Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

BOF

try using the code and see if it lets you. I have no idea!

I've succumbed and used a wildcard after a wretched 2nd week. Made 7 changes so seems a bit drastic,  but  I'm so guilty of lazily looking at who played well the previous week :D But Luiz at 4.5 has got to be good value, even if he isn't going to be scoring those belters every week. 

Played my wildcard even though I'm in the top 10. Liverpool defenders let me down. Upgraded Sigurdsson to Sterling which was huge, now I have Salah, De Bruyne and Sterling as well as Kane up top. Also switched out Wesley (sorry big guy!) for Haller while his price is still low. A bit light at the back now but I got Mings there now!

I've had Jagielka in the side as I thought he was a guaranteed starter at Sheffield Utd. Obviously not the case so swapped him for Guilbert and put Pope in for Heaton as I can't have 4 villa players. Cost me 4 points but if Guilbert plays Saturday that's 2 points more than Jagielka would have got me so took a risk. 

On 03/09/2019 at 15:54, BOF said:

Wildcard activated.  Salah & Pukki sold.  Obviously there's more to it than that, and it's for the greater good, but those are the headlines ;)

Animated GIF

Dropping Salah? Ballsy 

I dropped him for Mané to accommodate an upgrade up front, but I don't like not having him, so now I'm contemplating downgrading VVD to Otamendi in order to bring Salah back in. 

Plugged it on the main forum, but if anyone's interested, I've started a podcast with a couple of mates about FPL. It's partly FPL in general and partly specifically about our super league, which is what I set up based on @Wezbid 's league that he has with his mates.

Bit of fun, but it anyone fancies a listen and give us some support it's on Spotify here: Minus 4: An FPL Podcast

And it should be on Apple Podcasts by the end of the week

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Plugged it on the main forum, but if anyone's interested, I've started a podcast with a couple of mates about FPL. It's partly FPL in general and partly specifically about our super league, which is what I set up based on @Wezbid 's league that he has with his mates.

Bit of fun, but it anyone fancies a listen and give us some support it's on Spotify here: Minus 4: An FPL Podcast

I'll check it out.  I tend to use the stock google 'Podcasts' android app, but you're not on there so I'll make an exception :P 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'll check it out.  I tend to use the stock google 'Podcasts' android app, but you're not on there so I'll make an exception :P 

I think once we're listed on Apple Podcasts we'll automatically show up on most podcast apps. So future episodes you should be ok :thumb:

But I'll look into this to make sure and get us listed separately if not

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Enjoyable podcast @Stevo985.  Good chemistry between everyone.  That Ben bloke is a cocky **** though :P   I get that Ray is a slow starter... I suspect he's a slow finisher too.  Kudos on the website.  All in all, that's a hell of a lot of effort you've put into FPL :thumb: Seriously impressed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Enjoyable podcast @Stevo985.  Good chemistry between everyone.  That Ben bloke is a cocky **** though :P   I get that Ray is a slow starter... I suspect he's a slow finisher too.  Kudos on the website.  All in all, that's a hell of a lot of effort you've put into FPL :thumb: Seriously impressed.

Thanks mate!

It all started as a bit of a laugh. I did a video for the guys in the league doing the draw for the groups and made it far more professional than it needed to be.

Everyone found it so funny that I thought it would also be funny to do a podcast.

But then once the three of us started discussing it we kind of thought we could turn it into a proper podcast.

So it's likely if we carry it on (and we definitely think we will), the part about our specific league will be relegated to 5 minutes and it'll be more about FPL in general

On 09/09/2019 at 14:09, BOF said:

We're listed on Apple Podcasts as well now so if you could check that google app and see if we appear you'd be doing me a favour :) 

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We're listed on Apple Podcasts as well now so if you could check that google app and see if we appear you'd be doing me a favour :) 

Nope, 'minus 4' doesn't bring anything up. 

On 09/09/2019 at 12:57, Stevo985 said:

Episode 2 is out if anyone is interested ;) 

@BOF solved the Google Podcasts issue. Might not be showing on there right now, but definitely done the process to get it on there, so should be soon