Terry - England and vs villa

cole - vs villa

Xavi - vs wolves preseason friendly 96 I think

scholes - vs villa

Figo - vs villa

Ronaldo - vs villa

Ronaldinho - super cup 2005

Bergkamp - vs villa

honorable mentions to a lot of great strikers henry, Zlatan in preseason! eto'o but bergkamp was personally a favourite player of mine

i saw barca pre messi and with Iniesta as an unused sub

performances I haven't got a clue so went with names

Ronaldinho is hands down the best I've ever seen, he was mind blowing to watch

strangely I think the 2 or 3 times I saw him Ronaldo did pretty much nothing, can remember him being subbed in about the 75th minute at VP after reo-coker did a number on him 

Edited by villa4europe

15 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I suppose it was aimed at names, more of a "biggest name XI". 

Ah ok. Shane Long put in an awesome performance one game I saw him play live 😂😂

• Like 1

in terms of XI, i'm just going to say arsenal's invincibles at villa park, where pires scored that chip over schmeichel.

when i was a season ticket holder during the MON days, games blended into each other a lot of the time so i cant put together an 11 per se. i've seen ronaldo, but not messi...and he's my only real 'bucket list' player i need to see

honorable mentions, torres (when he was at liverpool), hazard for chelsea, gerrard, giggs. saw joe cole and lampard tear us to shreds at stamford bridge too...was only 2-0 but those guys as a midfield partnership were incredible

I wont put any Villa/Ireland players in so no God sadly. Also a lack of quality keepers I have seen play live that my backup choice was Mark Schwarzer

Molina

Zabaleta  Godin  Kompany Vertonghen

Nedved Mauro Silva Valeron

Forlan Ibrahimovic Suarez

Manager: Olof Mellberg ;)

Honourable mentions: Vermaelen, Huntelaar, Hamsik, Poborsky, Parker(awesome player live) Bellamy,  De Jong, Kai Havertz who will be a start, Brandt, Forsberg, Berbatov

I initially thought the thread title it meant try and assemble players you’ve ran into on the street or something....I’ve met Brian Little, stood next to Gary Shaw, I once saw Keith Curle in Wolverhampton’s Queen Square....would struggle with a full team.

I attend sporadically (fewer these days), and when I do I haven’t been to loads of games when we’ve played top opposition, so a lot of the players are gonna be from that fa cup game we lost 3-2 to Man Utd....urgh ****ing predictably nightmarish. 

To restrict myself, I’m only using opposition players (to avoid the inevitable inclusion of McGrath, Yorke etc) -

N.Martyn

G.Neville. S.Campbell. L.Blanc. I.Harte

D.Beckham. R.Keane. N.Lennon P.Scholes 

R.Van Nistelrooy. T.Sheringham

Tricky one that, I was tempted with putting in Harry Kewell but I remember being more annoyed about Neil Lennon at the time. I think Lucas Radebe was better for Leeds than Blanc was for Man Utd when I saw them play, but I think Blanc was probably the better player overall, so went with him. Sheringham is from his time at Spurs. As is traditional I’ve decided to stick Scholes out on the left.

Just to avoid going Schmeichel, McGrath etc I thought about a completely non-Villa one. I would have gone non England and mostly did for full on hipster effect but I couldn't leave Gazza out. Simply the best player I've ever seen live.

Andoni Zubizaretta

Miguel Ángel Nadal   Matthias Sammer  Fernando Hierro

Clarence Seedorf

Thomas Häßler     Andreas Möller    Paul Gascoigne    Sergi Barjuán

Dennis Bergkamp     Dimitar Berbatov

(A Goalie, a Left Back, 7 midfielders and 2 forwards then :D)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Did any of you go to see Pele at the Villa ?

got me thinking what could the best 11 be if you only watched villa, didn't include PL players otherwise you throw loads in (obvious one is Ronaldo)

GK - buffon, dasayev

DF - bergomi, brehme

MF - boniek, platini, Schuster, breitner, figo, matthaus

ST - del piero, rossi, rummenigge, pele, blokhin (I think in 82) vieri, Klinsmann, cruyff

• Like 1

Although i’ve seen the likes of Henry, Ronaldo et al playing live, one of the strikers that sticks in my mind is Christian Vieri.

he was a beast and recall seeing him play against us for Atletico Madrid in the UEFA cup.

we were linked with him for a while, he would have been brilliant in the Premier League. 

I went to the Brazil / Australia game at the German World Cup in 2006 and that Brazil team was pretty special, although they were past their 2002 peak. 

Ronaldo

Adriano

Cafu

Roberto Carlos

Kaká

Ronaldinho 

Robinho

Silva etc

Edited by LondonLax

1998 Celta Vigo midfield at VP

Mazinho, Karpin,  Mostovoi & Makelele

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Neuer

Lahm

Woodgate

Terry

Alba

Kross

Modric

KDB

Messi

Cronaldo

Henry

-

Hope one day Grealish makes it onto this list.

How has Woodgate made that list?

Â