found I could sign South American/Spanish/Italian/German youngsters far more easily in that save - I had a striker who I signed in the Championship as a 17 year old for pennys, sold him for something silly like £120m 4 years later in the Prem, and he effectively funded a refurb of the facilities on his own. This save the best I've done so far is sell a young Striker to an Italian side for £13m after only 2 seasons...needed the cash.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Won the league and Champions League in 2025, qualified for the Club World Cup. Thought great...

Its scheduled for mid-June! And there’s about 24 teams in it with all top European clubs! What’s all that about?! Going to murder my players with that scheduling. Some are off on internationals then straight into that, then pre season it looks like. Crazy!

Anyone else had this?

I've won the champions league several times and have never played in the world club cup or whatever it's called, weird.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've won the champions league several times and have never played in the world club cup or whatever it's called, weird.

There was a gap from 2021 to 2025 where there was no competition. I guess because of Olympics, World Cups and Euros etc. Now they’ve chucked in a massive one with loads of teams. 

What year are you in? I’ve just finished 2024/25 and won the Champions League this year and in 2023. 

Â