Cameron Archer

Zatman

I think he's in the best set up he can get. Sheffield primarily play with a two up top which will benefit him to take the load off the hold up play and Sheffield need someone that can score a goal off limited chances.

Still expect 10+ goals but lots of games where he's anonymous.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How is archer doing? After seeing his debut where he was amazing i watched a gme or two and wasnt really great.

Wondering if anyone has been following him more than me and how he is doing?

Haven’t watched him at all.

Based on a quick read of the thoughts of Sheffield United supporters, some aren’t impressed while others are more of the opinion he’s doing what he can but has little hope of shining in their team as they’re pretty bad.

Still some uncertainty over the finer details of the buy back clause. If there’s no obligation for us to do so upon their possible (probable) relegation, I doubt we will activate it.

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It doesnt look good at the moment. I think its getting harder and harder for newly promoted clubs. The gap between the Premier League and the championship has never been wider.

I think leicester will break that mould

Tbf i think forest have done well

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It doesnt look good at the moment. I think its getting harder and harder for newly promoted clubs. The gap between the Premier League and the championship has never been wider.

Agree

Especially when you throw in loans while down there

The idea of doing a Fulham or doing a Villa is the reality of what needs to be done, maybe not so much doing a forest

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How is archer doing? After seeing his debut where he was amazing i watched a gme or two and wasnt really great.

Wondering if anyone has been following him more than me and how he is doing?

Well since the thread stopped getting bumped for taking pops at Ollie and Duran you can say it has gone quiet

I doubt he will be happy as he wont get any service

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Well since the thread stopped getting bumped for taking pops at Ollie and Duran you can say it has gone quiet

I doubt he will be happy as he wont get any service

Guess sheff utd know they are going down and they know that archer will likely be a beast at championship level to get them back up next season if they go down

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

People keep saying this but last season all three promoted sides stayed up for the first time in ages. Think the more salient fact is that both Luton and Sheff Utd came up with crap squads and no money to spend. 

• 3 weeks later...

Dropped to the bench for today's game against Arsenal.

Hope the rumours of us having to buy him back If they get relegated aren't true. Would be worrying if we have to blow £20 Million of our budget on a player who wont improve us 
image.thumb.png.a48143bc26fb96129fabac77e0019d7e.png

Edited by Pongo Waring

31 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Hope the rumours of us having to buy him back If they get relegated aren't true. Would be worrying if we have to blow £20 Million of our budget on a player who wont improve us 

Tactical he will come on second half but would be naive to start with two up front ar Arsenal. Anyway 2-0 now so hasn't worked 

51 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

I think it’d be fine for us tbh. It’d net out to essentially being a loan where we paid some of the wages.

I’m sure we’d be able to sell him again if we wanted to. He won’t suddenly become crap even if he has a bad season in the PL.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

That would make zero sense and I cannot imagine us agreeing to such a thing at all. 

We agree to sell a player, but if that player goes there and plays like a turnip for the season, and the team get themselves relegated, then we have to buy him back? Nah. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 3

Archer has had a raw deal going there, he would have suited the team under wilder with their fullbacks cutting back a lot more. He will be a beast in the championship and I’m confident we won’t have to buy him back if they relegate, not that it would be a bad thing. 

Â