Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

6 hours ago, TRO said:

Douglas Luiz is far and way better than  the earlier version , under previous managers.

I was never quite convinced on the earlier version.....but I am now.

I would still like to see him further forward, but his time in defensive duties, will serve him well, in his overall game.

Its quite obvious, he loves being at the club, and that is a huge filip.

I am very much back in the groove, with Dougie and enjoying his play.

one of the first names on the team sheet now, with his injury record being a plus.

class player.

A manager playing him and kamara together with a proper plan for them makes a world of difference and I know kamara wasn’t playing Saturday but dougie seems to have grown in confidence and intelligence since playing with kamara and that’s paying off in his all around game even when he hasn’t got his mate next to him

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There was an outbreak of "Douglas Luiz" sung to the same tune that West Ham and Spurs use for Antonio after his goal.

It's not the most imaginative, but I'd hope we can at least get some noise going for him.

Thank you for this, I thought I was dreaming it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Whoop whoop thats the sound of the Luiz

Who let the Doug out 

Hide contents

Dougie Dougie Dougie , cant you see, sometimes your corners just hypnotise me 

I don't know that third song, the hidden contents one, but the first two both made me laugh. Classic tunes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robby b said:

I don't know that third song, the hidden contents one, but the first two both made me laugh. Classic tunes.

Edited by Ginko
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

A manager playing him and kamara together with a proper plan for them makes a world of difference and I know kamara wasn’t playing Saturday but dougie seems to have grown in confidence and intelligence since playing with kamara and that’s paying off in his all around game even when he hasn’t got his mate next to him

I agree.

24 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

spacer.png

How he has dealt with the failed Arsenal bid has made me appreciate him more. He could have sulked a bit, but he put a smile on his face,  played the best football he’s played since he’s been with us, signed a new contract and is reaching cult hero status. He might not be with us for as long as we would like him to be but he’s conducted himself very well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

With no disrespect to any other player, i think he is our main/most important player.  If he was to go, we would find it very hard to replace him.

I agree. He's moving through gears improving all the time. Such an intelligent and technically gifted footballer. The architype Brasilian footballer. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

How he has dealt with the failed Arsenal bid has made me appreciate him more. He could have sulked a bit, but he put a smile on his face,  played the best football he’s played since he’s been with us, signed a new contract and is reaching cult hero status. He might not be with us for as long as we would like him to be but he’s conducted himself very well. 

Tbf he's conducted himself very well since the day he joined us. Love the guy! Glad he's finally being more widely appreciated.

Edited by Tom13

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Loved when he made a mug out of 100M Enzo and dribbled all the way out pressure to launch another attack in the first half. 

Was that for the goal? Or was it someone else he dribbled away from for that?

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Was that for the goal? Or was it someone else he dribbled away from for that?

I misremembered, it was Havertz he shook off and hit the pass that led to the Watkins goal. 

Â