Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I'm certain it isn't and haven't seen him for ages.

I was told Unai's MO is to bring his own staff to work alongside the existing staff for a few weeks then get rid of the originals.

A bit of googling tells me the new doc running on the pitch is Arnaldo Abrantes and he is now the Head of Medical Services at Villa although he might be Portugese not Spanish so my source might have been doing  a bit of racial generalisation.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not all that surprising that the players who play the most minutes get injured…

It’s why we need a good squad, so we can rest and rotate effectively…

This! 

That is why we are not ready for the top 4 yet, we don't have the squad for it. Konsa was an ever-present key member of the squad, Unai would rather play him in the RB position because tactically Konsa is switched on and can play the way Unai needs, we don't have that like-for-like swap yet. Cash and Konsa is like chalk and Cheese..

Going to be a massive loss. I am gutted for him, he has had a magnificent season (would say he was on the brink of an England call up but C*cknose is the Manager) 

22 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I am always open to the idea that there are lots of things I think I know but don't but I've never heard of an MRI scan needing to be delayed to detect an ACL injury and a quick literature search and trawl through my collection of ACL injury articles has turned up nothing on this.

Just as a Villa fan and not thinking as a physio, the fact that Mings and Buendia had their injuries diagnosed by MRI within 1-2 days after the injury suggests this isn't right.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I am always open to the idea that there are lots of things I think I know but don't but I've never heard of an MRI scan needing to be delayed to detect an ACL injury and a quick literature search and trawl through my collection of ACL injury articles has turned up nothing on this.

Just as a Villa fan and not thinking as a physio, the fact that Mings and Buendia had their injuries diagnosed by MRI within 1-2 days after the injury suggests this isn't right.

They have to wait for the swelling to go down a bit I think

5 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

If there's any consolation to the Kamara Ornstein article, it does repeat Emery's quote that Konsa is out for just 3-4 weeks.

The Ornstein article also came out at exactly the same time as the club statement on Kamara, so I suspect he was briefed by them directly.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Can Konsa play in the Kamara role when he’s back?

Probably not, probably not good enough manipulating the ball. But it's not as if we're blessed with options.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Probably not, probably not good enough manipulating the ball. But it's not as if we're blessed with options.

It's going to be Tim.

Or Tielemans.

Varying levels of worrying for me. Ultimately the defence is going to be under lots more pressure.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

It's going to be Tim.

Or Tielemans.

Varying levels of worrying for me. Ultimately the defence is going to be under lots more pressure.

I think it'll be McGinn and Tielemans vying for it, but I think I'd like Tim to be given the first shot - and if he takes it, keep him there. Not the biggest fan of McGinn in CM.

48 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It's going to be Tim.

Or Tielemans.

McGinn played there last season when Kamara was out and we did okay.

AAC63439-749C-427C-A866-CF992AD22974.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Huh?

No I was late to the thread and saw rumours that he may have done his ACL as well, so I was hoping " We're in this together " never meant we'll support each other through our ACL injuries.

I.E he had done his ACL too.

Edited above as I saw it said that it's a knee sprain thank god.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No I was late to the thread and saw rumours that he may have done his ACL as well, so I was hoping " We're in this together " never meant we'll support each other through our ACL injuries.

I.E he had done his ACL too.

Edited above as I saw it said that it's a knee sprain thank god.

We all make mistakes when catching up. Don’t worry!

Curious that the clout chaser on Twitter mentioned earlier hasn’t deleted their error about Ezri. I hope they do so soon. That said, I can see why some might assume the worst about Ezri also. 

Â