Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

BOF

3 hours ago, 7392craig said:

I’m in. Thought I was being clever using Obi Wan - Kenobi Nil, then realised I’d already been beaten to it 😕

Sorry that's me, although you used Wan

so I realised I don't know anything about PL football anymore, so I've picked a team of players who used to but no longer play for Aston Villa:

Nyland, Kalinic

Young, Walker, Delph, Stevens, Bertrand

Westwood, Albrighton, Robinson, Traore, Snodgrass

Benteke, Ayew, Abraham

Not going to lie, it is a bit shit.

6 hours ago, Mr.Messy said:

so I realised I don't know anything about PL football anymore, so I've picked a team of players who used to but no longer play for Aston Villa:

Nyland, Kalinic

Benteke, Ayew, Abraham

Looks like I don't have to worry about finishing last anymore...

happy best gif GIF

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr.Messy said:

Nyland, Kalinic

Benteke, Ayew, Abraham

You'll finish last

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m in. Can’t wait to finish last.

Don't worry

17 hours ago, Mr.Messy said:

Nyland, Kalinic

Benteke, Ayew, Abraham

On 31/07/2019 at 15:37, Wezbid said:

Yeah sure.

We have 4 divisions. DoBo - Top League, DoWo - 2nd Tier, DoDi - 3rd Tier, Fantasy B - Bottom Tier. 5/6 teams in each division.

Each division has its own cost per Gameweek play. DoBo - £5, DoWo - £2.50, DoDi - £1.25, Fantasty B - no fee but also no prize. Whoever has the highest score of that Gameweek (after transfer deductions, bps etc) in each division wins the Gameweek in their respective divisions. For example, I am in the DoDi division, I have the highest number of points of all the teams in that division then the other 5 teams in that league owe me £1.25 each, so £6.25 in total. 

We don't transfer money every Gameweek as it would be tedious and annoying chasing people up. After Gameweek 10, 20, 30 and 38 we settle up who owes what, if people don't pay up before a certain time then that team will be deducted -25 points from the league table for each day they don't pay. These deducted points don't go towards any gameweek, just the final league table. Whoever wins the division gets a payout from every other team in their league. Something like £15 per team in DoWo, £10 per team in DoWo, £5 per team in DoDi, £0 in Fantasy B.

The top two teams from each division are promoted at the expense of the bottom 2 from the league above.

Every team (Fantasy B included) pays £11 at the start of the season which goes towards cup prize money. We have 3 cup competitions.

The YOBO which is like our Champions League, the top 2 from each division the season before qualify for this. 8 teams in total, 4 Quarter finals drawn randomly, 1st leg Gameweek 30, 2nd leg GW 32, Semi-final 1st leg GW 34, 2nd leg GW36, Final GW. Prize money around £70/80 taken from the money every team puts in at the start of the season.

The DIKO which is like the EFL trophy which consists of 8 teams, All 6 teams in the 3rd tier league (DoDi) plus the teams who came 3rd and 4th in Fantasy B in the previous season. During Gameweeks 3-16, teams play each other head to head so other the 14 gameweeks everybody plays each other twice. The top 4 qualify for the Semi-Finals which take place in Gameweeks 35 and 36 with the final again being in GW 38. Not sure how much the prize money is for this one.

The final Cup is the SAKO. Every team across all 4 divisions compete in this one, the old format used to be everybody joined one big league, after Gameweek 30, the top 8 teams qualified for the QF's to take place over GW's 32 & 34, SF's over GW's 35, 37 and then the final in GW 38. They've re-worked it a bit like the FA Cup with teams from higher divisions entering at later stages. 

The league format always keeps players interested and playing because even if you're not having a great season, you can sneak a few Gameweek wins and still make some money back. It's not too complicated, just a bit much all written down at once maybe. We have things like if a team scores 100 points or more in a GW then the other teams in your division have to pay you an additional GW fee on top. 

The guy who runs it puts in a good bit of effort and work into it, there have been podcasts, interviewing some managers and we have a Charter written up along with a website.

The Fantasy Times

That kinda shows the layout a bit more.

This is fantastic

• Like 1

I’ve just entered the league. Having watched very little premier league football the last 3 years interesting  to see how I do. 

Weirdly despite showing as a Villa fan I haven’t been entreated into the villa fan league, anyone else had this problem?

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve just entered the league. Having watched very little premier league football the last 3 years interesting  to see how I do. 

Weirdly despite showing as a Villa fan I haven’t been entreated into the villa fan league, anyone else had this problem?

Maybe go back in to the 'Design your kit' page, temporarily choose a different favourite team and then re-choose Villa.  It might fix whatever setting hasn't ... ehh, set.

• Like 1

Was in the top 10 000 for most of last season, but slipped away the last month or so. Nearly got the VT crown too. 

Ready to go again this year!

I'm being far too creative with my team this year. It's probably going to punish me. But it's more enjoyable to play taking a bit of a gamble. 

Sterling and Salah set in stone. And off course, 3 Villa players in the team. 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

My knowledge of Premier League football comes mainly from FF since we've been out of the Prem