Cameron Archer

Zatman

I remain a lot less convinced than many on here that Archer will become quite the player they have in mind. We've had no choice but to keep him on this season because we don't have very many options up front. I think training here with the players we have and the managers he's working his way through will help him during his career, but for him personally  it's probably a pity that he couldn't get a loan in the first half of the season. 

If we buy well in January, hopefully we can get him that loan and either keep him as a back up or find better value for him in the summer.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I remain a lot less convinced than many on here that Archer will become quite the player they have in mind. We've had no choice but to keep him on this season because we don't have very many options up front. I think training here with the players we have and the managers he's working his way through will help him during his career, but for him personally  it's probably a pity that he couldn't get a loan in the first half of the season. 

If we buy well in January, hopefully we can get him that loan and either keep him as a back up or find better value for him in the summer.

I'd agree on this, he did well on loan last season but I haven't seen anything that suggests he will go on to play regularly at a higher level. We shall see.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

I'd agree on this, he did well on loan last season but I haven't seen anything that suggests he will go on to play regularly at a higher level. We shall see.

He's not had the chance so how can you say that? Unless you're at the training ground everyday

Edited by messi11
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, messi11 said:

He's not had the chance so how can you say that? Unless you're at the training ground everyday

I've seen him in u18s, on loan, in the u21s/u23s and the first team. That is what I base my opinion on, like it or lump it!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, May-Z said:

I look at Summerville at Leeds and think Archer could be having a similar output of he was given the same opportunities.

I think that is a very harsh comparison to make.

Summerville is ahead of Archer in terms of development and they are different archetypes 

I think he is more of a pure goal poacher and won't get involved very much like a Watkins unless we are controlling games.

I think Unai long term wants runners. Even the number 9.

Not sure Archer ever is gonna be that player.

Edited by Pinebro

8 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think that is a very harsh comparison to make.

Summerville is ahead of Archer in terms of development and they are different archetypes 

So, if Archer had 16 apps (including 10 starts) you don't think he'd have around 4 goals in that time?

On 13/11/2022 at 11:36, supermon said:

Thought he did well when he came on, showed tenacity and strength. Will only get better

I thought he looked a bit lost and was slow to react when the ball changed possession or field.    But it’s really hard to judge those things on tv when it’s focused (too tightly) on the ball.  

15 hours ago, May-Z said:

So, if Archer had 16 apps (including 10 starts) you don't think he'd have around 4 goals in that time?

It's hard to asses if you are estimating this 4 goal tally based on Summerville's performances.

There has been a lot of dysfunction in this squad and goals have been hard to come by for the large portion of the season.

17 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I think he is more of a pure goal poacher and won't get involved very much like a Watkins unless we are controlling games.

I think Unai long term wants runners. Even the number 9.

Not sure Archer ever is gonna be that player.

Not so sure about that. Think it was Forest away, he was coming deep and looking for it. Had one nice dribble, put a neat ball into Watkins and wanted the return. Watkins took a poor touch and he never got it back. I need to see more of him but that linkup attempt looked a very natural part of his game to me.

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Not so sure about that. Think it was Forest away, he was coming deep and looking for it. Had one nice dribble, put a neat ball into Watkins and wanted the return. Watkins took a poor touch and he never got it back. I need to see more of him but that linkup attempt looked a very natural part of his game to me.

After Liverpool and Spurs, we have two home games vs Wolves and Leeds, the latter two are games Archer could feature in.  If we don't see him much in any of them games, he should be loaned out for the reamainder of the season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

After Liverpool and Spurs, we have two home games vs Wolves and Leeds, the latter two are games Archer could feature in.  If we don't see him much in any of them games, he should be loaned out for the reamainder of the season.

I think he will be loaned out in january personally. Id see if rangers or celtic wanted him on loan or someone like QPR in championship 

Â