Your all-time "seen in person" XI

kurtsimonw

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He was good when I watched him.

You must have saw him during the 6 week period he was fit 😋

The Man City team of 2017-18, plus Adam Webster, could arguably put one or two of the Man Utd team that season in too.

Also saw Yilmaz, Hasan Sas, Hakan Sukur, Ümit Karan and Necati Ates for Galatasary when I was 11, a few of which were part of the Turkey side who came third at the 2002 World Cup. Sadly too late to see Hagi play.

Plus saw Fabregas make his senior debut alongside what was a mostly team of "what happened to them" names- Hoyte, Soler, Aliadiere, Thomas. And a couple of more well known players from that period at Arsenal; Edu, Kanu, Clichy and Cygan.

• Like 2

On 12/07/2019 at 14:34, theboyangel said:

Although i’ve seen the likes of Henry, Ronaldo et al playing live, one of the strikers that sticks in my mind is Christian Vieri.

he was a beast and recall seeing him play against us for Atletico Madrid in the UEFA cup.

we were linked with him for a while, he would have been brilliant in the Premier League. 

Good shout. He was immense 

I believe we were very close to signing him. Then in the summer he had an awesome tournament and big clubs came. Think it was Inter. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I believe we were very close to signing him. Then in the summer he had an awesome tournament and big clubs came. Think it was Inter. 

Yes it was Inter. Seem to recall he was very impressed with Villa Park and the training ground too.

he would have been brilliant over here. 

My memory leaves me no chance of remembering 11 players who stood out but to this day, I've never been more impressed than watching Cantona play in Fergie's testimonial match. Of course he was showboating but I was in awe. 

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Vieri wasn't very good (his own words)!

“To be honest I wasn’t very good at football,” he said. “I loved cricket and when I started making some big scores for my boys’ team, I dreamed of becoming the next Border.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/aug/16/the-joy-of-six-footballers-who-can-take-or-leave-football

There's another footballer, though I can't remember who, that was offered a Formula 1 deal and a football contract as a teenager!

On 12/07/2019 at 15:24, Xela said:

1998 Celta Vigo midfield at VP

Mazinho, Karpin,  Mostovoi & Makelele

As @Wainy316 says I would absolutely have McGrath in my all time seen in person 11.

But definitely  Hoddle - England has never produced another player like him. Would probably have Le Tissier in there too.

Edited by TheAuthority

4-3-3

GK: Bosnich

Defence: Walker - McGrath - Terry - Cole

Midfield: Lampard - Busquets - Iniesta

Front: Messi - Carew - Young

Subs: Cech, Laursen, van Dijk, Cazorla, Mata, Rakitic, Yorke, Drogba, Suarez, Kane

I've gone for a 4-3-3 formation so that Ashley Young can camp out on the left wing knocking balls in for Big John Carew, while Messi fannies about on the other side of the pitch. We'll be mainly working that left channel.

Edited by KentVillan

In no particular order here's the pick of the bunch of the players I've seen live:

GKs - Neuer, Lloris, Barthez

FBs - Alaba, Lahm, Marcelo

CBs - Hummels, Van Dijk, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Pique, Desailly, Ramos, Varane

MIDs - Alonso, Vidal, De Bruyne, Y. Toure, Eriksen, Busquets, Iniesta, Coutinho, Rakatic, Makelele, Vieira, Zidane, Silva, Modric, Kroos, Isco

FWDs - Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Sterling, Kane, Muller, Messi, Suarez, Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo, Son, Reus,

Edited by Hornso

Â