Cameron Archer

Zatman

12 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It sort of just wasn't his day. That's how I see it. He came close to scoring, he just by a whisker went offsides twice in great positions, he missed a pen shot the fulham keeper expertly stopped, etc. You hearing a theme here? Almost but not quite. I think he has earned more chances to prove himself despite a lack of results he himself was clearly frustrated by.

So we must all be grateful that Unai and co make the decisions these days snd not us or any of the recent past managers. Not including Dean, I’m sure you all know who I’m including!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lexicon said:

And let's hope he's as good as Heung Min Son

Time will tell. In the meantime we can trust Unai to make the right decisions on him and the rest of the squad. We can be reasonably confident that he will. He can continue to improve the players as individuals but with the amount of games we hopefully have in front of us, there is no doubt that where we see opportunities in the market we should continue to try to make decisions that will also strengthen us. Injuries and rotation are now big parts of the game and we have a manager who along with the club’s senior backroom staff understand and are fully on board with this progressive and modern way of squad management. This isn’t 1981, sadly, so 13 players are no longer enough to cut it at the highest level, which is where we want to be. 

He could so easily have had 2 goals next to his name against Fulham, bar from good goal keeping.

I wonder what the narrative, would have been then?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Time will tell. In the meantime we can trust Unai to make the right decisions on him and the rest of the squad. We can be reasonably confident that he will. He can continue to improve the players as individuals but with the amount of games we hopefully have in front of us, there is no doubt that where we see opportunities in the market we should continue to try to make decisions that will also strengthen us. Injuries and rotation are now big parts of the game and we have a manager who along with the club’s senior backroom staff understand and are fully on board with this progressive and modern way of squad management. This isn’t 1981, sadly, so 13 players are no longer enough to cut it at the highest level, which is where we want to be. 

I don't remember that part of the song

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

It's the ridiculously long start of the music video, just like with Bad and Thriller, that go on for several minutes before the music starts.

I'm choosing to read it in the voice of Patrick Bateman. 

Lots of development needed. He needs to get the ball to stick to him up top. All well and good he’s got a poachers instinct but the modern game needs way more than a poacher. 

18 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Another Championship loan would be a complete waste of time. He'll be fine as a backup. 

No he won’t, he needs to starting week in week out and he won’t get nor deserve that here. I’d sell him now whilst his value is at its best to us - but insert a buyback clause. Best for him and is IMO 

not done enough to stake a claim for a first team slot imo, looks too raw still in terms of overall ability.

Clearly a clinical finisher, but his all round game defo isnt there yet.

Prob another loan i would guess.

• Like 1

Hopefully we'll be playing some team from the Luxembourg league in the playoff and then the 6th placed team in the Hungarian league in the group stage

He's ready for that

If he's not ready for the PL then I don't see a huge benefit in another championship loan, surely it'd be better keeping him at VP coaching him what he needs to be and giving him 5 to 10 mins every now and then

He's another that I don't see leaving until Jan at the earliest, losing him now makes next to no sense

• Like 1

I thought he may have been up against Ollie for the striker position, but I actually think he's more of the second striker (unfortunately for Cam as he's up against a ruck of players there)

He can't do what Ollie does in leading the line, but he can finish very, very well.

Makes me think he be lethal feeding off Ollie and working with him at the top end of the pitch rather than replacing him.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

No he won’t, he needs to starting week in week out and he won’t get nor deserve that here. I’d sell him now whilst his value is at its best to us - but insert a buyback clause. Best for him and is IMO 

Buyback clauses are useless unless your an elite team

• Like 1

Â